Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 2 May 20, 12:51 PM  
Link to this Post
Disney Nanny
Imagineer

Wow priced up for 2021

So, I had been waiting impatiently for free dining to come out for 2021.

Obviously this has not happened and who knows anything now!

My original plan was 10 nights villa, 10 nights on site at a moderate with the free dining.

I am now sitting here, chores done, garden being watered and thought I would do some comparisons for villa V onsite for next year without the free dining.

I took into account, accommodation, eating offsite/in parks, food for villa, car hire, fuel, park parking, park tickets. Then onsite, purchasing QSDP, one week car hire and parking fees, fuel.
I also include 'other' for offsite activities (only 2 or 3).

It has come in as £2239.29 cheaper to stay onsite with all the purchases above mentioned! This is a All Stars Music stay, QSDP, tickets.

NOW I am not saying this is set in stone for everyone!
This is for my plans, I am solo, only needed a small villa and pool, Only needed one room onsite Disney. Only need a basic car. Not doing Universal, but am doing Kennedy and Boggy Swamp ride.

But it has opened my eyes when I break down EVERYTHING I would be paying out for in both scenarios.
So, looks like (shockingly and not expected) if no free dining comes out I will be booking an All Stars and purchasing the QSDP (yes I can happily eat two snacks and two counter service every day)

So all those of you umming and ahhhing about next year with nothing offered as of yet, do break down each cost and see where it takes you
Disney Nanny is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 May 20, 01:08 PM  
Link to this Post
Leggibone
Imagineer

Interesting!
I am in a similar boat -waiting impatiently! But I hadn’t costed my fave offsite hotel including everything - I’m hoping for a moderate with free dining, or upgraded dining (I am going with 2 friends and a toddler, so we want to do some character dining)
May I ask what sort of figures you used for offsite food? Or whether you just said if you were eating onsite most the time for budget purposes? The only meal I can remember cost of for previous trips is IHOP being cheap! (Oh and Disney buffets being about $30 an adult?)
2014 - Rosen Inn International, Hard Rock Hotel, Yacht club and Bay Lake Tower! Mr Bears Grand Adventure, 2015- A sneaky to DLP- Sequoia Lodge, 2016- Another WDW trip... BLT, AKL, HRH and Rosen Inn - Mr Bear takes Boris to WDW, 2022 - Taking the small fry…. Coronado spring addition, 2024 - Riding solo?
Leggibone is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 May 20, 02:37 PM  
Link to this Post
Scaramouche
Imagineer

In 2016 we paid £5k for Disney cruise, 2 nights universal, 12 nights Disney (3 different hotels - 10 nights CBR with free QSDP)) DC dolphin swim, universal tickets, VS flights.

Our friends laughed and said we’d spent a ridiculous amount, I laughed and said we had a bargain! They stayed in a villa spent over £7k in total for food and fuel.

Everyone likes different things, villas aren’t for us, on-site isn’t for others. But when it just comes down to price it’s absolutely worth looking at all options in depth.
Forget Regrets... Or Life Is Yours To Miss.. No Other Road, No Other Way.. No Day But Today.. ♪
Scaramouche is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 May 20, 03:05 PM  
Link to this Post
lam
VIP Dibber

I did the same last week
I compared cost of current package (inc free qsdp dining,moderate hotel,preferred room, 21 day tix and free gift cards ) with cost to do the same next year :
€65 amendment fee+
€232 extra cost for 2021+
€480 (for not free dining-qsdp)
and a further $300 loss of gift cards ( €285)
-so total is a whopping €1062 just to move same package,same hotel, same room,same tix and dates in 2021!
(I took into consideration loss of 'free' gift cards too)

I decided to then cost up a 'cheaper option' and that was the 'All Star Music or Sports resorts with qsdp and same tix and its €400 more-sorry I put wrong figure in here earlier!-
(taking into consideration loss of gift cards, paying for qsdp and paying amendment fee. Also includes a preferred room and 21 day tix as per my original package) BUT its a Value Resort as opposed to a Moderate.

Still, worth considering as I'm only booked for 5 nights and theres only 2 of us!

Does anyone know if the All Stars Music rooms have been upgraded yet?
I actually prefer the 'older style' rooms and beds-so I'm hoping they haven'tall been refurb'd yet!

3/01-Sheraton 4 Pts & WDW Contemporary.7/07-DLP Sequoia. 3/08-WDW Pop & POFQ. 7/08-DLP Sequoia.4/09, 3/10 & 4/11-WDW AKV, 7/11- Doubletree@Seaworld & AKV -03/12, 3/13- WDW AKV 8/14 [I]Cabana Bay,OKW & AKV.07/15-BVP,BLT & AKV07/17-POR,BLT & AKV.07/18-AKV-Jambo,Cabana Bay Beach, Beacon Hotel,New York..07/20TRIP CANCELLED- 10/21-Cheyenne,DLP-7/22-AKV, Coronado & Poly.12/23-AKV, POR,BLT &ASM

