Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 23 Apr 20, 10:39 AM  
Link to this Post
Bubbasmum
Apprentice Imagineer

It's made us more determined to book for next year. We will cancel this year if we cannot transfer and rebook in August/September time.

POFQ 2006
DLP Hotel New York 2010 & 2011
OKW 2013
Championsgate 2014
Disneyland Hotel at Disneyland Paris 2015
Disney Magic Cruise - Barcelona 2015
Disney Magic Cruise - Norwejian Fjords 2016
SSR 2016, SSR 2018
Bubbasmum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Apr 20, 11:00 PM  
Link to this Post
Princess Jools
Getting Excited

Originally Posted by lilo82 View Post
Yes we are waiting to book. However I have been told by my travel to insurance not to book until everything has been lifted.
Same here! Really want to put a deposit on May but taking advise of insurance.
Old 24 Apr 20, 03:28 PM  
Link to this Post
Cara040
Getting Excited

Originally Posted by Cupcake33 View Post
My insurance is with LV premier policy. I took out an annual policy in February for our August trip. I've called them this morning as I'm considering changing our holiday to next year but don't want to do this if I can't get insurance. They have said I would be covered if I rearranged the trip to next August as long as I auto renew the policy next February. I'm still not convinced and did ask the person I spoke to if I was to travel next August and contract Coronovirus and end up in hospital they would pay and he said yes. They have stopped selling new policies but existing customers are covered.
We’re booked for 24th August and I want to change it until next year. I’ve just spoken to my insurance ( Virgin money) and they’ve said as long as the booking is an amended booking ie: still on the original booking ref we would be covered ( as long as we also auto renew our policy with no break) but if we cancel the holiday and rebook then Covid 19 will be excluded.
All Star Movies Oct 2019 Sapphire Falls August 2022 Aventura Booked May 2024
Cara040 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Apr 20, 04:14 PM  
Link to this Post
Princess Jools
Getting Excited

Mobile

Originally Posted by Cara040 View Post
We’re booked for 24th August and I want to change it until next year. I’ve just spoken to my insurance ( Virgin money) and they’ve said as long as the booking is an amended booking ie: still on the original booking ref we would be covered ( as long as we also auto renew our policy with no break) but if we cancel the holiday and rebook then Covid 19 will be excluded.
Wish I had known this and I would had opted for a rebook but we were early in this process and didn't realise the implications on the insurance 😒
Old 24 Apr 20, 04:17 PM  
Link to this Post
itsmeGAV
Apprentice Imagineer

We're in the process of re-scheduling to Sept 2021..

Hotel & Parking with BLOC at Gatwick has been changed already FOC.
All park tickets have been extended until the end of 2021 FOC.
In the process of changing our timeshare accommodation.

We have fully paid for our BA Flydrive with paying shy of £200 for seats, but spoke to BA yesterday who advised if we cancel on or before the 14th of August we will get a refund minus the deposit of £150 and we will lose what we paid for seats.. however if they cancel the flights which they will know by July we will get a full refund including seats.

Waiting game on the flights now, but fully intending to go in Sept 2021.

I'm not keen on the rumored restrictions in place if Disney do reopen soon.
Jan 24 - Family timeshare, Vacation Villages at Parkway
Mar 25 - Family timeshare, Holiday Inn Club Vacations @ Orange Lake
itsmeGAV is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Apr 20, 11:05 PM  
Link to this Post
Portugal1000
Helping Minnie

I was going to book three weeks next September but until I know my family are covered if they catch Corona or anything similar whilst there then there is absolutely no way I’ll book. The US is the one place you do not want to get sick without cast iron guarantee that all medical bills covered. I agree that the insurance companies will no doubt at some point see a opportunity to charge huge extra premiums to cover this. However, I also think it just won’t occur to a lot of people. I know people at work who travel to Europe and still think an EHIC card is all they need. Always amazes me.
Portugal1000 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Apr 20, 08:13 AM  
Link to this Post
Mkp1974
Helping Minnie

I added on another thread, I’ve booked for May and insured through Axa. They will cover any illness including covid19 when away but won’t cover for cancellation, in which case I could claim on the airline anyway.
Mkp1974 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Apr 20, 08:44 AM  
Link to this Post
Princess Jools
Getting Excited

Mobile

Originally Posted by Mkp1974 View Post
I added on another thread, I’ve booked for May and insured through Axa. They will cover any illness including covid19 when away but won’t cover for cancellation, in which case I could claim on the airline anyway.
Thanks for sharing.. Would they cover sickness covid cancellation? So if you had to cancel due to covid prior to travel?
Old 25 Apr 20, 08:45 AM  
Link to this Post
Mkp1974
Helping Minnie

No. Only cover COVID while away. No cancellation due to COVID. Best insurance I could find at the moment.
Mkp1974 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Apr 20, 09:52 AM  
Link to this Post
mrsbenny
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Mkp1974 View Post
No. Only cover COVID while away. No cancellation due to COVID. Best insurance I could find at the moment.
We have the same insurance through our bank account. I checked a few days ago and we would be covered if ill abroad with covid but it wouldn’t cover if it was cancelled due to covid. I am happy with that cover.
mrsbenny is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List