juliab
Imagineer

juliab's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 16

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 78
Five Fords Fifth Family Floriday Aug 18 - Day 6 - IHOP & Seaworld

Monday 13th August

Slept really well, didn’t wake up until 7am which is really good for me.
Went out onto the balcony but this morning I was greeted with really grey skies and lots of thick cloud. It looked like it was going to rain!
I started writing in my journal and by the time Scott had come out to join me the sun had started to make an appearance.

I started with a little bit of packing whilst the kids were still asleep. Soon though Poppy was up and about promptly followed by Hayden.
I put a load of washing on then once we’d all washed and changed we went to IHOP for our breakfast. How good was it to be coming back here! Just love their pancakes and i couldn't think of a better way to start our day

We were going to Seaworld for the rest of the day but we need to nip back to the room as we’d forgotten the drink bottle.

It was midday when we arrived at the park, it looked really quiet judging by the amount of cars, or lack of them, in the car park.

Once inside the boys headed for Manta, it was really quiet and in no time at all Hayden and Jamie had returned back to us. Because the boy’s had virtually walked straight on they wanted to go back for another ride. I was felling brave, and had taken some sickness tablets, and said I’d join them for my first ever ride on Manta. Wow it was so good, really smooth, lots of turns though!

Poppy really wanted to go back on Antarctica but this time she wanted to go on the more extreme version! We all went on it together and I was quite surprised at how much the vehicle span around! I came off feeling a little bit queasy lol.

Hayden noticed that the Pop show was starting soon so we headed over to the theatre. Talk about good timing we made it there just as the show started.

Wasn’t quite sure what to expect but we were amazed at some of the bubble creations he made and thought it was a very visually entertaining show. Great for all ages!

Had a few of those beers again, of course Scott couldn’t drink so I had his!

Scott took Poppy on the carousel first and then we walked over to Mako. Scott took Hayden and Jamie on the ride whilst Poppy and I had a look around the shop. I thought it was strange that you couldn’t actually see the coaster from this area apart from a small part of the lower track. The boys soon returned back, again literally walk on. Scott said the ride was amazing, his favourite so far. He said it wasn’t at all scary and that I should give it a go! Think those beers were having an effect on me as I thought why not so I took Hayden and Jamie back on the ride.

As we walked through the line I could then see how high it was. Even so I went on and I have to say the ride was amazing! So smooth what a fantastic roller coaster, so glad I went on.

Next up for Hayden and Jamie was Kraken, again a 5 minute wait. The boys was really loving all those short lines.

We sat down in the shade and had some snacks next. We’d brought in some fruit with us, strawberries, apples, bananas and some tootsies!

Kept making sure we got plenty of use from the refillable mug as we’d purchased the barcode again. It had turned into a super hot day so we need plenty to drink, although you can get water for free.

Having not been to Turtle Trek before we decided to go on over to see what it was about. The film as quite sweet and of course we got to see some turtles.

Had a quick stop at the dolphin viewing area and watched them swimming around for a little while.

We then noticed that the wind was starting the get up a bit and the sky was starting to turn really black. Had a look in the shops for a little while then Poppy and Jamie had an ice cream each. It had turned 5pm and we noticed that the big roller coaster had stopped running so we decided to call it a day at Seaworld. The park was closing at 6pm so we wouldn’t have had much longer in the park anyway.

Once we arrived back at Blue Heron we took a slight detour into the Dollar Tree which was just at the side of our resort. Wasn’t sure what to expect but of course it was very similar to our very own Poundland!
It started to rain as we left the store but it only lasted a short while. There was lots of lightning in the distance though which form our balcony we could see it over Seaworld.

Had our dinner at the Olive Garden, the one located near to the Crossroads so not too far away. We were seated very promptly but our table was positioned very near to an air conditioning unit. It didn’t matter which chair I sat at round the table I was absolutely freezing. I couldn’t be bothered to ask to be moved so I just put up with it. Poppy was mortified when I put a napkin around my shoulders and on my legs. I didn’t care what I looked like!
The food here was just ok, we’ve been before but I don’t think we’d bother with this restaurant again.

