Notices
Disneyland Paris Trip Planning Disneyland Paris Holiday Planning Questions and Tips.

Old 11 Jan 20, 11:55 PM  
Link to this Post
Wishes2013
Excited about Disney

How many nights?

So almost ready to book. As it’s our first visit, how many nights would you recommend? We are going to drive and stay at Davy Crockett. Was initially going to book 4 nights but 5 nights is not that more expensive. It’s our first visit, will 5 nights be too much? We won’t be venturing into Paris, just staying in the Disney area.
Wishes2013 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jan 20, 12:35 AM  
Link to this Post
Logan
Imagineer

Depends when you're going and how busy parks are. I've found that 3/4 days at quieter times allows you to do everything once and your favourites 2 or 3 times. With 5 days you could really take things at a lovely relaxed pace, take in all the parades and shows and basically 'smell the coffee'
Logan is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jan 20, 01:00 AM  
Link to this Post
Wishes2013
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Thank you. It will be May half term, so we are expecting it to be busy. We’ll go for the 5 nights then, as it’s a long drive. So used to WDW, not sure what to expect in DLP, but I’m sure we will love it. It will be nice to see everything and have time to just enjoy being there
Wishes2013 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jan 20, 10:49 AM  
Link to this Post
Bondy007
Imagineer

5 nights is not a bad choice. My personal thought is book as many as you can afford! We're doing 4 nights for Feb half term. Unfortunately it is going to be very busy (French holidays!) so we may or may not get everything done that we want to. I've put a rough plan together as an idea of where we should be on certain days and times, so hopefully we can work around the crowds..!
https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho... php?t=1157204
Old 12 Jan 20, 12:45 PM  
Link to this Post
Fraggle35
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

As you are driving, I would do 5 nights as you don't have to leave at a specific time for trains or flights. You will have time to fit in extra character meets and rides that you may not have had time to do in the 4days. I agree with Bondy007 the more the merrier.
Fraggle35 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jan 20, 03:02 PM  
Link to this Post
Lisa123wm
Imagineer

Our preference is 4 nights, and we make the most of the days by arriving at the resort early and leaving late.
We always drive over so book the tunnel to suit this.
For a first visit, and in school holidays, I think 5 nights will be perfect. Our next trip at Easter will be our 12th I think 🤔
Lisa123wm is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jan 20, 11:38 PM  
Link to this Post
MissJRabbit
Excited about Disney

I agree with everyone above, 5 nights will be lovely. It means when the parks get busy in the middle of the day you can escape back to Davy Crockett for a rest or swim and make some food. Also, if you are driving it means there is no pressure to arrive early on day 1 or leave as late as possible on your last day. The drive can be exhausting.
MissJRabbit is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jan 20, 12:33 AM  
Link to this Post
Logan
Imagineer

Mobile

We're provisionally planning 5 nights, end sept, start of Oct, Sun - Frid. Initially thought Mon -Frid might be sufficient, both from a cost point of view and also parks should be quieter with schools back. But we've only one direct connection from Belfast, Easyjet and flight times means we would not arrive until evening and have to leave around lunchtime on our final day. So 5 nights will give us an evening around the village, then 4 full days on the parks, plus the last morning to do what we want, maybe a few favourites again.
Logan is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jan 20, 01:04 PM  
Link to this Post
Elly_LDN
Helping Donald

Mobile

We usually go for 4 nights but when booking for our pervious trip which was just before Christmas 2019 we found that, like you said, it was not much more expensive to stay an extra night so we booked for 5 nights and so glad we did. With two young kids it was nice to relax and not rush round. It was very busy so having that extra day made a huge difference.
Elly_LDN is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jan 20, 10:11 PM  
Link to this Post
HappyPanda
Apprentice Imagineer

Our optimal time is 4n/5d but we have done 5n/6d before and that was really nice as we took everything at a much slower pace (it was August).
HappyPanda is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List