Notices
Disneyland California and West Coast Trip Planning Disneyland California and West Coast Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 23 Mar 10, 05:46 PM  
Link to this Post
Diamonddog2801
Imagineer

It's just been confirmed that The Mirage is now charging a $15 'resort fee' per night, per room. Plus tax, that's about $17 per night.

I checked (via the Las Vegas Advisor forum, who confirmed direct with MGM/Mirage Corp) and they are now looking to introduce 'resort fees' to all of their properties! They are also going to charge this for bookings already made! :angry: They aren't confirming which hotels, and which dates, but it will be all of them (some of them already have the ubiquitous 'resort fee' in place - Circus Circus, for instance. I mean, come on! )

Please bear this in mind if booking in the future - it will not show up on the 'headline' rate, but is added at the confirmation stage. It is an indirect, mandatory charge - you cannot avoid it, and you cannot 'opt out' of using the services, and not paying that way.

I am very angry about this - so much so that i am considering cancelling my MGM Grand booking in August (no matter how good it is). The 'resort fee' is a huge con - and I think we should all, in whatever way we can, register our displeasure at this indirect, mandatory jacking up of room rates, by the MGM/Mirage group.
Diamonddog2801 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Mar 10, 06:07 PM  
Link to this Post
Bats
Disney Cruise Line VIP!

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 13
Crikey, that's awful. We're staying at the Luxor next month and I have no idea if it's part of that group or not. I shall scweam and scweam until I'm sick if it is!
Old 23 Mar 10, 06:23 PM  
Link to this Post
Heather1957
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Diamonddog2801 View Post
It's just been confirmed that The Mirage is now charging a $15 'resort fee' per night, per room. Plus tax, that's about $17 per night.

I checked (via the Las Vegas Advisor forum, who confirmed direct with MGM/Mirage Corp) and they are now looking to introduce 'resort fees' to all of their properties! They are also going to charge this for bookings already made! :angry: They aren't confirming which hotels, and which dates, but it will be all of them (some of them already have the ubiquitous 'resort fee' in place - Circus Circus, for instance. I mean, come on! )

Please bear this in mind if booking in the future - it will not show up on the 'headline' rate, but is added at the confirmation stage. It is an indirect, mandatory charge - you cannot avoid it, and you cannot 'opt out' of using the services, and not paying that way.

I am very angry about this - so much so that i am considering cancelling my MGM Grand booking in August (no matter how good it is). The 'resort fee' is a huge con - and I think we should all, in whatever way we can, register our displeasure at this indirect, mandatory jacking up of room rates, by the MGM/Mirage group.
That's disgraceful and as you said there is no opt out option.

I suspect the other hotels will follow.
Old 23 Mar 10, 06:28 PM  
Link to this Post
Diamonddog2801
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Bats View Post
Crikey, that's awful. We're staying at the Luxor next month and I have no idea if it's part of that group or not. I shall scweam and scweam until I'm sick if it is!
The Luxor already has a 'resort fee' - I think it's about $12 per night?

Check if you've factored it into your costs - if not, consider your options?

It is a low, backdoor practice - and not befitting of a company that claims not to 'nickel & dime' its customers (their words, not mine).
Diamonddog2801 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Mar 10, 11:23 AM  
Link to this Post
Diamonddog2801
Imagineer

Please sign up:

facebook/home.php?#!/...3097798&ref=mf

!
Old 24 Mar 10, 12:12 PM  
Link to this Post
PIGLET38
Imagineer

I have booked the MGM for my stay in October, but will be checking to see what happens with this and if needs be will cancel. Thanks for bringing this to our attention.

1993 & 1994 Kissimmee*1999 ASM*2000 Lindfields*2006 Pop Century*2010 Windsor Hills, AKL & ASM*2012 Villa Greater Groves*2014 Cabana Bay/Disney Cruise*Apr2016 Villa Whispering Oaks*Aug2016 Highlands Reserve & RPR*Apr2018 CBR*July2018 HR Villa & Anna Maria*AUG2019 HRH*Dec 2022 Regal Oaks*Mar 2023 HR Villa*
PIGLET38 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Mar 10, 05:15 PM  
Link to this Post
Diamonddog2801
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Diamonddog2801 View Post
Please sign up:

facebook/home.php?#!/...3097798&ref=mf

!
And spread the word, please!
Old 24 Mar 10, 07:48 PM  
Link to this Post
Cyclospora
Imagineer

Cyclospora's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 2
If I've booked as part of a package with Virgin - will I still be charged?

May tomorrow be a perfect day - may you find love and laughter along the way...
Cyclospora is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Mar 10, 08:19 PM  
Link to this Post
Diamonddog2801
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Cyclospora View Post
If I've booked as part of a package with Virgin - will I still be charged?
I would doubt it - but I would confirm that with Virgin first?
Old 21 Apr 10, 04:33 PM  
Link to this Post
Diamonddog2801
Imagineer

A good deal for Treasure Island, via Travelzoo:

reservations.treasureisland... %29:;mytisb;?/

enter the promo code MYTISB

and get 10% off the normal room rate, 2 free buffets & 2 tickets to Mystere!

Edited at 04:36 PM.