Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 28 Nov 19, 08:38 PM  
Link to this Post
BlueMacaw
Trading Disney Pins

Mobile

There are so many conflicting opinions on here.

Yes it is a missed parcel, not the end of the world, no one is ill, no one has died ect ect

But it’s the principal of it all, she agreed to stay in to collect the parcel and went out to do a minor task of buying food to eat when there is food In the house already.

It seems selfish to me and inconsiderate.
BlueMacaw is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Nov 19, 08:46 PM  
Link to this Post
Lell
Imagineer

Lell's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
I think you have every right to be annoyed. In my opinion she was inconsiderate and selfish by choosing to go out unnecessarily.
DLP (Disney Explorers) Sep 2004, DLP (Sequoia Lodge) Sep 2007, Disney CSR/Universal RPR Oct 2010, Disney AKL Oct 2012, Doubletree by Hilton at Seaworld Oct 2014, West Coast Road Trip 2017, Florida Road Trip 2018, West Coast Road Trip 2019, East Coast/Canada Road trip 2022, National Parks Road Trip 2023
Lell is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Nov 19, 08:47 PM  
Link to this Post
Andybear
Imagineer

It's the wife I feel sorry for, with him venting to a load of strangers on social media about her. One of us on here might even be the wife or a relative/friend.
Andybear is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Nov 19, 08:56 PM  
Link to this Post

We all vent when we're angry/upset, and when we're feeling hurt, upset, confused we don't always take a second to consider how each line of our writing can be interpreted.

The problem with posts on here, and on social media is that people can't appreciate context, meaning, tone, sarcasm...
This is a place people come to for support and reassurance, perhaps if we can't offer that we should all just be a little kinder and scroll past.

He was asking for people's opinions on whether or not he should be annoyed at a specific situation, not our opinion on his marriage or his DW - neither of which we know anything about.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Nov 19, 09:07 PM  
Link to this Post
Mackenzies03
Serious Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by Andybear View Post
It's the wife I feel sorry for, with him venting to a load of strangers on social media about her. One of us on here might even be the wife or a relative/friend.
So unless one of the following:

A) his username is also a social media handle which is used for photograph based platforms or where he identifies with his name (Facebook, Instagram etc)
B) The friend/relative is aware that the user is who he is or has been made aware of the situation in real life
C) someone is going to sit and hack the forum to access his personal data
D) OP has completed trip/food reports or engaged with other posts using his real full name or personal photographs to identify him
E) it’s all hypothetical and never actually happened but OP is bored at home. Imagine if she doesn’t even exist!

I think he’s okay. If she finds this herself then she can react to it however she wants and he has to deal with it. Really not anyone else’s problem and he’s certainly not the first person on this forum to moan about kids/SO.

Hopefully having the opportunity to express his emotions has enabled him to collect his thoughts and have a conversation about it all.
Old 28 Nov 19, 09:15 PM  
Link to this Post
JoJo88
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Andybear View Post
In which case she’ll realise how inconsiderate she has been, will apologise, and they can both move on.
JoJo88 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Nov 19, 09:28 PM  
Link to this Post
Dougie
Imagineer

Dougie's Reviews
Mobile

Originally Posted by JoJo88 View Post
In which case she’ll realise how inconsiderate she has been, will apologise, and they can both move on.
Brilliant
Dougie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Nov 19, 09:41 PM  
Link to this Post
JoJo88
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by tspill View Post
I think this is the problem with these types of threads.

OP feels angry. When you post that, nothing is going to make a person change this. Emotions are very hard to control.

PS - I am not arguing that the OP's DW here is blameless. But we all do stuff that frustrates our partners. That is part of life. It is how we deal with these inevitable situations that matters as we will never stop them - we are human.

Some are referring to other posts that might give a wider context - I dont recall any of these so am just basing my views on this post alone.
And as I understand it, your views on this post are that the OP is wrong to feel angry. Fair enough. But the majority of responses seem to agree that they too would feel angry. If it was a different situation, and the majority of responses said they thought he was overreacting, he would hopefully see a different perspective.
JoJo88 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Nov 19, 09:48 PM  
Link to this Post
Kd0758
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Dougie View Post
That's not what the OP is doing at all !

He asked a question, it's a forum, that's what people do. Not only that, no-one knows who he is or who his wife is. If people think their OH/DW/DH doesn't go to the pub/work and moan about them then they are mistaken. As for the question, yes you have every right to be annoyed. As others have said, I would eat toast or just go hungry if my OH had asked me to wait in for something.
It’s absolutely what the OP is doing. He’s trying to justify being annoyed, he knows people are going to say that he’s right but there are some people (like me in my first reply) who says it wouldn’t bother them.

It’s different to moan about people on a public forum than to do it privately in a pub/work.

I also know that we’ve only heard one side of the story. OP says he does the food shop every week, does his wife get to have any opinion on what she eats? Maybe she was doing something for a surprise? Was the shop two doors down or did she get in the car and drive? It doesn’t state that he actually asked her to stay in either.

If I was annoyed at my husband and I was to vent to someone I’m not going to list out the good things he does because there’s a chance someone might say ‘actually, no, I think YOU’RE being the idiot’. That is exactly why the post is just criticising the wife.
Kd0758 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Nov 19, 09:57 PM  
Link to this Post
Mickie
Apprentice Imagineer

Mickie's Reviews
Probably best you vent on here a bit first so you can look at it calmly later and deal with it as you wish. For what it’s worth I’d be a bit annoyed too. Seems a poor excuse not to do something you said you would.
Mickie is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List