Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 1 May 20, 01:28 PM  
Link to this Post
Elodie
Imagineer

Ideas for Disney at Home

We’re planning a virtual trip if we don’t go for real in August. The girls (12 and 8) were so good when we told them it might not happen, and said they don’t mind at all if we have to wait a year or two for our dream holiday. It was supposed to be the girls’ first trip to Disney World and they’ve dreamed about it for years, so I think they’ve been incredible for accepting the uncertainty the way they have.

Anyway, I suggested we plan a 3 week Disney at Home staycation for the dates we’re meant to be away, including mine and DH’s birthdays. They were nearly as excited when I suggested it as when we told them we were taking them to Disney. At least they’ve never been, so they won’t know what they’re missing and can just enjoy Plan B!

They’ve thrown themselves into it: planning a travel day watching movies and eating snacks; wearing our Disney clothes; planning Disney food to make at home; them dressing up for us to have character meets; water park day (either at a pool if open, or in a paddling pool in the garden if not); parades and shows to watch at home (possibly movies under the stars if we can get a cheap working projector.) I’ve just bought them the Wii Toy Story Mania game with 3D glasses and ray gun too!*

Is there anything I’m missing before I help them make a planning folder? And any ideas for Disney activities we can do at home? Recipe suggestions? Anything to go on my shopping list? Or websites we should look at?

*If we do end up going, we’ll use our planned activities as a pre-Disney build up, so it won’t go to waste!
WDW Nov 1988/DLP Cheyenne Aug 2016/DLPDLHDec 2017/DLP Santa Fe May-Jun 2018/Magic at Sea cruise Jul-Aug 2021/WDW & 2 Wish cruises Aug-Sep 2023/DLP Newport Bay Compass Club Aug 2024/Fantasy’s first ever cruise from the UK Jul-Aug 2025

Edited at 01:29 PM.
Elodie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 May 20, 07:40 PM  
Link to this Post
Hula Doola
Excited about Disney

Love this idea 😍 We were meant to be going in 3 weeks and would have been DHs birthday while we were there. Kids and I are planning a home made kitchen sink dessert for his birthday, but hadn't thought of other ideas. Loving the travel day plans too!
Old 1 May 20, 08:04 PM  
Link to this Post
Mymemories
VIP Dibber

On the MDE app they’ve been having all sorts of Disney related activities and ideas ... like a step by step guide to drawing Mickey

They also have some park related videos and a step by step drawing of the Thunder Road train

And how to make a pineapple float

They been adding and changing things on the app every few days
Old 1 May 20, 08:51 PM  
Link to this Post
disney332
Imagineer

Get a snack jar and allow 2 credits per day

Disney332
Old 1 May 20, 09:17 PM  
Link to this Post
Bertiebear
Imagineer

Aww just wanted to say what a lovely idea.
Old 2 May 20, 09:22 PM  
Link to this Post
Ds4ljs
Imagineer

Ds4ljs's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Mobile

Originally Posted by Mymemories View Post
On the MDE app they’ve been having all sorts of Disney related activities and ideas ... like a step by step guide to drawing Mickey

They also have some park related videos and a step by step drawing of the Thunder Road train

I can recommend the pineapple treat and it was lovely!
Ds4ljs is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 May 20, 12:41 AM  
Link to this Post
Elodie
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Hula Doola View Post
Love this idea 😍 We were meant to be going in 3 weeks and would have been DHs birthday while we were there. Kids and I are planning a home made kitchen sink dessert for his birthday, but hadn't thought of other ideas. Loving the travel day plans too!
Ooh yes, we have two ADRs for Beaches and Cream - we were / are planning to get the kitchen sink on our first evening, and then No Way Jose for my birthday lunch! Definitely need to put both of those on the food list, thank you!
WDW Nov 1988/DLP Cheyenne Aug 2016/DLPDLHDec 2017/DLP Santa Fe May-Jun 2018/Magic at Sea cruise Jul-Aug 2021/WDW & 2 Wish cruises Aug-Sep 2023/DLP Newport Bay Compass Club Aug 2024/Fantasy’s first ever cruise from the UK Jul-Aug 2025
Elodie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 May 20, 12:42 AM  
Link to this Post
Elodie
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Mymemories View Post

I hadn’t realised any of this was on there, but these are great! Thank you!
Old 3 May 20, 12:42 AM  
Link to this Post
Elodie
Imagineer

Originally Posted by disney332 View Post
Get a snack jar and allow 2 credits per day

Disney332
Ha, I like it!
Old 3 May 20, 07:11 AM  
Link to this Post
Cherrypie
Imagineer

Mobile

Good on you - I still can’t think of our cancelled trip - I suppose if the kids have never been before they won’t know what they are missing like you say - mine are devastated 😭

The most magical place on earth
Cherrypie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List