Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 29 Nov 19, 08:35 AM  
Link to this Post
duchy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by MK_club1987 View Post
Can I just clarify that it's not a case of I allow her to not work, I gave her the choice when her maternity was over, I left it totally upto her and said I'd support her whichever decision she decided. I have never once said to her she needs to go back to work or she needs to stay at home, she always has my support either way.
“I’ve never made her work” did kind of give a bad impression.
However as always there are two sides to every marital spat ... there may have been good reasons why she went out (of course her good reason may not have being a good reason to you ) but if my husband went moaning to me to a bunch of strangers (or even non strangers) online, I’d be very disappointed in him . Clear the air with her ... what others think isn’t really relevant , every marriage is different but talking about her like she’s a naughty teenager isn’t on, you are both adults.
duchy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Nov 19, 08:43 AM  
Link to this Post
Tinkerbell
Imagineer

Tinkerbell's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
OP annoyed.

I’d be annoyed if anyone who had agreed to do something changed their mind on a whim.

It’s the wife... irrelevant really

It’s a delivery, no one died

It’s not for social media and someone stated (AB?) Who set those rules

BUT

When ever there is a post that starts

What would you do?
How would you react ?
Etc etc

They immediately become popcorn threads. If you can’t take opposite critical opinions then don’t post these types of threads, because you are asking a question and you’ll get a thousand different answers and 50% won’t agree with the other 50% and the OP, as is often the case, gets ≈≈≈≈≈≈ off and pulls the thread. How many times have we seen this happen.

Harsh I know
Tinkerbell is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Nov 19, 08:54 AM  
Link to this Post
duchy
Imagineer

I wonder what an OP does with the replies , prints the ones agreeing out and says “look ...the dibb/Facebook says I am right and you are wrong “ ?
I get venting ... I don’t get “what would you do” it doesn’t matter what I’d do, I’m not you and I’m not married to your wife. Every relationship has different “hot spots” and I might shrug off stuff that drives you insane but go nuts over something you’d consider insignificant.
duchy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Nov 19, 09:31 AM  
Link to this Post
JoJo88
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by duchy View Post
I wonder what an OP does with the replies , prints the ones agreeing out and says “look ...the dibb/Facebook says I am right and you are wrong “ ?
I get venting ... I don’t get “what would you do” it doesn’t matter what I’d do, I’m not you and I’m not married to your wife. Every relationship has different “hot spots” and I might shrug off stuff that drives you insane but go nuts over something you’d consider insignificant.
Or perhaps he can approach the situation with his wife knowing that he isn’t overreacting by feeling angered by her lack of consideration. Perhaps he was looking for reassurance that his feelings were justified. Had we all disagreed, hopefully he would’ve seen a different perspective.

I didn’t notice a ‘what would you do?’

Of course, we only know the truth based on what we have been told. Maybe he demanded she stayed in, instructing her to eat the food he had bought whether she likes it or not, and she thought ‘stuff this’. But then the OP knows the absolute truth and will hopefully adjust our responses accordingly.

Just waiting for a new thread

“My husband discussed me on the internet with a load of strangers - am I right to feel angry?”
JoJo88 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Nov 19, 09:44 AM  
Link to this Post
MK_club1987
Apprentice Imagineer

Deleted

Edited at 09:46 AM.
MK_club1987 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Nov 19, 09:59 AM  
Link to this Post
JoJo88
VIP Dibber

Just to add to my above post, I believe what the OP wrote in his original post to be the truth, I was simply hypothesising. And my last bit about the new thread was tongue in cheek. To the OP, I noticed your deleted post, (didn’t see what you wrote before it was deleted), hope I didn’t offend you, apologies if I did.

Hope you managed to have a conversation with your wife last night and clear the air.
JoJo88 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Nov 19, 10:57 AM  
Link to this Post
Jakey Neverland
Imagineer

Yes my initial reaction would be super frustrated, yes it was avoidable but we all do silly stuff at times. Hopefully your wife is not on the Dibb!
Old 29 Nov 19, 08:08 PM  
Link to this Post
cybermum
Imagineer

cybermum's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 4
Originally Posted by Omega1 View Post
In response to the question posed (and not any other tangential issue) I too would be annoyed and feel let down, that someone who promised to be at home for a couple hours to take delivery had chosen to go out.
Even I knew, from a previous post, how important this delivery was to the OP.
Agree wholly with this.
Quite staggered at a 13 page thread
cybermum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Nov 19, 08:38 PM  
Link to this Post
YLL
Imagineer

Just reading this thread. To me it screams "being taken for granted" by a selfish wife/husband/partner/friend/whatever, I've been there.

I've stayed home for flatmates to receive a delivery for them, let alone a spouse, so no, this is NOT ok.
YLL is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List