Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Closed Thread

Old 10 Jan 20, 08:57 AM  
Link to this Post
Rac20
Imagineer

I just can’t believe how many headlines there are just about this one topic. There are civilians being shot out of the sky and a whole country practically on fire and the first top ten headlines are all about Harry and Meghan. Baffling.
Rac20 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jan 20, 09:01 AM  
Link to this Post
Lindaelaine
Imagineer

Originally Posted by katiec68 View Post
And you know this how? That she's a "scheming woman"?

From the rubbish they print to sell newspapers or because you've actually met her long enough to be able to judge her?

And by who's standards would you be judging her on?
Yours, Piers Morgan's?
There is plenty of rubbish printed in the newspapers which can whip up a " blown out of proportion " frenzy, but a majority of people are sensible enough to sift out the truth from the lies .
There are an awful lot of facts surrounding Harry and Meghan that enable people to make up their own minds about them.
Has she been " scheming " ? I would like to give her the benefit of the doubt on that one .my own opinion is that her whole attitude changed from the moment she became his wife .
Sod this Royal life, Sod the general public who are way too interested in us, Sod being criticised just because I want all the perks but none of the duties expected of me . Sod the respect I am expected to show to the Crown, my response is Sod off back to Canada then . Go back to being an actress and relinquish your title and all the perks that come with it .
Aug 2018...Westridge. Aug 2019... Miami & Solterra Resort
Lindaelaine is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jan 20, 09:04 AM  
Link to this Post
PPM
VIP Dibber

They are trying now to lead a quiet life but it not working, they’ve just lit a fire of hate in the papers and all types of social media.

Oh well I suppose it takes the spotlight over the real news and dangers for the future of our world in general.
PPM is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jan 20, 09:08 AM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

Was just reading more from that deluded website- 'Redefining the Tourism Industry'- we must now interact more with communities. Seems he got various CSR heads of travel companies on board with this one. Try selling this to Mr and Mrs Average wanting 2 weeks by the pool in Spain or (on this forum) a trip to theme parks. Seems we all need to be community working eco warriors now.
Old 10 Jan 20, 09:09 AM  
Link to this Post
PPM
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by macdonald View Post
and i will add... then meets a scheming women which bewitches him!
Scheming?
How do you come to that conclusion?

Bewitches, ... or falls in love?

Harsh comments.
PPM is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jan 20, 09:14 AM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

Originally Posted by PPM View Post
They are trying now to lead a quiet life but it not working, they’ve just lit a fire of hate in the papers and all types of social media.

Oh well I suppose it takes the spotlight over the real news and dangers for the future of our world in general.
I don't think you try to lead a quiet life by:

1) Coming back after a 7 week break, before visiting the Canadian Embassy. Like Tom I suspect that they went there to secure a deal about living there etc.

2) Setting up a new messiah website, preaching to all and sundry.

3) Demanding taxpayer funded properties and security continues to be supplied.

4) Setting the agenda with the boss (Queen) by saying what you will and will not be doing, and how you are going to strengthen the commonwealth.

If you want a quiet life you say thanks very much, we don't want anything, and you won't be hearing from us again, which would have had very little backlash at all- I think most of us would have supported that one.

I think the last thing Meghan Markel wants is a quiet life- I think she wants fame and fortune. Apparently she even fell out with Kate over a tiara at the wedding- how shallow are these people? Remember - widely reported Harry said when getting angry with his courtiers- " What Meghan wants, Meghan gets!"
Old 10 Jan 20, 09:19 AM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
This sums it up for me.

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976
Mr Tom Morrow is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jan 20, 09:19 AM  
Link to this Post
iloveholidays1
Apprentice Imagineer

free protection whilst living in the uk, but they should be billed for all the foreign stuff, that is not official business.

This could apply to other Royals when on personal business/holidays as well. I work in a leisure centre run by a council, the other parts of the council i.e hr bill us for the services they supply to us.

Everyone now has to pay their way, why should expensive security come free of charge too so many of the royal family, they all have personal wealth which they can use.
ASSports Oct/Nov 2014 ASSports August 2016 POFQ Aug/Sept 2019
Cabana Bay/Carribbean Beach Jan/Feb 23
iloveholidays1 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jan 20, 09:23 AM  
Link to this Post
PPM
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Lindaelaine View Post
There is plenty of rubbish printed in the newspapers which can whip up a " blown out of proportion " frenzy, but a majority of people are sensible enough to sift out the truth from the lies .
There are an awful lot of facts surrounding Harry and Meghan that enable people to make up their own minds about them.
Has she been " scheming " ? I would like to give her the benefit of the doubt on that one .my own opinion is that her whole attitude changed from the moment she became his wife .
Sod this Royal life, Sod the general public who are way too interested in us, Sod being criticised just because I want all the perks but none of the duties expected of me . Sod the respect I am expected to show to the Crown, my response is Sod off back to Canada then . Go back to being an actress and relinquish your title and all the perks that come with it .
So you don’t like her?
I don’t know if you are married, but if you are, did you take into account the feelings of others and how your marriage to your partner would affect them? I know we didn’t.
Would you rather they split up, Harry gets back to his duties to the country and she fecks off home, keeping the press and social media happy?

Perks? If you call being publicly slaughtered every day for absolutely everything she does is that a perk? What she has to put up with each day would be enough to cause most folks to have a breakdown.
Do we care? No, well not according to all the hate being posted on social media, inc, here. ( which, yes, everyone is entitled to their opinion, I’m not decrying these posters, just offering my different opinion )
Old 10 Jan 20, 09:30 AM  
Link to this Post
novocastrian
Imagineer

see megan has gone back to canada already.. 3 days in the UK clearly enough

sooner they get away the better for all imo

at least everyone knows the score now
novocastrian is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread