Notices
Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Old 15 Apr 18, 10:29 AM  
Link to this Post
k1971
Excited about Disney

Question Advice - Vista Del Lago

We're looking at going back Next year.
Last time we went in 2015, we stayed at the Rosen at Pointe on I-Drive for 21 nights. It was perfectly adequate for us.
Now DDs are a bit older, will be nearly 14 and 12.5 when we plan to go, so a single room at the Rosen isn't really going to do it, so we've been looking at villa type accommodation on a budget.
We've found the Vista Del Lago gated complex really close to Disney on the 192, and the prices we're seeing for next year are unbelievably cheap - we can get 21 nights for between £46 and £56 a night depending on the villa.
I know the complex has communal pools, not individual pools but that's not a dealbreaker for us. certainly not at that price!

So at that price, it all looks a bit too good to be true - location is perfect, price is ideal, and there's all the usual eateries on the 192 that would suit us. in fact there's a Dominos and a Subway just at the entrance to the gated community. And Manny's is 'Within walking distance'
I can't find any bad reviews anywhere. So as a first time DIYer, am I missing something really obvious?
k1971 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Apr 18, 11:32 AM  
Link to this Post
ingvar
Getting Excited

We stayed there quite a few years ago. We had a lovely villa and really enjoyed our holiday. To be honest I can't remember too much as it was a while ago, all I can remember is though that they weren't built like other villas that we've been to since. I'm sure someone will be along soon that's been there more recently than me
Old 15 Apr 18, 12:06 PM  
Link to this Post
steve@mac155.f
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
The villas at Vista Del Largo are manufactured homes not traditional build villas that is the reason they are cheaper than other villa areas and as you say they don't have their own private pools, if they provide what you are looking for accommodation wise and are within your budget then go for it.

Have you tried putting a request on the dibb to see what is available that might be within your budget for your dates that way you will have a comparison on accommodation costs.

Happy hunting

Steve
steve@mac155.f is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Apr 18, 12:13 PM  
Link to this Post
skb 123
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

Vista del Lago is a community of static homes - our equivalent of a caravan park. Having said that, they look lovely and may be perfectly adequate for your needs and budget. We had friends who owned on a similar site and spent their winters there.

As long as you are not expecting some of the luxury villas you see in trip reports on here, I would say go for it. It is in a good location.
skb 123 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Apr 18, 12:29 PM  
Link to this Post
Greyfriars
Imagineer

To call Vista a caravan park is ridiculous!
The fact that the homes are manufactured is neither here nor there!
It is a beautiful friendly community with an active HOA.
The security is first class and the place is spotless.
We have been staying there for 8 years on 10 occasions and now would not stay anywhere else. We have done it all from motels to luxury villas but this place is brilliant.
There is a small cafe on site, a gym 3 pools, 2 heated. Fishing lake, tennis courts, library and computer room.
At the entrance to the community there is a south American restaurant/bar, Dominoes pizza, Pizza Hut, Subway and a Chinese restaurant. Lots of other eateries within 1 mile. Animal Kingdom 10 minutes away.😀
We were last there in December and will be back on 24th April! 😎

Edited at 08:28 PM. Reason: spelling
Greyfriars is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Apr 18, 02:20 PM  
Link to this Post
k1971
Excited about Disney

Thanks for the info!
The prices are so cheap that I was looking for the catch. To be honest they look idea for what we want. A luxury villa would be lovely, but it's at least double the cost.

I came across them on homeaway (And I discovered only homeaway because it was mentioned in one of wizzo's trip reports). Is that the best place to book via or should I be looking at alternatives? They seem to have a number of properties in the Vista del Lago community to choose from, which is encouraging.
k1971 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Apr 18, 02:48 PM  
Link to this Post
plastic orange
Very Serious Dibber

We stayed there in 2000 as our already booked accommodation fell through and it was a last minute thing. We were pleasantly surprised by the venue and the property. Although they are manufactured homes, they are very spacious and solidly built. It's basically the next community travelling west on the 192 after Orange Lakes resort.

Pete
Old 15 Apr 18, 02:55 PM  
Link to this Post
sarahdisney
Excited about Disney

We love Vista Del Lago I book via Click Stay
sarahdisney is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Apr 18, 12:49 AM  
Link to this Post
skb 123
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by Greyfriars View Post
To call Vista a caravan park is ridiculous!
The fact that the homes are manufactured is neither here nor there!
Apologies, didn't mean to upset anyone 😯
Was just trying to give the OP an explanation as to the difference in cost and why it might not be considered to be a "villa" by some.

And based on your and others' positive reviews, I would tell OP to go for it!
skb 123 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Apr 18, 01:11 AM  
Link to this Post
billbarbara229
Imagineer

Originally Posted by k1971 View Post
Thanks for the info!
The prices are so cheap that I was looking for the catch. To be honest they look idea for what we want. A luxury villa would be lovely, but it's at least double the cost.

I came across them on homeaway (And I discovered only homeaway because it was mentioned in one of wizzo's trip reports). Is that the best place to book via or should I be looking at alternatives? They seem to have a number of properties in the Vista del Lago community to choose from, which is encouraging.
Try and book direct as home away charge a high fee
billbarbara229 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List