Notices
Walt Disney World and Florida Trip Reports Trip Reports and Videos

Old 8 Apr 20, 01:15 PM  
Link to this Post
nothingless
Very Serious Dibber

Talking 5-week Split Stay in Florida, Feb/March 2020 - Day 05: Windsor Hills & Disney Springs

Day 05: Windsor Hills & Disney Springs
February 14, 2020

[-- Trip Index --]

I woke up at 5:45 this morning and couldn't get back to sleep. I don't know if this happens to anyone else - but the harder I try to get back to sleep, the less success I have. And I get myself more and more anxious because I get so stressed about not being able to fall back asleep! Ugh I hate when that happens, especially on vacation! I eventually just went onto my phone to read Facebook. Myla had a great sleep until 7am. We had breakfast in the villa, and I played with Myla until Michael was done with his morning workout. After that, it was his turn for daddy daycare, since I needed to spend a good amount of today working!

As some of you may know, my husband and I own our own company. We design and sell clothing & accessories, and I'm doing customer service every day, even while we're in Florida. But, the main printer we work with is located in Hong Kong, and due to the coronavirus outbreak in Asia at that time, we hadn’t been able to ship any orders since January 15, the date their lockdown started. In Hong Kong, the restrictions were lessened on Feb 13, and today, Feb 14, everything was finally back up and running. My printer had emailed me about that this morning, so I had nearly 250 orders from the past few weeks that all needed tracking numbers added, which I had to do manually, one by one. So I was busy doing that behind the laptop until 4 o’clock in the afternoon, but it needed done ASAP! It's just one of those things - of course I'd rather be spending this vacation day doing more vacation-y things, but that's all part and parcel of having your own company, work never stops. It was OK though - I was very happy that production was back up and running and I was able to ship all these orders for my customers. Maybe naively, back then I thought that'd be the extent of the coronavirus affecting our business!

Michael took Myla to the smaller Windsor Hills playground while I got started in the morning, but they were back in 20 minutes as it started to rain.

They then played games on the iPad and played in the games room around while I continued working.

Michael cooked a proper meal for lunch, with tofu cubes, vegetables, and rice, it was very tasty! After that, around 1pm, it was dry so he took her back to the bigger playground. They were there for nearly 2 hours, Myla found 2 other little girls to play with and had a ball!

Michael talked to the girls' dad for a while - talking about Disney, the weather, and their shared dislike of Trump, of all things lol! This family was from Minnesota, and they were escaping the 3 foot of snow they have constantly there at this time of the year!

They were back at the villa around 3 and I finally finished work at 4. After sitting inside all day, I was itching to get out of the house and go do something fun for the evening. So we all got changed and headed to Disney Springs, parking up in the Grapefruit garage just before 5.

There was a choir doing live music, we stood and watched them for a bit. They were very good, Myla was dancing away on Michael's shoulders!

We browsed a few shops and had a look around the Lego and Uniqlo stores - nothing purchased though.

I spotted the Havaianas store just as we were headed to Erin McKenna's Bakery for more of their yum icecream, so we popped in there to see if we could finally find some flip flops for Myla. They had several lovely ones in stock in her size, and she picked these:

I wish they had these in adult sizes haha! We headed across the path to the Bakery next, and got more icecream (this time with Valentine's Day sprinkles), plus a brownie bite for me and focaccia bread for Michael as we hadn't had a proper dinner. All yum!

It was definitely a bit cooler today than any day so far, around 19 degrees with a cool breeze, plus Myla was tired, so we headed back to the car just after 6. We hit a traffic jam on the way back so it took more like 30 mins instead of 15. Myla fell asleep in the car, and barely woke up when we lifted her out of the car seat, changed her into her pjs and made her pee. She was sitting on the toilet, eyes half closed, actually peeing while she protested “I don’t have to pee” 😂😂 She was asleep again seconds after her head hitting the pillow, luckily.

Michael and I got changed as well, and snuggled up in bed to watch our favorite channel, HGTV, by 19:30. 🥰💞

Edited at 02:32 PM.
nothingless is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Apr 20, 09:21 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
A busy work day for you :omg but looked like Myla had a good time at the park

Joan
Old 9 Apr 20, 08:14 AM  
Link to this Post
flo-tinka
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

If you have to work, do it at Windsor Hills 😀
flo-tinka is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Apr 20, 08:47 PM  
Link to this Post
Michyloulou
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Glad you got the work sorted - at least you’ve got a sunny-based “office”, lol! Looks like Myla had a fab time with her new friends.
The Havianas are really cute by the way!
Michyloulou is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 May 20, 08:40 PM  
Link to this Post
jothp
Apprentice Imagineer

I'm glad you managed to have an enjoyable evening after spending all day working.
jothp is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List