Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 22 Aug 19, 12:37 PM  
Link to this Post
IBEX23
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by Rachy View Post
It honestly gets worse. My partners credit card isn’t working now. We have alternate funds fortunately and he has a huge limit but no joy on the card we were going to use x
Rachy, I really feel for you. It’s just all been so stressful and one thing after another. I am sure it’s probably one of those security blocks as it’s decent amount from a new area you’ve not used in before. I’m sure a call to the CC company will resolve it, though I appreciate its the last thing you need right now.
IBEX23 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Aug 19, 12:37 PM  
Link to this Post
thatdavieguy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Rachy View Post
Booked flights for tomorrow with Thomas cook for £1200 with baggage
Is that return flights with them or one way? if one way, has Norwegian confirmed your return wont be cancelled due to not using the outbound sector?
Old 22 Aug 19, 12:38 PM  
Link to this Post
landandword17
Imagineer

Mobile

Most likely a call to the bank will sort that. Just be glad you have credit cards with high limits. Many people would have been totally stuck if they had to come up with the extra money. So glad you got sorted and we all learned a lesson about our ESTAs. Hope you all can relax a bit now, safe journey tomorrow.
landandword17 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Aug 19, 12:38 PM  
Link to this Post
EssexSue
VIP Dibber

Mobile

I have to be fair to Norwegian, last year my dopey daughter put her country of origin as US instead of UK on her Esta and they spoke to whoever and she was allowed to travel.
EssexSue is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Aug 19, 12:39 PM  
Link to this Post
lizzie145
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Dream bigger View Post
Not really a very helpful comment.
was an observation and not meant to be a helpful comment. i get that people dont want to split the family up but if it was going to cost £2000 plus for more flights I would be doing just that.
Old 22 Aug 19, 12:39 PM  
Link to this Post
catlady
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 4
Mobile

Did you notify the CC company that you were going away? Might be why they stopped it?
Old 22 Aug 19, 12:41 PM  
Link to this Post
Rachy
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by radecoy View Post
I would ask the supervisor to print off or screen grab a photo of what he can see.
In your situation I would ask for proof of everything that is being said from this point on as it may be something you need as eviedence for insurance or dispute.
We asked and he said he couldn’t for security reasons
Old 22 Aug 19, 12:44 PM  
Link to this Post
angelbabe
Imagineer

Rachy, cc will have put security block on, they did this to me in May when I cancelled flights with Norwegian and rebooked with TC. If you call them they should unblock and you will be able to use it. Good luck x
angelbabe is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Link to this Post
Rachy
Imagineer

Mobile

Card got stopped due to transaction of large payment to flight. Still on phone to bank.
Link to this Post
landandword17
Imagineer

Mobile

I used to be in the civil service and we could never print out screens and give them to someone for security reasons and liability reasons. It was about the worst trouble you could land yourself in on the job so I shouldn’t think you’d get a print out. Now that you’ve all calmed down perhaps a call to the ESTA people yourself to see what they have to say.
landandword17 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List