Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 28 Nov 19, 10:00 PM  
Link to this Post
Dougie
Imagineer

Dougie's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Mobile

Originally Posted by Kd0758 View Post
It’s absolutely what the OP is doing. He’s trying to justify being annoyed, he knows people are going to say that he’s right but there are some people (like me in my first reply) who says it wouldn’t bother them.

It’s different to moan about people on a public forum than to do it privately in a pub/work.

I also know that we’ve only heard one side of the story. OP says he does the food shop every week, does his wife get to have any opinion on what she eats? Maybe she was doing something for a surprise? Was the shop two doors down or did she get in the car and drive? It doesn’t state that he actually asked her to stay in either.

If I was annoyed at my husband and I was to vent to someone I’m not going to list out the good things he does because there’s a chance someone might say ‘actually, no, I think YOU’RE being the idiot’. That is exactly why the post is just criticising the wife.
I disagree but Hey, that's what forums are for.
Dougie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Nov 19, 10:42 PM  
Link to this Post
tspill
Imagineer

Originally Posted by JoJo88 View Post
And as I understand it, your views on this post are that the OP is wrong to feel angry. Fair enough. But the majority of responses seem to agree that they too would feel angry. If it was a different situation, and the majority of responses said they thought he was overreacting, he would hopefully see a different perspective.
TBH, I am very glad I am in the minority on this one.
tspill is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Nov 19, 11:23 PM  
Link to this Post
Joshie1
Imagineer

Joshie1's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
“She doesn’t work, I’ve never made her work since DS was born”? ? ? ?

Seriously you need to take a long hard look at how you view your wife. Sounds like there is a lot more going on here than you being upset about a missed delivery.
Joshie1 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Nov 19, 12:00 AM  
Link to this Post
Blue nose
Imagineer

Mobile

Let's stop trying to unpick a relationship we know nothing about.

All we know is someone agreed to be home and went out. That's all we've been asked for an opinion on.

I'm not sure all this outrage would happen if it was a DH that messed up 🤔
Blue nose is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Nov 19, 12:11 AM  
Link to this Post
Joshie1
Imagineer

Joshie1's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by Blue nose View Post
Let's stop trying to unpick a relationship we know nothing about.

All we know is someone agreed to be home and went out. That's all we've been asked for an opinion on.

I'm not sure all this outrage would happen if it was a DH that messed up 🤔
If the OP had just given that information alone I would agree. BUT if my DH wrote on a public forum that he didn’t MAKE me work since our child was born I would be ready to explode. Who the hell does he think he is to write so disrespectfully about his wife and mother of their son. She doesn’t work? So I suppose no one looks after their child while he is being the great husband not making her work!

Edited at 12:21 AM. Reason: Got a bit carried away.
Joshie1 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Nov 19, 02:26 AM  
Link to this Post
EssexSue
VIP Dibber

Mobile

I don't understand all the discussion on here, if I told someone I'd be in for a delivery, and that could be anyone not just my husband, then in I'd stay.
EssexSue is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Nov 19, 02:27 AM  
Link to this Post
Mackenzies03
Serious Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by Joshie1 View Post
If the OP had just given that information alone I would agree. BUT if my DH wrote on a public forum that he didn’t MAKE me work since our child was born I would be ready to explode. Who the hell does he think he is to write so disrespectfully about his wife and mother of their son. She doesn’t work? So I suppose no one looks after their child while he is being the great husband not making her work!
It’s already been raised and discussed with OP throughout the rest of the thread. If you haven’t read it all then do, if you disagree with what he’s said in further explanation then take it up privately because it’s restarting heated discussion that’s already been moved on from (I mean it can be discussed until the cows come home so to speak and people may still be angry at what he’s said but this thread was at a closing point a few pages back)
Old 29 Nov 19, 03:04 AM  
Link to this Post
minnie29
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Joshie1 View Post
Totally agree! And I’ve read the whole thread. I’m awake at this silly hour as my 4 year old has finally nodded off after throwing up the all night! The working husband is asleep (as he should be as he has work). Just one of my ‘key’ rolls as stay at home mum 😂 ... oh, and I’ve also done the same while working full time in the past with the older ones! Only difference is I’d be shouting my DH to come help change the sheets 😂 lol. Being a mum IS a full time job, if you work a 9-5 job as well or if you are full time stay at home mum.. Sometimes you just need to get out the house. The wife might have just been having a bad morning/day and needed to just get out for half an hour. I wouldn’t say she was selfish at all... and I’d be livid if my DH put this on a forum..
I-Drive July 2004. I-Drive Oct/Nov 2006. Southern Dunes May 2010 (married in Florida!). Town Centre June 2011. Southern Dunes August 2012. Hampton Lakes and Carnival Cruise August 2013. Regal Palms 2014. Southern Dunes 2017. Southern Dunes and Hard Rock Hotel May 2018. AKL, POFQ, Wilderness Lodge and Disney Dream2019.
Dopey challenge - All Stars stay January 2020. Cabana Bay Sept 2022
minnie29 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Nov 19, 05:26 AM  
Link to this Post
Blue nose
Imagineer

Mobile

I'm staggered at the remaining outrage. We don't know them. He could be lovely guy, working two jobs to make ends meet, doing it all at home too why she sits in the hair salon most days 😜

The OP, in my opinion, was giving context that the DW was a stay at home mum and had agreed she'd be home at those times.

Their son is at school 9-3 and she said she'd to be home for thai short period to accept his parcel.

I agree with the comment about being a mum is full-time, but so is being a dad. It's not about point scoring who does more or less. He's not said she's a bad mum, a lazy mum or anything else. Her being a mum in this whole thing is irrelevant. It's still only a question of not doing something she said she would.

She said she'd be home and chose to go out.
Blue nose is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Nov 19, 08:31 AM  
Link to this Post
Omega1
Imagineer

In response to the question posed (and not any other tangential issue) I too would be annoyed and feel let down, that someone who promised to be at home for a couple hours to take delivery had chosen to go out.
Even I knew, from a previous post, how important this delivery was to the OP.
Omega1 is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List