Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 10 Feb 20, 05:22 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyCupcake
Imagineer

Who makes John Lewis washing machines

My John Lewis washing machine has died spectacularly this afternoon and I will need to buy a new one as it is so old it isn't worth repairing. If I am correct I think John Lewis machines were made by Electrolux does anyone know if this is still the case. I do not want to buy anything that comes under the Hotpoint set of brands because of their reputation.

In the meanwhile the local river and clean rocks call
DisneyCupcake is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Feb 20, 05:26 PM  
Link to this Post
novocastrian
Imagineer

google the model number

will give you a hit to the actual manufacturer
novocastrian is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Feb 20, 05:30 PM  
Link to this Post
Gill H
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 86
Guidebook Reviews: 24
Mobile

Don’t think JL brand machines exist any more. We just bought a Samsung Ecobubble from them (after Dibb recommendations) and it seems great so far.
Other parks: Tokyo
Gill H is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Feb 20, 05:32 PM  
Link to this Post
novocastrian
Imagineer

via the google, dont take as gospel obviously

John Lewis washing machines are actually built by the Electrolux Group. They are high quality machines - built in the same factories as Electrolux, AEG and Zanussi.
novocastrian is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Feb 20, 05:34 PM  
Link to this Post
400ixl
Imagineer

Electrolux (AEG, Zanussi etc) mainly I believe, but as they are just white labelled different models could be from different suppliers.
400ixl is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Feb 20, 05:37 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyCupcake
Imagineer

Thanks Gill - will certainly have a look at that one and also see if I can find any DIBB washing machine threads too. I started with JL as my old one has been excellent and I literally have just found these few online

johnlewis/browse/ele.../N-afhZ1yzsz8d

but not had a chance to compare any others yet as it is literally only 30 minutes since the old one died. I am sure there are a lot more things to consider now for instance my old one was 1600rpm but I have noticed that there are many more 1400 rpm ones now so wondered if they were more efficient. That's before water use, heating efficiency, energy use...…….…….
DisneyCupcake is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Feb 20, 05:39 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyCupcake
Imagineer

Thanks novocastrian and 400 ixl before this JL one died my previous 1 was a second hand Zanussi one.

Looks like I may need a new laptop too GRRRRR

Edited at 05:41 PM.
Old 10 Feb 20, 05:41 PM  
Link to this Post
Pumpkin Pie
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Gill H View Post
Don’t think JL brand machines exist any more. We just bought a Samsung Ecobubble from them (after Dibb recommendations) and it seems great so far.
Just had a quick look on their site as they still have several on offer.

We had one for quite a few years then gave it to my son for his flat. We bought a Bosch which lasted just over two years and had to buy another new washing machine - meanwhile my sons JL machine is still going strong. It’s so old I can’t remember when it was bought - great machine.
Pumpkin Pie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Feb 20, 05:53 PM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
This article is 7 months old but is worth a read. From the Telegraph and a review of 8 machines.

telegraph/interior...hing-machines/

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976
Mr Tom Morrow is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Feb 20, 10:16 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyCupcake
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Mr Tom Morrow View Post
This article is 7 months old but is worth a read. From the Telegraph and a review of 8 machines.

telegraph/interior...hing-machines/
Thanks Mr T - thanks for sending that link. I missed one of those mentioned in the article on the JL page and have already ordered the 9kg one - it would have saved £100 going for the smaller one but the larger drum will come in handy. Have decided to stick with original choice and it is coming Friday.

It is reassuring that JL have 2 listed in the article.

Edited at 10:26 PM.