Notices
Walt Disney World and Florida Trip Reports Trip Reports and Videos

Old 2 May 20, 01:56 AM  
Link to this Post
walt4it
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 8
:) Going Out in a Blaze of Glory - Summer of Sorcery 2019 - DAY 15- An Animal Kingdom Roll 'em!

Welcome back - you made it...I hoped you would!

I would also add - I love getting a little nudge to get this whole thing posted and I do have to admit I am still suffering on behalf of those with trips this summer, and the time sin which we a currently subjected - So, an almighty kick up the backside has ensured I got this posted tonight Thanks Abby x

Day 14 is just a click here away

The whole index for 2019 and a link to all of the previous shenanigans is here

Stay safe and thanks for reading

Welcome to DAY 15 -Wednesday 7th August 2019

We had a plan today that involved enjoying the lovely Villa with some nice weather , then seeing how the day goes once the storms came.
In the immortal words of Kenny Rogers -it was a case knowing when to roll ‘em! No idea where those words came from but given his untimely passing I was reluctant to remove them from the notes!

The pool morning was a great idea and allowed us time to just enjoy the place, even after arriving on Saturday we were still on that 110% mode and not quite relaxing as much as we should – it’s a holiday after all.

We then washed, changed and headed to IHoP for some pre theme park food – it ended up taking a while, as I think there were in the post lunch lull and short staffed. Our server was good though and as always, the food was great.

Could do with one of these close to home, as we can never decide on what everyone wants to eat, the menu here allows for everyone to be catered for and with so much to choose from you can decide if you are still in breakfast mode or wanting a sandwich for lunch or indeed the option we never seem to get to - which is the full on meal that you must need an almighty appetite to eat.

It had gone 2pm by the time we left , but we were soon parked in Butterfly 17 at Animal Kingdom.

The intention today was to try to do all the things that we have not done yet on this trip and that may possibly mean us missing a Nemo show, as the time clashes with the new UP Birds in Flight show.
Our first stop was for It’s Tough to be a Bug - just for that feeling of having your backside felt! An Ooh Matron moment in itself!

We did have a good laugh in here, you forget just how dark and scary this can be. It is a great show, yet often missed out in the thrill seeking desire to head to Everest or Pandora.

We then headed to the UP Birds in Flight show which is not Josh’s place of preference in the whole of WDW, he has a thing about birds ( I’m sure it’s his age) and we did enjoy winding him up a bit too!
Having waited 25 minutes for the show, the rain shower turned to thunderstorm which then resulted in the cancellation of the show-we should have gone to Nemo!

It would have ended up being a dry experience!
We had the chance of meeting two birds but they were feathered and held little attention for eldest DS. There was also no sign of the UP characters.

As with previous days this year, once the storm arrived it seemed to linger longer and with a lot more rain than in many other visits, there is nothing else you can do but adapt and make best of the day.

Our next stop was at Rafiki’s Planet Watch. thankfully the train was still running with lightning around us and the rain slightly diminished for now.

We arrived just in time for the final animation class of the day where we got to draw Ed the hyena from The Lion King.

It was not full, but it was another great addition to the park and we are glad that we had the opportunity to do this again.
Hidden Mickeys in the station - lots if you really look

We boarded the final train of the day back to Harambe where we found a fully stocked bar awaiting us!

Unfortunately, it was for the Circle of Flavours experience, that would take place between 6 and 9 tonight. At $125 plus tax I’m thinking we saved a bit by not doing this- despite the promise of copious food and drink! It did look inviting though.

We were forced to keep marching on past the goodies on show and with a posted wait of 50 mins we decided to queue for the Safari, we had time on our hands for a change and also know that if you ride this any closer to dusk the picture quality is even worse!
The animals still insist on just showing their backsides though!

We did manage one or two really good photos though and one of The Lion that is usually more blurred or out of focus than this one!

We only waited 25mins – so we refilled the popcorn bucket and headed towards Pandora- eager to see if the wait for Na’vi river was the 40 mins advertised. It was just 25. There was a bit of a time pattern emerging here. SO with the 'My earwax ' song from the Shamen stuck in our heads we enjoyed the ride - despite the new blurred photo experience!

The bonus of heavy late afternoon storms is the parks always seem to clear -especially AK and The Studios 25 mins on Na’vi River at this time of day was quite an achievement and we were glad we made the effort to get across to this part of the park.

From there we headed to Everest( once more criss- crossing the park) and as dusk cane upon us so did the opportunity for some amazing photos.

Single rider and then a front row fast pass- not our usual favourite place but with Epcot in the distance it was a great view and also the chance to get a photo from the top - and it was blurry!

But first question - This can't be a service dog! In the single rider line for EE?

Nearly got that eagle again too!

The Gift shop beckoned for Alison as she had a tee shirt she had her eye on for a few days and a walk around to Africa stopping for The Tree of Life Awakens show, it was amazing. I know I have said it before but I much prefer this amazing show, to watching Rivers of … word that rhymes with light. ( Better Photos later when it gets really dark though!)

We then just absorbed as much as we could- even as I type this now I can't think of a time when we just allowed AK to seep into our veins and just take in the minor things!

Our final stop was back again into Pandora and our final Flight of Passage, as we walked into the upstairs of D3 we were top row - result!

