Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 5 Jan 20, 03:48 PM  
Link to this Post
jen10
Excited about Disney

hesitant to commit to flights with the Iran situation

Is anyone else having second thoughts about going to Florida this year with everything kicking off in the middle East? Ive got animal kingdom booked for this september, I was planning to book flights this weekend, but am beginning to think I should wait a few weeks and see what chaos Trump is going to unleash?
jen10 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jan 20, 03:54 PM  
Link to this Post
Tinker's Mum
slightly serious Dibber

Personally I would go by the message on your signature - life is for living! Book your flights and make sure you have insurance/
First visit to DLP! Campanile Val De France July 2020
Back to Mickey's Lake Villa! Was 2020, then 2021 & now 2022!
Tinker's Mum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jan 20, 03:56 PM  
Link to this Post
BufordTJustice
Being a bit Goofy

Originally Posted by jen10 View Post
Is anyone else having second thoughts about going to Florida this year with everything kicking off in the middle East? Ive got animal kingdom booked for this september, I was planning to book flights this weekend, but am beginning to think I should wait a few weeks and see what chaos Trump is going to unleash?

God forbid all hell is let loose I should imagine Animal Kingdom is fairly low on the Ayatolla’s hit list. Having returned from Florida 3 days ago I would suggest that dealing with never ending queues, ridiculously incompetent drivers and inescapable junk food are of greater concern to enjoying your break so go ahead and book.
BufordTJustice is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jan 20, 03:58 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by jen10 View Post
Never even crossed my mind.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jan 20, 04:00 PM  
Link to this Post
BucksBugsy
All round good bloke

In my opinion you are far more at risk going out in your car than one an aircraft.

If I was looking to book a holiday in the next 12 months I wouldn't let this change my mind.
Old 5 Jan 20, 04:03 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyCupcake
Imagineer

I would be more concerned if I had a trip to Dubai, Abu Dhabi, Oman etc booked than Florida. We can't stop things like this affecting our plans - the awful events of 9/11, Manchester and London bombings etc haven't prevented us and so it shouldn't.
DisneyCupcake is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jan 20, 04:04 PM  
Link to this Post
tinytots
Imagineer

Sorry Im being dense, how would this affect your Florida holiday. Do you mean incase of attacks? Not yet booked either, so very interested.
Old 5 Jan 20, 04:07 PM  
Link to this Post
chmurf
Imagineer

Originally Posted by BerkshireBugsy View Post
In my opinion you are far more at risk going out in your car than one an aircraft.
this!

and OP, don't even go have a look at how many people die each year falling in their own shower ...

When you start worrying about what could happen, and what ifs ... that's when you stop doing anything and stop living

and, let me share a secret, life has its ways, call it destiny or karma, whatever you try to escape from may result in the same outcome in the end

remember that life, is a terminal illness in itself. Nobody survives it

clock is ticking, make every minute count.
chmurf is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jan 20, 04:12 PM  
Link to this Post
chmurf
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Ambermark View Post
I agree with everything said, its all true and logical and correct, but theres still a large part of my brain which wants a stiff drink before I get on a plane lol.
you have your ways of coping, fair enough

but the lesson here, is that you don't chicken out, despite an irrational fear of flight you can't really do anything about

cheers (even though it's supposed to be Dry January :p )
chmurf is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jan 20, 04:17 PM  
Link to this Post
fredflintstone
Imagineer

fredflintstone's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 1
On the other side of the coin, if people are worried and not flying prices will fall, so would it be better to wait and get a cheaper deal? Noone knows, so its just like any Jan. Do I lock in prices now or hope for a better deal?
fredflintstone is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List