Notices

Old 19 Aug 17, 03:11 AM  
Link to this Post
Timeout
Proud to wear my Ears

Five Go On a Culinary Caper - Day 6

We had an extremely slow start to the morning today, I think the time difference benefits have worn off! We made our way to Epcot.

Hubby and I decided that beer/cider was ok for a late morning snack!

Ace pineapple hard cider (thanks for the tip off Mrs Pumba!) this is really good.

Elephant foot IPA for hubby

We made our way to lunch at Teppan Edo. This was booked purely because of the positive reviews it receives on the DIBB.

We arrived and were shown directly to our table and joined our fellow diners at the table. They weren't particularly chatty.

I was asked whether I was prepared to have my food cooked on the same grill as the meat. This was a really nice touch, they also checked if I was ok with eggs and dairy.

We ordered drinks, hubby had a Sapporo Black beer. Everyone else had soda/milk.

Starters

Assorted Tempura - shrimp and vegetables served with Japanese tempura dipping sauce

And without the shrimp

Wafu Ribs - sake, soy sauce and ginger braised pork ribs

Kids miso soup

We were all given dipping sauces for our mains, ginger and yum yum sauce, our youngest said this yum yum sauce is definitely yum yum!

The chef then prepared our food in the grill, doing tricks as he went, the kids loved it.

Mains

Yasai - seasonal vegetables, mushrooms in kami nabe and tofu

Everyone also received noodles and rice

Tori - 8 oz boneless chicken breast

Asakusa - steak and shrimp

Salmon - 6 oz. fresh scottish filet served with spicy yuzu sauce

Desserts

Ginger Mousse Cake - layered sponge cake with ginger mousse and a ribbon of rich chocolate icing to top it off

Mango Mousse Cake - mango-flavored sponge cake with a smooth and flavorful mango mousse decorated with a tropical glaze

This was a great meal, the kids loved the interaction with the chef and the food was really tasty. My youngest ate more than he's eaten the whole time he's been here.

We wandered around World Showcase enjoying the atmosphere. We stopped off for ice-cream macaroon sandwiches in France.

Strawberries and cream and chocolate

They melted really quickly but we shared and they disappeared before they had melted too much.

Dinner this evening was at Le Cellier. This has always been a favourite of ours. We arrived slightly early and waited for our table we were seated approximately 10 minutes before our adr time.

Our table wasn't great it seemed very close to those around it. Not a problem we have experienced before.

Our server arrived and took us through the menu. We ordered drinks, sodas/milk and beer for Hubby.

They brought a selection of breads, sourdough, multigrain and pretzel.

And butter with sea salt and maple sugar.

All three breads were nice and warm, the butter was nice but didn't have as much taste as expected.

Starters

Baked Triple-Cream Brie - pickled heirloom beets, figs three ways, baby-greens, hazelnut praline

This was very good sweet and savoury at the same time, the Brie was encased in a pastry type case.

Canadian Cheddar Cheese Soup - made with Moosehead Beer and Neuske's Applewood Smoked Bacon

This was very rich and had a strong bacon taste. Those who had it struggled to eat anywhere near the portion they were given.

Kids soup

Mains

"Le Cellier" Filet Mignon - AAA Canadian Beef Tenderloin, mushroom risotto, asparagus-tomato relish, truffle-butter sauce

So mum and Hubby both had this. Mum said it was the best steak she's had yet, cooked to perfection and on a lovely bed of risotto. Hubby wasn't so sure he would still rate the Boathouse one higher than tonight's. He did say that all three steaks are three of the best he's ever had so it is being very picky to choose one over another. (I told him it was necessary for the purpose of food reports!)

Poulet Rouge - duxelle-stuffed chicken galantine, sweet pea puree, morels, crispy salsify

They offered it with fries for the eldest. He enjoyed this.

Root Vegetable Gnocchi - purple sweet potatoes two ways, petite squash, pearl onions, oven-dried tomato-vegetarian demi

This was very tasty, lovely combination of vegetables with the gnocchi on a thin layer of purple sweet potato mash. It also looked beautiful.

Kids Mickey mac and cheese

I think this might have fed youngest for a whole holiday!

Desserts

Nanaimo Pie - chocolate hazelnut crust, coconut custard, cream anglaise

Hubby enjoyed this

Blueberry cheesecake - double cream cheesecake blueberry lemon compote caramel cookie

Really good cheesecake

Donuts and coffee - Maple sugar pecan donuts whiskey caramel coffee mousse

This was a real disappointment, the donuts were heavy, solid and didn't taste very good, a small bite was taken out of the first and then everything else was left. The coffee mousse was good and had a good favour, I wish I'd got 2 of those and no donuts!

Kids chocolate moose

The meal tonight was nice and we would go back but we felt a little let down by the server who didn't seem very interested in us and a table that seemed squeezed in. The food was generally very good though, I just didn't feel like the whole experience was as good as it could have been.

Timeout is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Aug 17, 03:40 AM  
Link to this Post
app
DIBB App Manager

New Photo Added by Timeout - 19 Aug 17 3:40 AM.
app is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Aug 17, 10:44 PM  
Link to this Post
Jake71
Imagineer

A good day of lovely food. We loved our dinner experience at Teppam Edo
Old 20 Aug 17, 12:48 AM  
Link to this Post
Floridaagogo
Imagineer

Le cellier looks amazing x
Floridaagogo is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Aug 17, 09:51 AM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
A good food day

Joan