Once we’d returned home I got on with the last bit of packing before watching illuminations from the usual spot. It wouldn’t be long until we’d be watching it for real!

The kids watched some Youtube whilst Scott and I had a drink on the balcony. It was amazing how far you could see from up there, lots of bright lights from International Drive.

This was our last night in the Blue Heron and we all agreed that we’d had a great time here and at the Seaworld parks.

Thanks for reading
juliab is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Aug 19, 11:46 AM  
Link to this Post
DISNEYLIZ
Imagineer

Another great day. I would have used the napkin like you did
DISNEYLIZ is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Aug 19, 08:15 AM  
Link to this Post
juliab
Imagineer

juliab's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by DISNEYLIZ View Post
Another great day. I would have used the napkin like you did
How i wished I'd took a cardigan with me

Thanks for reading
juliab is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Aug 19, 11:01 PM  
Link to this Post
Gemelos
Trying for More Ears

Really enjoying your report. Thanks for posting 😊
Gemelos is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Aug 19, 07:41 AM  
Link to this Post
Floridafour
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

Haha with the napkin 😆
I hate when the air-con is that cold, I would’ve done the same as you 🙂
Another great day 👍
Floridafour is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Aug 19, 07:53 AM  
Link to this Post
Disneycraft
Imagineer

Disneycraft's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 9
Restaurant Reviews: 17

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Reviews: 3
I’m like that with the air conditioning lol .the view is fantastic from your hotel

Marriott 93, MIC lakefront 94,Holiday inn 96,Rosen plaza 98,Quality inn plaza 02,BVP 06,BVP 07 ,Royal plaza 08,villa 09,villa +RPR 11,villa 12,Contemporary 13,BVP 14 ,POR xmas 15,Beach club 16,Beach Club 18 ,Contemporary 22, Sheraton LBV 23,+ DLP 03,17
Disneycraft is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Aug 19, 08:22 PM  
Link to this Post
Fuellady
VIP Dibber

What a fabulous view you have from your balcony, it must've been lovely having your coffee out there every morning.

Great day at seaworld with all of the short queues, and well done for conquering your coaster fears today.

Shame Olive Garden was a bit of a disappointment, it's one of our favourites so I hope it hasn't gone downhill. The aircon in the restaurants is always so cold, not sure why they need it to be that chilly. It's a pity that spoiled it a bit for you.

All of my trip reports are in this INDEX

My most recent reports are below:
*Complete* A Tale of Two Cities - Washington D.C. & Boston - March 2023
We Love Food! An Offsite Dining Report - May 2022
Fuellady is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Aug 19, 07:14 PM  
Link to this Post
helenlovesdestr
Serious Dibber

Mobile

Another great day. Well done on using the napkin - I totally would have too!
helenlovesdestr is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Nov 19, 04:16 PM  
Link to this Post
juliab
Imagineer

juliab's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by Gemelos View Post
Really enjoying your report. Thanks for posting 😊
Thank you for reading

Originally Posted by Floridafour View Post
Haha with the napkin 😆
I hate when the air-con is that cold, I would’ve done the same as you 🙂
Another great day 👍
Lol glad it's just not me that feels the cold

Originally Posted by Disneycraft View Post
I’m like that with the air conditioning lol .the view is fantastic from your hotel
We just loved the view, just stunning!
Old 14 Nov 19, 04:19 PM  
Link to this Post
juliab
Imagineer

juliab's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by Fuellady View Post
What a fabulous view you have from your balcony, it must've been lovely having your coffee out there every morning.

Great day at seaworld with all of the short queues, and well done for conquering your coaster fears today.

Shame Olive Garden was a bit of a disappointment, it's one of our favourites so I hope it hasn't gone downhill. The aircon in the restaurants is always so cold, not sure why they need it to be that chilly. It's a pity that spoiled it a bit for you.
The view was unbelievably beautiful, it was the best start to the day!

Maybe i just wasn't feeling it but Olive Garden was a bit of a let down. Still at least i gave the kids a bit of a laugh with the napkin antics!

Originally Posted by helenlovesdestr View Post
Another great day. Well done on using the napkin - I totally would have too!

Lol, needs must and all that