Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 10 Mar 20, 02:17 PM  
Link to this Post
LinziJellyBean
Surfing at Typhoon Lagoon

Flights April 2021

Hi All

We are going to Florida in April 2021 so I'm trying to prepare for flights coming on sale because it looks like they'll be on sale soon - I live near Leeds, and the rest of our party are in Newcastle. We will be flying 2 adults and 3 children all under 12 and over 5.

I wondered if anyone had any tips for cheap flights? Best airports to fly to and from, if there was any cashback or discount sites that would help with cutting the cost a tad? I think our Newcastle fam will fly to Heathrow and then out to Florida from there, but I think our best bet would be Manchester probably!

TIA! xxx
LinziJellyBean is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Mar 20, 02:47 PM  
Link to this Post
Gemelos
Trying for More Ears

Hi, we are in Leeds also and our preferred airport is Doncaster. So quiet and relaxing compared to Manchester 😊 . This may be an option for you if you don’t mind flying to Sanford. Their flights are on sale now for April but are pretty expensive at the moment.

Having said that we are flying from Birmingham in April as we saved around £250 per person compared to Doncaster. We may regret it on the journey home 😅
Gemelos is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Mar 20, 02:50 PM  
Link to this Post
LinziJellyBean

Thanks for the tip I'm not sure to be honest about where to fly to, but I def would consider outside of Orlando my only reservation is that I've never driven abroad at all and I'm super nervous about it but everyone tells me its quite easy!
LinziJellyBean is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Mar 20, 08:16 PM  
Link to this Post
jollys
Getting Excited

have a look on tui site flying from doncaster, great little airport
jollys is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Mar 20, 09:49 AM  
Link to this Post
LinziJellyBean

Ill defo look at Doncaster! Not far from us at all Thank you!
Old 11 Mar 20, 10:19 AM  
Link to this Post
princessnicki
VIP Dibber

i'm in Huddersfield and we always go from Manchester for convenience, direct train or taxi to the airport and direct flight to Orlando

All of Team Bricki's Trip and Food Reports

2019- Our Super Secret Wedding and Honeymoon In Disney World
2022- Brett's 40th Celebrations In Orlando
2023- Lisbon and Sorrento
2024- Athens and Italy Tour
2025- Seville

INSTAGRAM teambricki_yorkshire_foodies
princessnicki is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Mar 20, 12:08 PM  
Link to this Post
LinziJellyBean

Doncaster was coming out 4k total for the 5 of us and flies out 2 days before my family arrrive (2 days before the villa is booked so additional expense for accommodation) and leaves 2 days earlier than everone else. Definitely one to bare in mind as I hate stressful airports! But Ill wait for MCR flights to come on sale to compare!