Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 28 Nov 19, 06:35 PM  
Link to this Post
JoJo88
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by tspill View Post
Well it is a sad state of affairs if relationships are this intolerant. There seems to be a lot of pent up anger o this thread for something so minor. No one got sick; no one died. When these things happen, you deal with it quickly and move on. Festering helps no-one - quite the reverse. Having it fuelled on a public forum just makes it worth. All these posts aren't going to have anything other than a negative impact on the OP and their partner.
I agree with the majority of what you are saying, this thread will serve to wind the situation up more, but the OP was feeling angry and wanted to know if he was justified to feel that way.

But... it’s a sad state of affairs if you can’t stay in doors for a couple of hours to help your spouse out. If it was me, I’d have cancelled plans to stay in if it was something important to help my DH with. Do you not agree that she could’ve stayed in? Her reason for going out is very weak.
JoJo88 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Nov 19, 06:39 PM  
Link to this Post
Colette-S
Bon viveur and shopaholic

Colette-S's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by tspill View Post
Well it is a sad state of affairs if relationships are this intolerant. There seems to be a lot of pent up anger o this thread for something so minor. No one got sick; no one died. When these things happen, you deal with it quickly and move on. Festering helps no-one - quite the reverse. Having it fuelled on a public forum just makes it worth. All these posts aren't going to have anything other than a negative impact on the OP and their partner.
Not sure it’s about intolerance though. I can’t see it can be called a mistake as she knew when the delivery was due and chose to go out. That’s being inconsiderate and disrespectful rather than making a little mistake.
Any negative impact is more likely to be as a result of her selfish behaviour rather than these posts. The op needed the laptop to try and earn a bit of extra cash for his family on top,of his regular employment and if that was me I’d be happy to try to help in any way I could

Edited at 07:04 PM.
Colette-S is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Nov 19, 07:01 PM  
Link to this Post
lizzie145
Imagineer

I read it that it that the OP asked if she was doing anything, as in specific, and asked her if she could be there for the delivery.
She agreed knowing the time frame but chose to go out because she didnt like the food in the house and therefore said delivery arrived ( this part is sods law)
I would be annoyed because the OP is working extra to support the family and needed the laptop but she couldn't wait in for it. That action could be seen as selfish or she could not realised the hassle it caused.

The OP needs to tell her how he feels as these sorts of things lead to bigger issues
Old 28 Nov 19, 07:07 PM  
Link to this Post
tspill
Imagineer

Originally Posted by JoJo88 View Post
I agree with the majority of what you are saying, this thread will serve to wind the situation up more, but the OP was feeling angry and wanted to know if he was justified to feel that way.

But... it’s a sad state of affairs if you can’t stay in doors for a couple of hours to help your spouse out. If it was me, I’d have cancelled plans to stay in if it was something important to help my DH with. Do you not agree that she could’ve stayed in? Her reason for going out is very weak.
I think this is the problem with these types of threads.

OP feels angry. When you post that, nothing is going to make a person change this. Emotions are very hard to control.

PS - I am not arguing that the OP's DW here is blameless. But we all do stuff that frustrates our partners. That is part of life. It is how we deal with these inevitable situations that matters as we will never stop them - we are human.

Some are referring to other posts that might give a wider context - I dont recall any of these so am just basing my views on this post alone.
tspill is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Nov 19, 07:27 PM  
Link to this Post
Dougie
Imagineer

Dougie's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Kd0758 View Post
I’d hate to be his wife though and have a husband who needed to get a load of strangers on the internet to tell him that she’s selfish. Quite a spiteful thing to do really
That's not what the OP is doing at all !

He asked a question, it's a forum, that's what people do. Not only that, no-one knows who he is or who his wife is. If people think their OH/DW/DH doesn't go to the pub/work and moan about them then they are mistaken. As for the question, yes you have every right to be annoyed. As others have said, I would eat toast or just go hungry if my OH had asked me to wait in for something.

Edited at 08:17 PM.
Dougie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Nov 19, 07:31 PM  
Link to this Post
marypoppins38
Imagineer

I would be pretty miffed too as its a rubbish reason that she has gone out... becuase she fancies something different than that is already in the house for lunch!? Seriously? ! If I had agreed with my husband to stay in for a parcel then I wouldn't let him down, same as he wouldn't let me down in the same circumstance. I think you need to sit down and have a chat with her as it sounds like its just at the end of a long list of her not appreciating your efforts.
marypoppins38 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Nov 19, 07:33 PM  
Link to this Post
anneeb
Apprentice Imagineer

I would be annoyed, surely she could have picked up something for her dinner after dropping off DS? She said that she wasn't going anywhere and would be available for the laptop to be delivered. To go out shows that either she wasn't aware how important it was to get the laptop earlier than expected, or she wasn't concerned. I would have to say something about what her going out meant to OP.
anneeb is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Nov 19, 08:12 PM  
Link to this Post
Libby29
Imagineer

Perhaps it was a choice of staying in or having to collect a surprise Xmas gift for the OP then that's a bit different.
If the shoe was on the other foot would she also be dissapointed. Perhaps put that to her and see if she understands why you feel the way you do?
Old 28 Nov 19, 08:25 PM  
Link to this Post
PPM
VIP Dibber

For Gawds sake it’s a missed delivery. The OP will get it tomorrow. Not worth getting wound up about.
PPM is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Nov 19, 08:35 PM  
Link to this Post
Blue nose
Imagineer

Mobile

It is just a missed delivery but it's something that someone agreed to do and then changed their mind with no regard for the other person.

When asked originally she could have said no. In my opinion once it's been agreed then it was thoughtless to go out.

I'd have to say something.
Blue nose is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List