Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 17 Jun 19, 08:00 AM  
Link to this Post
tspill
Imagineer

Originally Posted by carolmc View Post
Yes Chris I was aware that the 72hr rule was always there but never enforced. Mind you, that suddenly became enforced so wonder if the middle name thing might also be enforced "suddenly"

I suppose it boils down to "their rules" and they can enforce them whenever they wish.
Even it the middle name thing was to be enforced suddenly - they won't use this to stop people travelling or entering the US. It might just mean a few more questions. They are not that draconian even if sometimes we think they are. They are not going to start turning away the majority of passengers travelling on ESTA at the airport /immigration. This simply isn't going to happen. So tbh, it is really totally different from the 72 hour thing which I can understand and is reasonable.
I totally understand the letter of the current law here - but there will as always be an element of sense and pragmatism prevail. Peoples identity remains the same regardless of whether they enter their middle name or not. The officials are there in part to actually help people.

And If I am wrong - then there are hundreds of thousands of travellers that will be screwed - including myself. I am not going to reapply for my ESTA at this time, but when I do I will definitely be including my middle name
All people can do is make their own decisions - there are risks both ways as many that complete estas seem to make major mistakes and end up needing a Visa - if you get some of the questions wrong. There have been countless threads on that here on the DIBB. And there are people who apply and get rejected for no known reason even when they had valid ESTAs previously. So to me these are much higher risks.

Edited at 08:02 AM.
tspill is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jun 19, 08:53 AM  
Link to this Post
sharpers42
Trying for More Ears

Until I read a post from someone saying they were refused entry due to their ESTA not having middle names, I won't be re-doing mine.
sharpers42 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jun 19, 02:40 PM  
Link to this Post
tracey1302
Imagineer

tracey1302's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
I didn't put a middle name on my Step-Dad's ESTA when I helped him with his application back in February for Vegas. No problems.

I haven't done it for any of ours this time, and unless I hear that they literally start turning people away... which I very much doubt they will do... I won't be changing anything.
tracey1302 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jun 19, 08:20 PM  
Link to this Post
Thorpy
Imagineer

Oh look another thread for us to reiterate that which is already elsewhere
Old 17 Jun 19, 08:55 PM  
Link to this Post
Floridarules
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Why did you decide not to include them and then decide to include them?
Marriott Motel, IDrive 1991, Davenport 2009, Windsor Palms 2010, 2012, Windsor Palms/RPR 2014, Windsor Palms, RPR, HRH 2016, Anna Maria, RPR, HRH & Windsor Palms 2018, Miami, Orlando, Anna Maria & Naples 2019. Orlando/HRH Easter 2022 & Miami/Orlando/RPR/Anna Maria/Naples 2022, Orlando 2023, Exploring Tampa 2024, Family relaxation at Anna Maria 2024
Floridarules is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List