Notices
Car Hire & Transportation Discuss the best way of getting around Florida.

Old 21 Jan 20, 07:27 PM  
Link to this Post
Clarky
I want to go now!

Mobile Disney Magical Express

Hello, new here and stressing about every tiny thing. We travel in May 2 adults and 3 children (5, 9 and 12). I’ve only just found out we can book the Magical Express to get from the airport to POR where we are staying. Question is, is it worth it? Obviously it’s free but I’m wondering if it adds a lot of time and stress to an already long journey? Or is it part of the experience for us all? Any advice much appreciated. Emma x
Clarky is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jan 20, 07:29 PM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 1
It’s a free bus transfer direct to your resort so it’s worth it from that perspective. There can be a wait to check in for it and then another wait for a bus. Most buses drop at more than one resort too. It depends on whether an hour or so is worth the extra expense of paying for your own transfer.

Trip Report Index
sha9 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jan 20, 07:39 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

We did this on our first trip as we heard good things about the efficiency of the service but never again! It took over an hour to be boarded, the queues were horrendous and it was so slow. Lyft was so cheap for us over the rest of the holiday so I would have thought it would be relatively cheap to travel separately.

That being said, the return journey was absolutely fine.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jan 20, 07:43 PM  
Link to this Post
chelynnah
VIP Dibber

chelynnah's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 4
I’ve used it twice and no queues at all, literally. So it seems it depends on when you go. There’s a TV on board with cartoons, Disney info and trivia. We liked it. I didn’t mind going round the other resorts as I enjoyed seeing what they were like.
WDW several trips as a child; WDW 1993 on working vacation; DLP Sept 2003 - Newport Bay Hotel; WDW January 2007 - offsite HGVC Tuscany Suites; DLP Sept 2008 - DLH; WDW/US/BG January 2013 - offsite HGVC Tuscany Suites; WDW/US and MVMCP Nov 2015 - offsite townhouse; DLP Sept 2016 - Hotel B&B; WDW Feb 2017 - POFQ; DLP June 2017 - SL GF; DLP Sept 2017 - NPB CC; DLP Nov 2018 - SL; WDW Feb 2019 - WDW Princess Half POFQ; DLP Sept 2019 - SL & DLH;
chelynnah is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jan 20, 07:49 PM  
Link to this Post
Clarky
I want to go now!

Mobile

Hmmmm so mixed! I wonder if I can book and if we get there and it’s a huge wait we could jump in a taxi instead... obviously tell them and not just leave the bus hanging around!
Clarky is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jan 20, 07:52 PM  
Link to this Post
disney332
Imagineer

The ME is an integral part of my disney experience. I would not contemplate any other form of transport, for any reason whatsoever.

It all starts with a bus...oops motor coach.

Disney332
Old 21 Jan 20, 07:53 PM  
Link to this Post
disney332
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Clarky View Post
Hmmmm so mixed! I wonder if I can book and if we get there and it’s a huge wait we could jump in a taxi instead... obviously tell them and not just leave the bus hanging around!
You can do as you wish.

See my above post

Disney332
Old 21 Jan 20, 07:54 PM  
Link to this Post
discoclare
Excited about Disney

We went last August. No queue for the bus, got straight on and it left about 10 mins later. Liked the trivia on the screens and first stop was our resort (BC) so can't complain, but we've only used it once.
discoclare is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jan 20, 07:59 PM  
Link to this Post
AliceCooper9
Apprentice Imagineer

Getting on the bus I would consider part of the WDW holiday but it can be slow.

You could book it secure.reservations.disney.g...US/dme/dmeform
My confirmation took a while to come back.

On the day you could go down and see how busy it is. You won't have to tell them you are not using it. Although I am not sure about your return trip to MCO as you will not be officially booked in. You might have to use a taxi again.

Edited at 08:03 PM.
AliceCooper9 is online now Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jan 20, 08:03 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldcoast
Excited about Disney

Mobile

We used it in August, no queues and family who we were traveling with booking hadn't gone through but sorted it out within minutes and we were on our way.
Goldcoast is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List