Notices
Car Hire & Transportation Discuss the best way of getting around Florida.

Old 23 Mar 19, 09:00 PM  
Link to this Post
glenandem
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile i95 from miami to Kissimmee

We’ve done this route a long time ago when we went on a tour of Florida but we’ll be straight out Miami airport and heading up to the villa in Kissimmee and wondered does it have any tolls along it?
glenandem is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Mar 19, 11:02 PM  
Link to this Post
pompeyboy
Apprentice Imagineer

We went straight up the 27, toll free, came back on the turnpike and it was £7.50 ish in tolls inc the Alamo sevice charge. Not much in it really, both 2 lane dual carriageways, Turnpike more like a motorway, slip road entry/exit, We left Miami airport at 5:30pm on a Sunday and arrived on I Drive around 10 ish, left Disney Springs at 1:30pm again Sunday arrived back at the airport at 5:45pm, 2 stops each way, smoke, stretch legs etc.

If you put the route into Google Maps and click on options, there is the choice to avoid tolls.
pompeyboy is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Mar 19, 11:41 PM  
Link to this Post
glenandem
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

Thanks pompeyboy yes I’ve been looking at the routes without tolls and it’s coming up with the us27 to the left and i95 to the right heading up, it says the i95 route is 20-30 mins quicker but I’m not sure with all the busy looking towns it passes on the right like Fort Lauderdale etc!
I can’t decide lol but I know we won’t be doing the turnpike as I’ve done that before and it’s so boring!
glenandem is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Mar 19, 12:03 AM  
Link to this Post
Juliemack
waiting impatiently...!

Juliemack's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
I've driven up I-95, it's quite busy with trucks because of it being toll free but it didn't bother me. I came off it where it meets the 192 and drove straight into Kissimmee.
Juliemack is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Mar 19, 12:37 AM  
Link to this Post
colin39
Imagineer

Mobile

27 straight through, towns patrol garages to break up the drive and stop you getting bored. Remember circle k for dollar big gulps
Old 24 Mar 19, 01:22 PM  
Link to this Post
Lorbs
Excited about Disney

Mobile

H27 much better and nicer route
Lorbs is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Mar 19, 02:32 PM  
Link to this Post
glenandem
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

Thanks guys I think we’ll try the us27 heading up then as we’ve not been that way before and will be interesting driving through all those little towns lol
Old 24 Mar 19, 03:09 PM  
Link to this Post
ginger ninja
Imagineer

ginger ninja's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Restaurant Reviews: 2

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Reviews: 1
We're doing this route in July and was wondering the best way? Want to get to universal asap but would prefer a scenic route

ginger ninja is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Mar 19, 09:54 PM  
Link to this Post
TEL N KEL
Imagineer

Another for the 27 done it a few times and doing it again this year, very little traffic some stretches there is nothing but open road with views for mile.
We have seen a few gators at the road side on a few occasions.
We try to make it to Clewiston and take a stop there
Old 25 Mar 19, 11:15 AM  
Link to this Post
brummymummy
Imagineer

brummymummy's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 14

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
Guidebook Photos: 90
We went on the i95 on the way and 27 on the way back, the 27 was quicker as there was no traffic whatsoever. The i95 was a Friday afternoon and took hours going out of Miami with the traffic and the rain x
2012 Pre-trippie
brummymummy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List