Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 13 Feb 20, 02:16 PM  
Link to this Post
Simba and nala
Trying for More Ears

Manchester Dibbers

Has anyone visited hickory’s in Poyton?
The menu is very American and looks so good, we are heading there this weekend
Simba and nala is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Feb 20, 02:25 PM  
Link to this Post
ChoppyGirl
VIP Dibber

I haven't been to that branch but there is one in Worcester where I live. We like it and have been a few times since it opened.
2014 Saratoga Springs Resort
2017 Animal Kingdom Lodge
2019 Highlands Reserve/Grand Plaza/Boardwalk Villa
2023 Vero Beach/Portofino Bay/Coronado Springs Club level

2024 Wilderness Lodge/Grand Floridian
2025 Disneyland Hotel DLP
ChoppyGirl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Feb 20, 02:45 PM  
Link to this Post
sam_b
Imagineer

I’ve been to the one near Crewe - tbh it underwhelms me ... always sounds better than it is, so I hope manchester one is better.
sam_b is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Feb 20, 02:47 PM  
Link to this Post
Nicki G
Imagineer

Nicki G's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Restaurant Reviews: 7
Work colleague went a couple of weeks ago and said it was alright but they've had better. Also said if you sit near the bar its very noisy

Nicki
Nicki G is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Feb 20, 03:47 PM  
Link to this Post
paw
Imagineer

We have one a few hundred yards away. In the 3 or so years it has been open we have been a handful of times. The grandchildren love it because they get free bags of popcorn and for older children there is a cinema room.

As far as the food goes I can take it or leave it and would never actually choose to go by ourselves. As someone else has said it is noisy and each time we have complained to the management about slow service.
paw is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Feb 20, 04:22 PM  
Link to this Post
disneywiseowl
VIP Dibber

disneywiseowl's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Haven’t been to Hickory’s but there’s a new TGIF opened in Ashton under Lyne, just off the M60, which we really like. Good menu/food, drinks etc & the decor is great. If you live in Poynton, it’s about 30min drive.
disneywiseowl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Feb 20, 04:28 PM  
Link to this Post
MariaLynda
VIP Dibber

The TGI's at Cheadle is closer for us in that neck of the woods Love TGI's but the prices have gone up recently and last time we went, definitely felt you got less too... so bit of a double wammy increase.

Ridgewood Lakes Oct 1999 : Westridge May 2001 : Florida Pines Jan 2003 : Crescent Lakes May '05 : Sandy Ridge May '09 : Sandy Ridge Sept/Oct '10 : Tuscan Ridge April/May '12 : Emerald Island Nov '14 : Windsor Palms May '16 : Emerald Island April/May '18
MariaLynda is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Feb 20, 05:34 PM  
Link to this Post
dot
Apprentice Imagineer

yes we have been a few times, I would say it is better than tgi at cheadle, the platter to share is good, the drinks are nice but a bit £ we had the grape soda, they have a special on each night. the corndog bites are good as it the smaller ribs ( not the huge ribs as they are dry rub) wings are good too. Car park is huge as it is an old pub by the looks of it. It does get busy so last 2 times we went after lunch before dinner. the music they play did remind me of usa . Free popcorn when you sit down.
dot is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Feb 20, 05:37 PM  
Link to this Post
EmmaBolan
Apprentice Imagineer

Not been to that particular one but we really like the Chester one, never had a bad meal there!
EmmaBolan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Feb 20, 08:46 PM  
Link to this Post
Goosey-Lucy
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by ChoppyGirl View Post
I haven't been to that branch but there is one in Worcester where I live. We like it and have been a few times since it opened.
Another vote for the Worcester one, my husband loves it there and they do good starters!
Goosey-Lucy is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List