Notices
Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Old 26 Jul 19, 03:38 PM  
Link to this Post
daisymae
Imagineer

Linking Disney Hotel Reservation

Has anyone booked with hotels.com a Disney Hotel. How do you link the reservation to MDE. I tried using the Hotels.com confirmation number but no luck and if you can link reservation how long after booking can you see the reservation? Thanks.
daisymae is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Jul 19, 05:21 AM  
Link to this Post

It will probably take a few weeks at least. I normally book direct but I recently booked via Expedia and could not get the proper reservation number out of them for anything. I cancelled in the end, after copious amounts of communication with them. Far too much trouble, I will stick with booking direct. Sorry that did not actually help.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Jul 19, 09:53 PM  
Link to this Post
daisymae
Imagineer

Thanks I may try phoning Disney and see if the booking is on their system hopefully.
daisymae is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jul 19, 05:07 AM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by daisymae View Post
Thanks I may try phoning Disney and see if the booking is on their system hopefully.
I tried that with my Expedia booking, but they could not help as Expedia had not sent the details so they had no record. I will never book through Expedia or similar again.
Old 28 Jul 19, 08:11 AM  
Link to this Post
jvm32
Trainee Dibber

I used Expedia to book a partner hotel for our trip in December. I just contacted the hotel directly and they gave me the number to link to MDE, took them a week or two after the booking to provide it but was a very simple process. Its obviously slightly different for you if you have booked a Disney hotel rather than one of the partner hotels like I did, but hopefully a similar process.

Edited at 08:14 AM.
jvm32 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jul 19, 08:15 AM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by jvm32 View Post
I used Expedia to book a partner hotel for our trip in December. I just contacted the hotel directly and they gave me the number to link to MDE, took them a week or two after the booking to provide it but was a very simple process.
I tried that too. Also didn't work. Expedia, hotel and Disney all said that somebody else needed to it. Hence I cancelled after about a month of trying and getting nowhere. It was also a partner hotel.

Edited at 11:02 AM.
Old 28 Jul 19, 08:31 AM  
Link to this Post
jvm32
Trainee Dibber

Mobile

Yeh, sounds like something has got mixed up somewhere, mines was a seemless experience and I've used them plenty of times.
jvm32 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jul 19, 11:59 AM  
Link to this Post
scoobydooby
VIP Dibber

Mobile

I booked direct with Disney. Linked my booking using the PC and the tickets after a month, couldn’t do it before, and hotel showed up on there immediately. Only the tickets have shown on the app until this week which is weeks later. I can now see the hotel as well. MDE is notoriously glitchy.
Old 28 Jul 19, 12:23 PM  
Link to this Post
sotagals
Imagineer

Mobile

I had this with hotels. Com last year. I had to ring them in the end.

Eventually I got someone who knew what I was talking about and they told me the number - this was about 2 weeks after I booked.
sotagals is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List