Go Back   theDIBB > DIBB Members Trip Reports > Walt Disney World and Florida Trip Reports > Indexes
Forgotten Password?
Notices
Orlando Attractions
Unread 10 Jan 20, 06:26 PM  
Link to this Post
bambikate
VIP Dibber

bambikate's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 9
Restaurant Reviews: 25
Talking We're all going on a Poly-holiday - October 2019 ***IN PROGRESS***

Hi guys!

Long time no Dibb!

It's been a super busy but incredible year for us and one thing that I've had less time to do is Dibbing but that is about to change

Welcome to my eighth trip report all about our fabulous 2019 holiday to Walt Disney World staying at our dream hotel - Disney's Polynesian Village Resort.

I didn't do a PTR so as per usual I'll do a brief introduction first... if you've read any of my previous trips you can probably skip this bit as it will sound very familiar...

My name is Kate, I'm the spreadsheet loving chartered accountant and chartered tax adviser, Disney obsessed planner, Youtube video maker, Instagrammer, Dibber, procrastinator and worrier.

This was my 14th trip to the USA

Andy, my hubby: super hard worker, wonderful Dad, a big beard, lots of Disney tattoos, assistant planner and chief American driver, his 12th trip to the USA.

Izzy, our eldest, will go on ANY ride, stitch fan, roller coaster junkie, clever little sausage, her 9th trip to the USA.

Imogen, our youngest, super confident, super tall for her age, comedian, roller coaster junkie, her 8th trip to the USA!

2019 Update

As part of the introduction I thought I'd just quickly summarise what we've been up to in 2019.

If you've read my previous trip reports you may remember I had been busy studying for my final tax exams and in July I found out that I had PASSED!

NO MORE EXAMS EVER! It was such a great feeling and a huge achievement for me as a full time working Mum of two.

We also decided that 2019 was the year we would put our house on the market and buy our forever home We sold 6 days after putting our house on the market and found our dream house literally the next day. It was like it was meant to be! We were stuck in a long 13 week chain but we finally completed 3 days before our 2019 Disney World trip... (THAT was stressful...)

During this time we also had some heartbreaking news that my lovely Auntie had passed away. It was a big shock for all of us. She had also appointed me as executor so I also had a funeral to arrange and all of the estate affairs affairs to deal with including selling her home and making lots of phone calls.

During this crazy year we totally fell off the wagon with Weightwatchers and have put the majority of the weight we lost back on We are trying our best to get back into it but we are just not in the 'zone' yet if you know what I mean.

Finally, we ended the year on a huge high as we added to our family with this gorgeous boy, Walt

Itinerary

I will update the itinerary below with links to each day as I type them up

Day -1: Rain rain go away
Pre Travel Day - Travelling to London, staying at Premier Inn Gatwick North Terminal and dinner at Thyme Restaurant.

Day 0: The Flight of the Falcon
Travel Day - Flying to Orlando, Magical Express, checking in to the Polynesian Village Resort, Unpacking, Pizza and Champagne in our room.

Day 1: Fried food and fireworks
Magic Kingdom Day - EMH, Crystal Palace, rides, lunch and swimming at the Oasis Pool back at the resort, Happily Ever After and late night snacks in bed

Day 2: Hold my (green) beer...
Tonga toast for breakfast, a day at Epcot, Food & Wine, Trader Sam's, Pandora at Night and Rivers of Light

Day 3: Are you achin' for some bacon?
Starbucks, Animal Kingdom, Everest, Kilimanjaro Safaris, Flight of Passage, Yak & Yati, Spirit of Aloha Dinner Show and an evening in the lava pool

Day 4: The non-park day (where we go to a park)
Hollywood Studios, Toy Story Mania, Slinky Dog Dash, Alien Swirling Saucers, Tower of Terror, Rock N Rollercoaster, Capt. Cook's for lunch, a trip to Target, a pool day and dinner at Narcoossee's

Day 5:
Day 6:
Day 7:
Day 8:
Day 9:
Day 10:
Day 11:
Day 12:
Day 13:
Day 14:
Day 15:

Disney nails

Finally, a stay at our dream resort called for something Polynesian and Disney themed... hmmm what could I choose...

Oh, I know! MOANA NAILS

My super awesome nail artiste, Emma absolutely smashed it out of the park once again.

Here's my design:

And here are my nails!

Edited at 11:00 PM.
bambikate is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Florida 2019
Unread 10 Jan 20, 06:35 PM  
Link to this Post
caj
VIP Dibber

caj's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Mobile

Love that the nails are the priority!
caj is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Same castle, new horizons!
Unread 10 Jan 20, 11:30 PM  
Link to this Post
Clairebear
Proud to wear my Ears

Mobile

Cant wait to follow along! ❤️
Clairebear is offline Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Our first WDW holiday as a family.
Unread 11 Jan 20, 12:47 AM  
Link to this Post
Excited83
VIP Dibber

Mobile

So excited to see youve started this! Amazing nails!
Excited83 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Jan 20, 07:05 AM  
Link to this Post
Manyin
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

Love your trip reports, can't wait to read along

DLRP 1995, 2001,05,08
Rodeway Inn 2000, Ramada 2002, Hawthorn Suites 2007,09,10,11
Sheraton Vistana 2013 & 2015 Rosen Inn @ Pointe Orlando 2014/16/17/19
LV Mandalay Bay 2011 - MGM 14, 19 - Caesars 15, Luxor 16,17,18(x2), 19
Manyin is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
The unexpected trip!
Unread 11 Jan 20, 10:00 AM  
Link to this Post
Leia77
VIP Dibber

Leia77's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Mobile

Always enjoy your reports! Congrats on passing your exams 😊
Leia77 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Our WDW Holiday.
Unread 11 Jan 20, 11:31 AM  
Link to this Post
slow.jo
slightly serious Dibber

slow.jo's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Mobile

Yay! Looking forward to reading
Jo xx

Stewboy's Trip Reports
slow.jo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Florida... but no Disney!
Unread 11 Jan 20, 12:13 PM  
Link to this Post
Cutiepie
Imagineer

Looking forward to reading along. I was wondering about your latest trip over Christmas as I havent seen you posting in a long time
Cutiepie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Dubai for our 20th anniversary