Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 11 May 20, 07:26 PM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
Originally Posted by sophiepop View Post
My Mum and Brother have both had it and were told its a one off injection
Agreed. Over 65's it's a one off. So easy to have and we owe it to ourselves and others to take advantage of it.

Here endeth the lesson.

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976
Mr Tom Morrow is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 May 20, 07:44 PM  
Link to this Post
meggy
Imagineer

meggy's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Think I had it about 5 years ago... went in for flu Jab and she said how lucky I was as I was getting one in the other arm at same time for pneumonia! 8 months later I was in hospital and 3 months off work with... pneumonia
meggy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 May 20, 07:50 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

I got it a couple of years ago with the flu jab, and I'm just a youngster of almost 60 🤣😁
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 May 20, 07:54 PM  
Link to this Post
danisleigh
Imagineer

danisleigh's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 6
I wonder if my son should get this jab being immunosupressed? He gets the flu jab every year but didn’t know about this one.
Apr 98..Quality Inn, Dec 2004...hotel Cheyenne, may 2006...Emerald Island, Mar 2013..Regal Palms / AKL / Rosen Inn / HRH, Oct 14..Cypress Pointe, July 2016 Newport bay club, Aug 2016 magic med cruise, Aug 2017 SSR/Rosen pointe/HRH, Aug 19 Northern Europe Disney magic, Dec 2019...Sequoia Lodge, Xmas 2021 Rosen Plaza/HRH, May 2022 POFQ/HRH, May 2023 Disneyland LA.
danisleigh is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 May 20, 07:55 PM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
Originally Posted by meggy View Post
Think I had it about 5 years ago... went in for flu Jab and she said how lucky I was as I was getting one in the other arm at same time for pneumonia! 8 months later I was in hospital and 3 months off work with... pneumonia
Ouch. Wonder what happened there. Mind you nothing is infallible.

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976
Mr Tom Morrow is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 May 20, 08:07 PM  
Link to this Post
enjibenji
Imagineer

enjibenji's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Mobile

I was offered the flu jab, pneumonia and mmr jab beginning of march, perhaps I should of took them but I always think there's someone that needs it more than me. 😊
enjibenji is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 May 20, 08:24 PM  
Link to this Post
THE WIZARD
VIP Dibber

Had mine 2 years ago. DH had it as has asthma ! I was with him n asked if I could have it too.
Old 11 May 20, 08:43 PM  
Link to this Post
Pumpkin Pie
Imagineer

Never heard of it. I am in the right age bracket and have never been offered it (nor my husband). I have checked the NHS Scotland website and they do offer it. Must check with my GP once this is all over.
Pumpkin Pie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 May 20, 09:47 PM  
Link to this Post
soooexcited!
Imagineer

soooexcited!'s Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 5
Mobile

Originally Posted by RachaelC View Post
Our surgery offered flu jabs in a “walk through” style. All queued up, when inside the surgery given a form to compete with personal details, told to expose arm as we reached the front, then directed to the first available room, jabbed and out in no time. The nurses said that some people were complaining as they had to wait so long, but you could see it was very efficient for the overall process.
Theres normally 6-8 of us jabbing during flu season. It's one patient every minute. We are quick proficient and professional. Everyone has an appointment time and asked to come in the room with sleeves rolled up. Nobody waits and it's a good system. Unfortunately for a multitude of reasons people always turn up incredibly early either because of the bus timetable or thinking they can get seen as soon as they arrive. We see by appointment time as we run through our huge lists. We get a lot of grumbles from people who dont get seen if they turn up early.
Worth noting for people unsure no vaccine is 100% guarantee that you wont still get the illness. Lots of causes of pneumonia and flu but vaccination offers the best protection available.
Old 11 May 20, 10:29 PM  
Link to this Post
JAF
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Mr Tom Morrow View Post
The other issue I am monitoring but it doesn't apply to Ladies is this:-

Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm Screening Programme

nhs.uk/conditions/abdomi...ysm-screening/

I have posted the English link but ours is different as the Welsh NHS covers me.

Screening and monitoring (surveillance) appointments will be reinstated as soon as possible and we will try our best to offer men screening when they are 65 years old.
Would advise all males to have this test as unfortunately my father in law died of this and had this test been available we might have had many more years with him. If there is a family history it can be done at an earlier age.
JAF is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List