Notices
Food, Wine, Cooking & Eating Discussion on all things food related. Sharing recipes and giving tips and tricks to great food.

Old 7 Jan 20, 11:00 AM  
Link to this Post
skb 123
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile Your Pinch of Nom favourites and tips

Got both Pinch of Nom cookbooks for xmas and have flagged up so many delicious looking recipes to try - I don't know where to start! Would love to hear your favourites, which were or weren't a success, and tips for tweaking any of the recipes.

Thanks.
skb 123 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jan 20, 09:27 AM  
Link to this Post
TheHughesCrew
Imagineer

Mobile

Firstly, I hated the chicken Kiev. Not worth the faff, and I wanted it to taste like proper chicken Kiev... which it didn't!

I've only got the first book, and can't even find it at the moment... but we LOVE the chicken kebab recipe with yoghurt and spices. I cook in a pan though, not on the oven. We like the KFC type chicken with chilli Doritos. There's a chicken dish with mushrooms and creamed cheese, Philadelphia type, which is amazing. A chicken tartiflette which is also a firm favourite. The potato bake with bacon is delicious. We also do their dirty rice, but not sure if it's in the book or website. We do the minced pork one, but without the spices. Can't think what else we love off the too of my head! But it's a great cookbook
TheHughesCrew is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jan 20, 10:15 PM  
Link to this Post
Colette-S
Bon viveur and shopaholic

Colette-S's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
I’ve just made the Pinch of Nom campfire stew tonight, it was really nice. Slimming World ATM so relying on it to see me through
Colette-S is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jan 20, 10:16 PM  
Link to this Post
Colette-S
Bon viveur and shopaholic

Colette-S's Reviews
Originally Posted by TheHughesCrew View Post
Firstly, I hated the chicken Kiev. Not worth the faff, and I wanted it to taste like proper chicken Kiev... which it didn't!

I've only got the first book, and can't even find it at the moment... but we LOVE the chicken kebab recipe with yoghurt and spices. I cook in a pan though, not on the oven. We like the KFC type chicken with chilli Doritos. There's a chicken dish with mushrooms and creamed cheese, Philadelphia type, which is amazing. A chicken tartiflette which is also a firm favourite. The potato bake with bacon is delicious. We also do their dirty rice, but not sure if it's in the book or website. We do the minced pork one, but without the spices. Can't think what else we love off the too of my head! But it's a great cookbook
I also like dirty rice and will probably do it at the weekend. I’m trying thr potato, onion and bacon bake tomorrow
Colette-S is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jan 20, 10:34 PM  
Link to this Post
christybell
Imagineer

I made the Chicken Satay tonight, really tasty... Another tasty dish is Chicken Stir fry. Would like to hear other suggestions too

Oohh...Beef Goulash is another good one. I do find the recipes to be really flavoursome which I like

July 2009 ASM/TI/Hmew'd Suites
August 2010 OKW/Dibb villa
July2011 OKW/RPR/Cocoa Beach/Dibb Villa
July 2012 RPR/Carnival Destiny/Dibb Villa
July 2013 OKW/Anna Maria Island/Dibb Villa
Nov 2013 Sunset Lakes- my 40th Birthday
April 2014 Cruise and Villa
April 2015 Clearwater/RPR/Dibb Villa
Dec 2015 Dibb Villa to see the Xmas lights
July 2016 RPR/Cruise/Dibb villa
christybell is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jan 20, 10:47 PM  
Link to this Post
Mexy02
VIP Dibber

Mexy02's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Diet Coke chicken is 😋😋😋
Yacht club / Bahama bay oct/Nov 2019 , poly
Nov 2022 boulder ridge, Polynesian , AOA and Bahama bay
Sept 24 POFQ
Mexy02 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jan 20, 11:11 PM  
Link to this Post
tink111
Apprentice Imagineer

tink111's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
I’ve not got the books but use it online for SW friendly lunches. I love the chicken and Sweetcorn calzone and the cheese and onion pasties are great too! Also the BLT pasta salad
tink111 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jan 20, 11:12 PM  
Link to this Post
MrsBC
VIP Dibber

MrsBC's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 11
Restaurant Reviews: 50

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 10
Guidebook Reviews: 1
From book 1 - Hunter's Chicken is lovely, we also like Creamy Garlic Chicken, Beef Goulash and Cajun Dirty Rice.
DCL Magic, DCL Wish
BOOKED - Beach Club Villas Sept '24, Disney Treasure Sept '25
TRIP REPORT INDEX
www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=835984
MrsBC is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jan 20, 11:15 PM  
Link to this Post
LLamb
Imagineer

Mobile

From book 1, we really like the fajita pie. Actually just got my book out to try some more new recipes.
LLamb is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jan 20, 11:25 PM  
Link to this Post
Aliloo
Getting Excited

Mobile

Book 2... chicken dopiaza but don’t bother with the cuminpotatoes! The lemon and pepper chicken was amazing too
Aliloo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List