To cap it off the pre show was short, so we just soaked up the one ride that will possibly define our final couple of trips to WDW – there is something incredible about this ride no matter where you sit the experience takes away your breath , the music is awesome and the smells that permeate the air just take you to Pandora.

More than anything else you step off with a feeling that you must ride again, the temptation to join the standby line was great, so was the awareness that we will never ride this with a Fast Pass ever again.

We chose the sensible option, we had huge plans for tomorrow – which turned out even huger than I thought! ( no spoilers here though as when I typed the notes I had no idea as to what was to follow)

We left AK after once more walking and taking some photos at night.
With the time closing in on 9.30 we headed to the car and as we exited saw a car we recognised- in all of the whole of WDW The Reeters had left Epcot and were now right beside us at he the traffic lights and with two black SUV’s in an entourage going up Sherbeth Road it was a good thing they actually recognised us and probably a good thing it actually was them - it could have ended up rather messy!

We stopped in at the new Taco Bell close to Lake Wilson Preserve for a late food stop, they were just close to closing and it was noted that this food option would possibly not help on a late park exit night!

It was needed tonight and with a quick pool dip and an awareness that tomorrow was to be something new and something different – well that’s what I thought!

DAY 16 coming real soon! - and has a bit of a Surprise in it too!

A big 5 oh -no can be read by clicking here

Going out in a Blaze of Glory- Our Summer of Sorcery 2019 - COMPLETE! 4 Weeks, from The Yacht Club for 10 nights onto much more Florida fun too

All of our previous Trip reports and escapades can be read here.

Edited at 12:17 AM.
walt4it is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 May 20, 11:19 AM  
Link to this Post
Jannyjan
Proud to wear my Ears

You didn't miss much with the UP show, the previous one was better.
Jannyjan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 May 20, 01:22 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
A good mix of relaxing and a park glad the rain didn’t bother you too much

Joan
Old 2 May 20, 01:23 PM  
Link to this Post
Sparksy72
VIP Dibber

Sparksy72's Reviews
A nice relaxing pool morning seriously IHOP is a family favourite - who doesn’t love breakfast pancakes for lunch!

You absolutely immersed yourselves in AK, I think the theming is amazing and being able to take the time to absorb all the details is wonderful. Such a shame you missed Nemo but your drawings of Ed are fantastic.

Fantastic evening pictures too, another great day. I’m looking forward to day 16 and the big Surprise!
Sparksy72 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 May 20, 04:56 PM  
Link to this Post
Taffy1959
VIP Dibber

Taffy1959's Reviews
Mobile

Good day at AK and I’m looking forward to day 16
Old 2 May 20, 07:38 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 43
Hurrah I've saved this for when I could give it time and appreciate it.

I'm in the Kenny Rogers groove, I love country songs, Dolly Parton and Kenny Rogers Islands in the Stream is one of my favourite songs. So I can feel from the outset this is going to be a good day

As ever your love of just being in the parks comes across and it's infectious. Although I'm absolutely with Josh...I am not a bird lover I hate the flapping and I know they will make a bird fly over our heads and even though I know it's coming I still jump, I'm the person cowering in the seat. So, the Up show is definitely one that I'm happy to miss. I'm also not a fan of the big white birds with the long beaks. Yes. I know it's silly. I'm sure they are friendly, but I do not want them near me.

Ok we've avoided the birds. Phew. You should have gone to Lion king

Some fab drawings of Ed the Hyena and some equally fab photos on Everest, love the ride along photos. What on earth was that dog doing there though? Agreed, definitely not a service dog, surely?

Hang on, are you saying you started a drag race with your friends on the freeway so funny you ended up next to them on your way home. It's a small world after all.

Link to all my completed trip reports
2017: NYC and Orlando. Salzburg. Boston.
2018: Orlando. Berlin.
2019: DLP. Orlando. Washington DC.
2020: DLP.
2021: Jamaica. Rome.
2022: Orlando.
2023: Orlando. Niagara and Toronto.
Goldia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 May 20, 07:49 PM  
Link to this Post
HansysMum
VIP Dibber

A dog! Fab pics and can’t wait to find out what the next day brings !

2016 - CBR
2018 - AKL
2021 - Disney Magic
2024 - CBR 🫶 Portofino Bay
2025 -POR Riverside
HansysMum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 May 20, 01:05 AM  
Link to this Post
flo-tinka
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

Happy smiles as usual 😀😀 but wat no Nemo?
Tomorrow’s surprise sounds intriguing, waiting on edge of our seats...
flo-tinka is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 May 20, 10:08 AM  
Link to this Post
EllieP
Imagineer

So glad you’ve posted the next day, I’ve been waiting 😉
Really enjoy AK and I’m so looking forward to riding FOP 🤞if we get there this summer!
Interested to find out what you thought of Lake Wilson Preserve community? Did you find location ok?
Looking forward to the next day and the surprise - intriguing. Thanks again
EllieP is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 May 20, 03:35 PM  
Link to this Post
walt4it
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 8
Originally Posted by Jannyjan View Post
You didn't miss much with the UP show, the previous one was better.
Never understand why they mess around with shows , put a character from a film in it and ruin the good bits that were there before
Will keep it off the list for the future too

Going out in a Blaze of Glory- Our Summer of Sorcery 2019 - COMPLETE! 4 Weeks, from The Yacht Club for 10 nights onto much more Florida fun too

All of our previous Trip reports and escapades can be read here.
walt4it is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List