Notices

Old 25 Mar 20, 10:42 AM  
Link to this Post
TheDisneyCouple
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Wismgari View Post
I hope your trips go ok for you. I have now accepted mine isn't, but I get super sad if I think about it.
Will you move your holiday or cancel?
TheDisneyCouple is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Mar 20, 11:16 AM  
Link to this Post
Wismgari
Imagineer

Originally Posted by TheDisneyCouple View Post
Will you move your holiday or cancel?
Cancel I think sadly - it is not booked as a package which makes it a little more tricky. I have cancelled all of our hotels in the Keys (all on cancelable rates), Disney are doing free cancellations so that covers those 10 nights and tickets when I get round to it. Just the flights, trains to and from airport and airport hotel that may be trickier to sort out (don't really want vouchers as not sure when we could use them!).

I really hope the world sorts itself out soon and as many people as possible get to enjoy their hard earned and planned trips!
Wismgari is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Mar 20, 06:52 PM  
Link to this Post
TheDisneyCouple
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Wismgari View Post
Cancel I think sadly - it is not booked as a package which makes it a little more tricky. I have cancelled all of our hotels in the Keys (all on cancelable rates), Disney are doing free cancellations so that covers those 10 nights and tickets when I get round to it. Just the flights, trains to and from airport and airport hotel that may be trickier to sort out (don't really want vouchers as not sure when we could use them!).

I really hope the world sorts itself out soon and as many people as possible get to enjoy their hard earned and planned trips!
We have booked a package so fingers crossed we'll be alright. To be honest, at this point, I think there's just as much risk that travel companies will go under.
TheDisneyCouple is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Apr 20, 01:59 PM  
Link to this Post
TheDisneyCouple
Imagineer

UPDATE 9th APRIL - Well we're still here! Obviously it's a little early to predict the future. However, since we're approaching double digits (106 days!) after a LOOONG wait to get here I thought we might as well check in with you all. Funnily enough, despite the uncertainty, we're feeling a little of the double digit excitement (both of us!). We've had an email from Virgin reminding us that our holiday is still on (fingers crossed Virgin make it through this!). Praying to the Disney god now folks!
Old 16 Apr 20, 02:31 PM  
Link to this Post
TheDisneyCouple
Imagineer

Mobile

UPDATE 16th APRIL - We hit double digits today! Yes our hopes are dwindling and Michael has refused to start a new countdown if we have to reschedule. However, we've both agreed that this day, nearly four years in the making, has been earned regardless. So we're celebrating anyway with pizza and chicken wings. Our Double Digit Dance of Defiance thread can be viewed by clicking here.

Edited at 02:05 PM.
Old 5 Jun 20, 02:34 PM  
Link to this Post
TheDisneyCouple
Imagineer

UPDATE 5th June - Wow. What a roller coaster it's been! So, Virgin have announced that they will start flying to Orlando from the 20th (even though the borders are still closed at both ends). Our insurance has confirmed with us today that they will cover us for Corona virus if we still choose to travel. Lastly, our parents offered us $2500, which they were going to save as surprise, to help us to reach a decision regarding dining. As the whole Disney-related world knows, the dining plans have been cancelled, which left our holiday in jeopardy as we didn't have the extra cash for food. The extra cash boost means that we have over $5000 to get us through the three weeks. I ugly cried! Now we're crossing our fingers for the border to open and our holiday will still go ahead. More details about why we're not moving our holiday will be posted when I've finished moving house.
Old 5 Jun 20, 02:49 PM  
Link to this Post
Macca04
Imagineer

Mobile

Fingers crossed for you. May not be the holiday you were expecting but hope you have a fantastic time if you get to go.
Macca04 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jun 20, 08:08 PM  
Link to this Post
Buggles94
VIP Dibber

Buggles94's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 5
Really hope the house move goes well Wow, fantastic you are still going this Summer. Can't wait to read the TR. Have a fantastic time!
Buggles94 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jun 20, 04:00 PM  
Link to this Post
TheDisneyCouple
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Macca04 View Post
Fingers crossed for you. May not be the holiday you were expecting but hope you have a fantastic time if you get to go.
Yes and it's still a big IF. Part of me will be relieved if the decision gets taken out of our hands, but OH is determined that, if we can go, we will. Next year isn't really an option because OH doesn't get the time off during the major holidays.

Originally Posted by Buggles94 View Post
Really hope the house move goes well Wow, fantastic you are still going this Summer. Can't wait to read the TR. Have a fantastic time!
It will be one heck of a TR if we get to it. It'll be amazing if we can still go this year. I know everyone feels differently about what it will be like. The first time I went to Disney World, it was paid for by an athlete who raised money to send a deserving child to Disney. They included spending money in all of that, but they didn't expect to give the holiday to a family who were absolutely skint, on top of having a disabled child. So my parents had to spend the money on food and hiring a car. They only had enough left to purchase four days worth of tickets for the parks. We couldn't afford to eat in the restaurants. It was still the holiday of a lifetime and it was still enough to inspire me to want to go back many times as an adult. Now we're all panicking about booking access to the parks and not getting in every day and not having dining plans.
Old 16 Jun 20, 06:44 PM  
Link to this Post
TheDisneyCouple
Imagineer

I've updated the trip report throughout.