Notices
Walt Disney World and Florida Trip Reports Trip Reports and Videos

Old 19 Apr 20, 03:57 PM  
Link to this Post
anji
VIP Dibber

What a horrible place! I would have felt exactly the same as you did Glad you got a refund.
We went to that mall too and it was deadly quiet also. I don't know how some of these places survive.

Index to all trip reports here https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho...3#post15913083
Seattle to San Francisco
Road Trip Florida 2017
New England Road Trip 2019
Florida Road Trip 2022
Canada/Pacific NW Road Trip 2022
Cyprus Chill week May 2023
Road Trip California & Arizona 2023
anji is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Apr 20, 08:40 AM  
Link to this Post
WileyCoyote
I am not a shopaholic

Originally Posted by Goldia View Post
I was not looking forward to reading today's post. Such a shame that the house didn't live up to the expectations. It's very interesting to see the photos of what you booked and what you actually got. I'm sad that this happened on your road trip as it had been fun up until this point.
Hi Abby. Hope you are doing ok x
It was such a shock when we walked in. They have changed a few of the photos now and have made the first bedroom look a bit nicer. Still doesn’t mention the building site bit at the back though ... . Happily things picked up and this ended up being the tale of the trip. I’m just glad it was only us and we could easily swop to a hotel. Imagine if we’d got the kids as well ...

Originally Posted by Cutiepie View Post
Oh Amanda, that’s my worst nightmare. You were brave even staying one night, I’m not sure if I would have been brave enough what a difference between the sets of pictures.

Will it put you off booking accommodation through AirBnB again?
Hi Kelly x At first I said it wouldn’t put me off but now I’m not sure. Airbnb kept saying they wouldn’t react based on one bad review but given the photos and video I sent , I am not sure what other evidence they needed. It’s not like we could have made it all up.
Although as the photos have recently changed I do wonder if they contacted the owner ...

Originally Posted by anji View Post
What a horrible place! I would have felt exactly the same as you did Glad you got a refund.
We went to that mall too and it was deadly quiet also. I don't know how some of these places survive.
Hi. How are you ? It’s always so quiet there isn’t it. We went to one in St Augustine earlier this year and that was even quieter ! It’s nice to shop in peace but a bit weird too
WileyCoyote is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 May 20, 03:19 PM  
Link to this Post
Fuellady
VIP Dibber

Oh Amanda, what a terrible experience that must have been. I remember you posting at the time but I think I'd forgotten just how bad it was. It looks like most of the nice furniture in the advertising photos has been removed and replaced with much cheaper looking alternatives. Of course, that's a small issue compared to the fact that it was filthy. That the bathroom hadn't even been cleaned is shocking, and the kitchen floor looks awful. It's horrible to have a day like that on holiday, where multiple things go wrong - it feels like such a waste of a day at the time. I'm glad you made it safely off of the pier at Anna Maria Island - the walk back to the car sounds terrifying.

Glad you managed to get somewhere nicer to stay for the next night, even if it wasn't what you had originally planned.

All of my trip reports are in this INDEX

My most recent reports are below:
*Complete* A Tale of Two Cities - Washington D.C. & Boston - March 2023
We Love Food! An Offsite Dining Report - May 2022
Fuellady is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 May 20, 06:12 AM  
Link to this Post
WileyCoyote
I am not a shopaholic

Originally Posted by Fuellady View Post
Oh Amanda, what a terrible experience that must have been. I remember you posting at the time but I think I'd forgotten just how bad it was. It looks like most of the nice furniture in the advertising photos has been removed and replaced with much cheaper looking alternatives. Of course, that's a small issue compared to the fact that it was filthy. That the bathroom hadn't even been cleaned is shocking, and the kitchen floor looks awful. It's horrible to have a day like that on holiday, where multiple things go wrong - it feels like such a waste of a day at the time. I'm glad you made it safely off of the pier at Anna Maria Island - the walk back to the car sounds terrifying.

Glad you managed to get somewhere nicer to stay for the next night, even if it wasn't what you had originally planned.
Lynda it was so disappointing walking in. They’ve replaced the bedroom furniture now so it does look better in the main bedroom but I wouldn’t have booked if they had posted the reality rather than the old photos. And it was just grubby.

Not the greatest day but it led to a great booking for the end of the holiday
WileyCoyote is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List