Notices
Walt Disney World and Florida Trip Reports Trip Reports and Videos

Old 14 Apr 20, 03:15 PM  
Link to this Post
nothingless
Very Serious Dibber

Talking 5-week Split Stay in Florida, Feb/March 2020 - Day 11: SeaWorld & Outlets

Day 11: SeaWorld & Outlets
February 20, 2020

[-- Trip Index --]

I woke up at 6:30 this morning and Myla slept till a whopping 8am! She definitely was so tired after 2 days waterpark haha!

We wanted to go to the Outlets again today - last week we went to the Vineland Outlets and today we wanted to check out the International Drive outlets. Michael was still looking for a new pair of Skechers and they didn’t have any that suited him in the Vineland ones so the sales lady there recommended going to the I-Drive ones as they also have a Skechers store and it’s even bigger.

We would pass by SeaWorld on the way to the Outlets, so we figured we'd stop at SW on the way there as a treat for Myla. She had been asking to see the turtles again, and we knew this may be the last time we'd head this way before checking into Disney. Also, shopping is no fun for her, so this way we made the day a little more fun for her too.

Plans made, I got on the computer to do my work. It was an annoying morning, with some truly rude customers - just one of those days!

We ended up leaving the villa around 10 and were at SeaWorld for 10:30 - heavy traffic again on the I4 as always. There’s always traffic jams on this road, no matter the time of day! We queued for over 10 minutes to get into the car park too - definitely won’t miss that when we're on-site next week!

Once inside, we asked Myla what she wanted to see first and she asked for the penguins. We headed for Antartica, with a couple of stops on the way - the first one being the flamingos!

We stood and watched the rollercoaster for a bit too, Myla ensuring me she'd go on it when she was bigger! Okay then lol!

Next stop was the Manta Ray aquarium on the way - we hadn’t been in here yet. Gorgeous all those rays! I love seeing them swim!

Our next stop was at Journey To Atlantis. This ride had been in refurbishment the other days we'd been here, so this was the first time we saw the boat go down the big drop. Myla thought this was fantastic and we stood and watched here for at least 10 minutes, she was laughing every time! "Did you see that mommy! "

Finally we arrived at Antartica and went into the queue bit for skipping the ride. It was freezing as always in their exhibit (10 degrees) so we didn’t stay long, but she was very satisfied having seen them again!

Edited at 02:34 PM.
nothingless is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Apr 20, 03:15 PM  
Link to this Post
nothingless
Very Serious Dibber

Myla ate some snacks in the stroller while we walked around to the turtles and manatees. She was definitely still a little bit tired from the last few days and not in the best mood overall. So we didn't stay here too long, just walked past all the animals - as soon as she'd seen them, she wanted to move on.

We asked her what else she'd like to do, keeping in mind we may not be back here, she asked to go on the Sesame Street roller coaster again. So we walked over to Sesame Street, passing the dolphins and petting the rays on the way there.

Once we got there though, there was a big queue! It was pretty busy in SeaWorld today, the busiest we’d seen it. Lots of big school groups! Myla saw the queue and changed her mind on riding it. Instead she wanted to play in Harmony Hills, so we sat down there for a while and let her burn off some steam.

She spotted the Big Bird twirly ride behind the playground and told me she wanted to go on that. I took one look at it and said no way (I don't do spinny rides, motion sickness)! You have to go by yourself if you want to ride that! So she just said OK and was off to the ride entrance. 😂 she did fine on it, such a big girl.

She asked to ride the Elmo train again next, so we walked there...

...and we did the meet n greet again as well as there was no queue...

...and finally rode the carousel one more time.

Myla was really tired after all this, so she relaxed in the stroller with snacks and we slowly walked back to the car - it was around 1pm.

We drove to the Outlets and parked up just before 2. This place is huge, literally hundreds of stores! We went to find Myla an icecream first as we’d promised one when we went shopping. Michael found a sugar free strawberry icecream, which myla took 2 bites off and then didn’t want anymore, saying she didn’t like it (which I did tell Michael - little bit of an I-told-you-so moment!).

I then found a Haagen Dasz store, and got her chocolate icecream - this was a big hit and she sat quietly eating it while Michael browsed the Skechers store.

We both found shoes we liked, I got Myla some new Nike shoes for the summer from Rack Shoes, and we treated ourselves to new sunglasses too RayBans for me and Oakley for Michael!

Myla sat in the stroller most of the time, playing games on the iPad. I think she was happy enough with a relaxing afternoon like that! We did try and find something to eat for ourselves, but there was pretty much nothing vegan to be found in the food court, so we made do with sandwiches we'd brought.

We finally left the Outlets around 5pm and were again stuck in traffic on the way home - a 20 minute drive ended up taking 50 minutes!

Once home, we ate a homecooked dinner in the villa and chilled until bedtime - it was another fun and successful day.
nothingless is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Apr 20, 03:38 PM  
Link to this Post
4fromsuffolk
Very Serious Dibber

4fromsuffolk's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Mobile

Looking forward to reading about your move to Disney. We have lots of ‘told you so moments’ in our house 😂
4fromsuffolk is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Apr 20, 09:34 PM  
Link to this Post
Michyloulou
VIP Dibber

Mobile

A great combo of SW, ice cream & shopping, lol! Myla is very independent going on rides by herself!
Michyloulou is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Apr 20, 09:49 AM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Another good day a more great photos

Joan
Old 22 May 20, 06:01 PM  
Link to this Post
jothp
Apprentice Imagineer

More fun at Seaworld. I agree with Myla; I could never understand the point of sugar-free ice cream.
jothp is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List