Notices
ADR's, Dining, Food and Restaurants Anything and Everything to do with Eating.

Old 23 Feb 20, 12:23 PM  
Link to this Post
Leia77
VIP Dibber

Leia77's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
QS Plan-Can’t get kids meals if classed as “adult”?

I know this has been touched upon in another thread, but was wondering if anyone had more info on this.

It seems that if your child is classed as an adult, and therefore has adult QS credits, they are unable to choose a meal from the kids menu unless you pay OOP. If this is correct, how crazy is this . It’s galling enough to be told my 11 year old is an adult but to have to pay OOP for cheaper priced meals when on the dining plan is a bit much. We’ve upgraded to DDP as usual, and I believe TS meals will be fine.

I guess my question is, does anyone know if this is the policy now? Or is it the usual confusion at the tills when rules change (the differentiation between adult & kids QS credits). Thanks
Leia77 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Feb 20, 12:37 PM  
Link to this Post

I don’t think that is the case, I think that it is almost (but not quite the opposite). Previously a child QS credit could be used for an adult meal as there was no differentiation, the policy change is that now a child credit must be used for a child meal.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Feb 20, 12:44 PM  
Link to this Post
jocesk
slightly serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Leia77 View Post
I know this has been touched upon in another thread, but was wondering if anyone had more info on this.

It seems that if your child is classed as an adult, and therefore has adult QS credits, they are unable to choose a meal from the kids menu unless you pay OOP. If this is correct, how crazy is this . It’s galling enough to be told my 11 year old is an adult but to have to pay OOP for cheaper priced meals when on the dining plan is a bit much. We’ve upgraded to DDP as usual, and I believe TS meals will be fine.

I guess my question is, does anyone know if this is the policy now? Or is it the usual confusion at the tills when rules change (the differentiation between adult & kids QS credits). Thanks
You can no longer use an adult credit to pay for a childs meal.

Infact a few members have tested it out and have been refused so they had to pay oop. Theres a recent trip report where this happens numerous times.
jocesk is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Feb 20, 12:45 PM  
Link to this Post
jocesk
slightly serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Claudette View Post
I don’t think that is the case, I think that it is almost (but not quite the opposite). Previously a child QS credit could be used for an adult meal as there was no differentiation, the policy change is that now a child credit must be used for a child meal.
Definitely can no longer use an adult credit for a childs meal unfortunately
jocesk is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Feb 20, 12:46 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by jocesk View Post
Definitely can no longer use an adult credit for a childs meal unfortunately
Well that is ridiculous then, I agree is that OP.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Feb 20, 12:47 PM  
Link to this Post
Lostbrain
Imagineer

Mobile

That's crazy!
Lostbrain is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Feb 20, 12:49 PM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 1
I suspect this is to do with some sort of upgrade to their system that now differentiates between child and adult credits. I would imagine they are unable to process a child’s meal for an adult credit. That said, a couple of people have reported that some places have managed to change it to an adults version of a child’s meal and use the adult credit to pay.

Trip Report Index
sha9 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Feb 20, 01:56 PM  
Link to this Post
Mermazing
Earning More Ears

Mobile

I agree, the whole system is ridiculous. We have a 14 year old and a 6 year old so one on each side of the policy. Fortunately for us, when our 14 year old fancies a kids meal we can use up some of my sons kids credits and therefore free up some adult credits for if he doesn’t like anything on the (very limited) kids menus. I would not be happy if I had to pay OOP for a kids meal that I have paid for in the dining plan!
Mermazing is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Feb 20, 02:46 PM  
Link to this Post
Pjamas
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

I nearly rang Disney and upgraded my DS - I’m so glad I didn’t do this as although it would be nice for him to access the full menus he uses the kids menus mostly and not being able to order off the kids menus would have been disastrous.

I really hope Disney change this.
Pjamas is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Feb 20, 03:05 PM  
Link to this Post
natanddaz
Imagineer

Mobile

Wow this seems crazy! If the free dp is released for 2021 bookings i was going to upgrade my 2 under10's to adult tickets but dont think i will now!
natanddaz is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List