Edited at 03:16 PM.
lam is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 May 20, 10:53 AM  
Link to this Post
Disney Nanny
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Leggibone View Post
Interesting!
I am in a similar boat -waiting impatiently! But I hadn’t costed my fave offsite hotel including everything - I’m hoping for a moderate with free dining, or upgraded dining (I am going with 2 friends and a toddler, so we want to do some character dining)
May I ask what sort of figures you used for offsite food? Or whether you just said if you were eating onsite most the time for budget purposes? The only meal I can remember cost of for previous trips is IHOP being cheap! (Oh and Disney buffets being about $30 an adult?)
I figured $70 a day for offsite food, now some days it will be a lot less if I fancy something light and easy at the villa, and somedays quite a bit more, depending if I fancy a rather expensive steak But that also takes into account all drinks too, not really alcohol as I drive, but visiting a park I love their soda's.
Really sit down and write down everything for one package you have put together, then do another onsite maybe with dining plan, then do a hotel in walking distance of restaurants etc. Don't forget car hire, fuel and parking costs.
xx
Disney Nanny is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 May 20, 10:55 AM  
Link to this Post
Disney Nanny
Imagineer

Originally Posted by lam View Post
I did the same last week
I compared cost of current package (inc free qsdp dining,moderate hotel,preferred room, 21 day tix and free gift cards ) with cost to do the same next year :
€65 amendment fee+
€232 extra cost for 2021+
€480 (for not free dining-qsdp)
and a further $300 loss of gift cards ( €285)
-so total is a whopping €1062 just to move same package,same hotel, same room,same tix and dates in 2021!
(I took into consideration loss of 'free' gift cards too)

I decided to then cost up a 'cheaper option' and that was the 'All Star Music or Sports resorts with qsdp and same tix and its €400 more-sorry I put wrong figure in here earlier!-
(taking into consideration loss of gift cards, paying for qsdp and paying amendment fee. Also includes a preferred room and 21 day tix as per my original package) BUT its a Value Resort as opposed to a Moderate.

Still, worth considering as I'm only booked for 5 nights and theres only 2 of us!

Does anyone know if the All Stars Music rooms have been upgraded yet?
I actually prefer the 'older style' rooms and beds-so I'm hoping they haven'tall been refurb'd yet!
Really is worth pricing up different kind of stays. I have done the all star movies and loved it, so more than happy staying at any of the all stars.
I do believe I have read somewhere that they are all now upgraded?
Might be worth having a google.
If they do end up offering free dining for next year, I'll probably go moderate then
Good luck xx
Old 3 May 20, 11:02 AM  
Link to this Post
Mickie
Apprentice Imagineer

Mickie's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Mobile

Thanks for that. We are due to be offsite for first time in October (half term and no free DDP) Always has free DDP before except one year when we came back and booked straight to go back right at the end of the offer and all they had was Pop and some other values with the breakfast. That was perfectly OK too although since then they’ve added parking charges onsite and also included alcohol. I’ll be working out figures carefully alongside whatever offers may or may not be there for thinking about 2021/2
Mickie is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 May 20, 11:38 AM  
Link to this Post
Disney Nanny
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Mickie View Post
Thanks for that. We are due to be offsite for first time in October (half term and no free DDP) Always has free DDP before except one year when we came back and booked straight to go back right at the end of the offer and all they had was Pop and some other values with the breakfast. That was perfectly OK too although since then they’ve added parking charges onsite and also included alcohol. I’ll be working out figures carefully alongside whatever offers may or may not be there for thinking about 2021/2
You're welcome.
Although I am still really quite positive free dining will be offered for next year, just not sure when they will bring it out, maybe after phase 1 and 2 have proved successful.
I know this years was more limited on dates, but as I travel in September (when not with grandchildren) I think I will always fall into the right bracket to get it.
I have funnily enough just done another comparison for the 20 nights, all stars, upgrade to the QSDP from the free breakfast, and the total is 'roughly' just less than £3600. This includes 1 week car hire, one week of car resort fees and fuel. I am happy with that price, I save all year, and completely look forward to my complete away from life holiday
Good luck in your new booking, do keep us updated especially if you find some good bargains xx
Old 3 May 20, 12:31 PM  
Link to this Post
ClaireNJ
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Disney Nanny View Post
You're welcome.
Although I am still really quite positive free dining will be offered for next year, just not sure when they will bring it out, maybe after phase 1 and 2 have proved successful.
I know this years was more limited on dates, but as I travel in September (when not with grandchildren) I think I will always fall into the right bracket to get it.
I have funnily enough just done another comparison for the 20 nights, all stars, upgrade to the QSDP from the free breakfast, and the total is 'roughly' just less than £3600. This includes 1 week car hire, one week of car resort fees and fuel. I am happy with that price, I save all year, and completely look forward to my complete away from life holiday
Good luck in your new booking, do keep us updated especially if you find some good bargains xx
Good news & great price is this direct with Disney 🤔
ClaireNJ is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 May 20, 12:48 PM  
Link to this Post
Disney Nanny
Imagineer

Originally Posted by ClaireNJ View Post
Good news & great price is this direct with Disney 🤔
Yes, booked direct with Disney.
When things are out of our hands (like now) I really do think the safest way is direct, they will always honour or refund. But I do also have insurance anyway.
xx