Notices
Offers, Discounts, Codes, Cashback and UK Shopping Money Saving tips, UK shopping topics , discount links and offers.

Old 4 Jul 20, 08:12 PM  
Link to this Post
IanSkellington
Proud to wear my Ears

Mobile ShopDisney US site

Has anyone purchased from the ShopDisney US site?
My better half was planning on picking up a Dooney & Bourke bag when we went to WDW this summer. As that's now off, we've spotted a 30% discount on Dooney and Bourke, valid until tomorrow night. Problem is shipping, which is $76, and then the unknown customs/admin charges that will also likely follow. Anyone have experience of these? Do they charge them before you are handed the package, or is it an invoice in the post?
The bag is around $260, so the discount and postage pretty much cancel each other out, its just the customs charges I'm a little unsure of.

Ian
IanSkellington is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jul 20, 05:49 PM  
Link to this Post
Eeyorefanuk
Imagineer

I had one bought and sent to me (individual) showed as present and got charged fortune in customs 😢 Learnt my lesson
Old 9 Jul 20, 09:47 AM  
Link to this Post
IanSkellington
Proud to wear my Ears

Mobile

I ordered it :-D

It would have been something we would have bought at WDW, so the 30% discount makes the shipping and customs easier to bear.
Noticed there are a couple of websites in the UK where you can order stuff from ShopDisney US, and they bulk order everything. Saves on postage and customs, you just pay them a membership fee. Will look at that for smaller future purchases.

Ian
IanSkellington is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jul 20, 01:48 PM  
Link to this Post
Eeyorefanuk
Imagineer

Originally Posted by IanSkellington View Post
I ordered it :-D

It would have been something we would have bought at WDW, so the 30% discount makes the shipping and customs easier to bear.
Noticed there are a couple of websites in the UK where you can order stuff from ShopDisney US, and they bulk order everything. Saves on postage and customs, you just pay them a membership fee. Will look at that for smaller future purchases.

Ian
Oh interesting to know. If you find the name could you let me know
Old 13 Jul 20, 10:59 AM  
Link to this Post
IanSkellington
Proud to wear my Ears

Mobile

magictoyourdoor/

Still trying to get my order from UPS. Missed the first delivery and they've messed up the address change, so wasted a day on Friday waiting for something that was never actually out for delivery.

Maybe tomorrow!

Ian