Old 13 Apr 20, 03:35 PM  
Link to this Post
nothingless
Very Serious Dibber

Talking 5-week Split Stay in Florida, Feb/March 2020 - Day 10: Aquatica Again

Day 10: Aquatica Again
February 19, 2020

[-- Trip Index --]

We all had good sleeps, and no solid plans for today. It was now Wednesday, and our 2 weeks at the villa were slowly but surely coming to a close - Sunday would be our last full day in the villa before we were starting our 3 weeks on-site at Disney. The weather for the rest of the week looked like pants - there was a cold front coming in and Friday especially looked like it was going to be really cold, so this looked like our last 'hot' day here offsite. With that in mind, we asked Myla if she fancied going to Aquatica again today, and she was like, YES! and jumping on the bed and saying, "thank you mommy, thank you daddy", bless! It was due to be 28 degrees today, and we had all loved Aquatica the other day, so we all really looked forward to a second visit.

I got my work out of the way in the morning, we all got changed and left around 10:30. Parked up around 11, changed our shoes at the car, and headed on it!

Because we were arriving a little bit later, it was a lot quieter at the entrance than last time, and we were able to walk straight in. We headed for Kookaburra Cove again and found some sun loungers in the same area as yesterday.

We headed into the pool and had basically a repeat from yesterday. Myla went down the slides a thousand times, and splashed around with the rubber tubes and just played and played while we lounged in the water near her, enjoying ourselves and relaxing. I remember feeling a bit overwhelmed at times with this feeling of like, pure luck, like so grateful to be there, enjoying the sunshine and all the fun!

Around 12 we all got hungry, so I bought some wraps from Mango Market again and we ate them on our loungers. They were proper vegan this time, no feta cheese lol!

Myla dragged Michael back into the water as soon as he'd swallowed his last bite, and I sat on the sun lounger enjoying my Frappuccino for a while. When I finished, I joined them and we played in the pool for ages, mostly with the rubber tubes and pushing each other underneath the water streaming out of all the play equipment - which Myla though was hilarious!

This one above here is still my phone wallpaper - her happy smile/laugh makes me so happy every time I see it!

In between all this, we also did the Roa Rapid Lazy River about 3 times! This is so much fun - all 3 of us were wearing the floaty life vests and all floated along the rapids, including Myla. We all love this!

We let her have a look at the other kids' area to see if she wanted to play there, but it was quite busy with older kids, probably 7-12 years old, and even being in there 2 minutes she got bowled over twice by kids running around and not watching out for little kids. So she very quickly decided she did NOT want to play there - we agreed and took her back to 'our' pool, which was more toddler friendly.

Later on, Myla tried to get another girl to play with her in the pool, but this other girl didn't want to and was ignoring Myla (she was a bit older, maybe 6 or so). Myla then tried to get her attention by splashing her with water - it didn’t seem to bother the girl, but of course I told Myla she wasn’t allowed to do that. I said it kindly, but she then came over to me and started absolutely bawling, crying her eyes out and being so upset that the other girl didn’t want to play with her, the poor thing! I held her on my lap for a bit, and ended up taking her back to the lounger because she was so upset. Even the lifeguard came over to ask if she was ok, she was crying that hard!

It was a combination of factors I think - it’s not like her to get so so upset. But she truly was very tired too - long day at the waterpark yesterday and today again, no naps, all that doesn’t help.

Eventually she calmed down after lots of cuddling, and I suggested we go do the fast river again. She was up for that, so we walked over and did the Rapids again. We left after 2 laps, much to Myla’s protests, but clouds were gathering, she was absolutely exhausted and getting cold, and we still had to get groceries on the way home.

Edited at 02:33 PM.
nothingless is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Apr 20, 03:36 PM  
Link to this Post
nothingless
Very Serious Dibber

I got her changed under constant protests that she was NOT tired and NOT cold - I didn't bother with the super hot showers today and just planned to bathe her at home.

We were back at the car around 4, and drove to Publix for some more groceries. Myla didn't want to go in and played on the iPad in the car while Michael went in and got the few things we needed.

We were home for around 5:15PM, ate dinner there, and just chilled in the villa until bedtime, watching TV and Myla did a good bit of coloring. She was so tired that she asleep for 19:05 lol!

Michael and I agreed we'd both loved Aquatica, and if we were getting SeaWorld tickets again, we'd definitely make time to visit there too - as far as waterparks go, this was hands down the most toddler friendly one we'd ever been to, with much more to do than just fast slides. It's a new family favorite!
nothingless is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Apr 20, 06:50 PM  
Link to this Post
JudeB
Imagineer

JudeB's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 3
Mobile

Really enjoying your report. We had the Seaworld/Aquatica tickets last year - great value. We love the water park though our kids are now grown up but Roa’s Rapids is still a favourite!
Old 14 Apr 20, 09:38 AM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Another good day at Aquatica Myla seems to really enjoy it

Joan
Old 14 Apr 20, 09:52 AM  
Link to this Post
jools1302
Apprentice Imagineer

jools1302's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Mobile

Myla is a real water baby she looks like she’s having the best time!
Old 15 Apr 20, 09:26 PM  
Link to this Post
Michyloulou
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Loving your photos, especially the one you’re using as wallpaper on your phone, so cute!
Michyloulou is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 May 20, 05:34 PM  
Link to this Post
jothp
Apprentice Imagineer

Another fantastic day with some lovely photos. We never seem to get very good photos in the water parks.
jothp is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List