Notices
General Trip Planning Other Holiday Planning.

Old 22 May 20, 08:42 PM  
Link to this Post
Tweety1
Imagineer

Vancouver and Hawaii

Ive just seen a thread about whale watching before Hawaii and someone suggested Vancouver first. Quick look at google images and looks lovely. So for ppl who have done this what your flight route and what is in Vancouver/how many days/must sees? Sorry for q’s never even thought of here before
TIA
Old 22 May 20, 08:58 PM  
Link to this Post
June8th
Apprentice Imagineer

I would check the time of year for whale watching in Vancouver. We went whale watching and didn’t see any, that was in September. I would think that certain times of the year are better for seeing whales.
Loved Hawaii!
June8th is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 May 20, 10:28 AM  
Link to this Post
skalexander
Imagineer

It would depend whether you just want to do Vancouver, or whether you want to add in Vancouver Island. If you just want to see Vancouver, I’d say you need 3 days plus a day for whale watching, but I’d probably say a week if you want to add in Vancouver Island.

I suggested Vancouver on the other post, as the OP was clear she wanted to stop specifically to whale watch. If you wanted to do more than that, I think Western Canada is deserving of its own trip. I also think Hawaii is so expensive to get to, that I personally would want to maximise my time there rather than on stop offs. But each to their own.
Old 23 May 20, 12:06 PM  
Link to this Post
dismamx2
VIP Dibber

I was following the other thread also as we're thinking of Hawaii for next year. I too looked at Vancouver as a couple of days stopover. But, the more I looked into it the more I thought I would really like it as a destination.

So now I'm torn between Hawaii (2 Islands) & a small stopover in US to break the trip, or a week or so in Vancouver, Vancouver Island & Whistler etc followed by an Alaskan cruise. Alaska has been on the table for a while as dd would love to do it. Previously I just imagined cold weather but again I've been looking at it and it is tempting me

I love the Dibb for all these amazing ideas I wouldn't have thought about myself, thanks guys
dismamx2 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 May 20, 12:51 PM  
Link to this Post
KarenG
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by dismamx2 View Post
I was following the other thread also as we're thinking of Hawaii for next year. I too looked at Vancouver as a couple of days stopover. But, the more I looked into it the more I thought I would really like it as a destination.

So now I'm torn between Hawaii (2 Islands) & a small stopover in US to break the trip, or a week or so in Vancouver, Vancouver Island & Whistler etc followed by an Alaskan cruise. Alaska has been on the table for a while as dd would love to do it. Previously I just imagined cold weather but again I've been looking at it and it is tempting me

I love the Dibb for all these amazing ideas I wouldn't have thought about myself, thanks guys
I totally vote for two different Hawaiian islands 👋
Old 23 May 20, 01:16 PM  
Link to this Post
dismamx2
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by KarenG View Post
I totally vote for two different Hawaiian islands 👋
Thank you for your vote I've seen some of your posts and I know you love Hawaii

I think I have lots of time to decide as I'm not prepared to book anything (else ) until we see what happens with travel over the next few months.

Thanks again
dismamx2 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 May 20, 02:18 PM  
Link to this Post
June8th
Apprentice Imagineer

We spent five nights in a hotel on Waikiki beach, then took a week long cruise round the islands, with an overnight stop in two ports. ( Pride of America N CL cruise line- which is the only cruise ship allowed to just cruise around Hawaii without stopping in a non USA port).
It was brilliant, loved every minute of it.
We actually flew in via Las Vegas, spending four nights there on the return journey.
June8th is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 May 20, 05:44 PM  
Link to this Post
Bella Girl
slightly serious Dibber

Bella Girl's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
We did a Hawaii cruise this March ( so blessed to get a holiday in before lockdown).
We loved Hawaii!

Wale watching was best at Mauii. There were so many whales and it was such a joy to sit on deck and watch them.
Bella Girl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 May 20, 05:48 PM  
Link to this Post
Mary A
Imagineer

Mary A's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by June8th View Post
We spent five nights in a hotel on Waikiki beach, then took a week long cruise round the islands, with an overnight stop in two ports. ( Pride of America N CL cruise line- which is the only cruise ship allowed to just cruise around Hawaii without stopping in a non USA port).
It was brilliant, loved every minute of it.
We actually flew in via Las Vegas, spending four nights there on the return journey.
We have this booked for March - hopefully will go ahead! 3 nights Las Vegas- 1 night Honolulu - 7 night NCL cruise - 3 nights Honolulu- 3 nights San Diego- 2 nights LA. 🤞

First visit 1989, last visit March 19. Next holiday Washington, Key West & Orlando May 20. Planning Hawaii for March 21
Mary A is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 May 20, 06:58 PM  
Link to this Post
June8th
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by Mary A View Post
We have this booked for March - hopefully will go ahead! 3 nights Las Vegas- 1 night Honolulu - 7 night NCL cruise - 3 nights Honolulu- 3 nights San Diego- 2 nights LA. 🤞
On Maui we took the Haleakala mountain top sunrise trip with a bicycle ride down hill after! Up at 4.30am but well worth it. It was very cold at the top. The tour group we used provided several layers of clothes. There were other people up there in T-shirt and shorts, boy were they cold!