Notices
Food, Wine, Cooking & Eating Discussion on all things food related. Sharing recipes and giving tips and tricks to great food.

Old 8 Jan 20, 08:37 PM  
Link to this Post
hrbrar
Very Serious Dibber

Home cooked meals

I’m fed up with our usual selection of evening meals. What do you all cook each night? Looking for some inspiration!

1995 Days Inn MG West 1997 Villa Kissimmee 1998 EconoLodge 1999 Cypress Pointe 2000 Hampton Inn 2001 Indian Point 2007 Indian Ridge 2008 Highland Reserve 2010 Florida Pines 2012 Calabay Parc 2013 Dibb Villa Sunridge Woods 2014 Dibb Villa Sunset Lakes 2015 Sunset Lakes 2016 Windsor Palms 2018 Clear Creek 2019 Dibb Villa High Grove
hrbrar is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jan 20, 08:40 PM  
Link to this Post
sam7
Imagineer

Really hoping for some new ideas but here are some of my meals. We have been doing meat free Monday - has mainly been bought vegetarian dishes, but trying to cook my own, Monday was lentil and mushroom hotpot, Tue sausage and mash, today was chicken casserole. No idea what to do for tomorrow or Friday
sam7 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jan 20, 08:56 PM  
Link to this Post
Floridaagogo
Imagineer

Chicken chow mein,spaghetti Bolognese,lasagne,chicken fajitas ,chicken and vegetable noodle stir fry with homemade sauce,chicken with pasta,pine nuts,cherry tomatoes and a blue cheese sauce
Floridaagogo is online now Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jan 20, 09:03 PM  
Link to this Post
marypoppins38
Imagineer

Chilli
chicken fried rice
pulled pork
chicken kebabs
goan fish curry
chicken curry
steak pie, roasties and veg
chicken, mushroom and leek pie
homemade burgers with stuffed sweet potatoes
homemade pizza
steak with fries, salad and pepper sauce
chicken and bacon salad
spicy chicken and orzo
lemon chicken
chicken chasseur
meatballs and pasta
pork with sesame and lemon
lamb casserole
tandoori lamb chops with mango salad

Lots of the recipes are from Pinch of Nom website. I cook everything from scratch, even pizza bases and pastry for the pies. I use my slow cooker a lot too. None of the recipes are hard to do.
marypoppins38 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jan 20, 09:58 PM  
Link to this Post
hrbrar
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by marypoppins38 View Post
Chilli
chicken fried rice
pulled pork
chicken kebabs
goan fish curry
chicken curry
steak pie, roasties and veg
chicken, mushroom and leek pie
homemade burgers with stuffed sweet potatoes
homemade pizza
steak with fries, salad and pepper sauce
chicken and bacon salad
spicy chicken and orzo
lemon chicken
chicken chasseur
meatballs and pasta
pork with sesame and lemon
lamb casserole
tandoori lamb chops with mango salad

Lots of the recipes are from Pinch of Nom website. I cook everything from scratch, even pizza bases and pastry for the pies. I use my slow cooker a lot too. None of the recipes are hard to do.
Wow! That’s a good long list. Thank you.

1995 Days Inn MG West 1997 Villa Kissimmee 1998 EconoLodge 1999 Cypress Pointe 2000 Hampton Inn 2001 Indian Point 2007 Indian Ridge 2008 Highland Reserve 2010 Florida Pines 2012 Calabay Parc 2013 Dibb Villa Sunridge Woods 2014 Dibb Villa Sunset Lakes 2015 Sunset Lakes 2016 Windsor Palms 2018 Clear Creek 2019 Dibb Villa High Grove

Edited at 10:43 PM.
hrbrar is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jan 20, 10:21 PM  
Link to this Post
disney1st timer
Imagineer

Mobile

SW Keema Curry
Beef burgers in buns, coleslaw and homemade chips
Chinese curry (using mayflower sauce)
Spaghetti and meatballs
Chicken with veg and noodles and stir fry sauce
SW Campfire stew
SW Diet Coke chicken
Aldi yellowfin sole with homemade chips and mushy peas
Jacket potatoes with cheese and beans
Chicken fried rice

Can you tell I’m on slimming world 😂
disney1st timer is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jan 20, 10:29 PM  
Link to this Post
disney1st timer
Imagineer

Mobile

Ooh the Enchilada Lasagne is also very very good!
2018 - Villa in Davenport
2022 - Blue Tree Resort
disney1st timer is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jan 20, 10:41 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyF1rstT1me
slightly serious Dibber

Originally Posted by disney1st timer View Post
Ooh the Enchilada Lasagne is also very very good!
I thought you were me for a second when I saw your user name

Like some other posters here we've also been using the Pinch of Nom cookbook as we're trying to eat healthily - loved their campfire stew, diet coke chicken, pesto pasta and bbq chicken recipes so far.

I've also had some great recipes from skinnykitchensecrets.com (.co.uk?). I really enjoyed her pulled chicken, chicken pathia, "fakeaway" KFC, baked eggs with chickpea and chorizo recipes, lasagne with leek sheets instead of pasta, gnocchi bolognese and buffalo wings soup as well as others I've probably forgotten.

DH and I have decided to try and get a list of 30 healthy, tasty meals together so we can have a different meal every day of the month. I'll be keeping an eye on this thread for suggestions.
DisneyF1rstT1me is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jan 20, 10:45 PM  
Link to this Post
archibald
Imagineer

I had this crisis a few years ago and asked everyone what they ate in the previous week. Rather disappointingly it turned out that I already cooked most of the things that most people ate most of the time, although it did add a few new ones in to the mix.

My favourite new staple is really fast freezer food. When you have leftover pulled pork (I always do a whole shoulder) freeze it, then defrost in the microwave and add it to a can of baked beans and a can of taco beans. Can be ready in as much time as it takes to cook the rice.
archibald is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jan 20, 11:09 PM  
Link to this Post
Alwaysdisley
VIP Dibber

Mobile

May not help but we order some ‘simply cook’ packs when we get a bit bored of the norm, really easy to use and end up with slightly different, tasty dinners.
Alwaysdisley is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List