Notices
ADR's, Dining, Food and Restaurants Anything and Everything to do with Eating.

Old 18 Aug 19, 01:32 PM  
Link to this Post
cakes and angel
Proud to wear my Ears

Mobile Breakfast in MK - please recommend !

Hi All,

Planned on returning in Oct 2020, but a good deal came up for May 2020 and we had no choice but
to book it !

From the UK so always up early on the first morning. It’s a Sunday & we always tend to head for the
Magic Kingdom on the first day.

I was thinking of booking an ADR for an early breakfast - character would be good but not essential.

Please let me know your
recommendations lovely Dibbers !

We got free QS dining as stopping at POFQ. We did consider DDP as fancied 2 or 3 nice meals but I understand you cannot use a TS credit for a QS meal so it would be too much food for us, plus we would only want a few days (3 out of a 7 day holiday). Does that make sense ?

So happy to be in countdown to Disney again 🙃😎
2023: MNSSHP
cakes and angel is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Aug 19, 01:44 PM  
Link to this Post

The character meals all require TS credits so you would have to pay out of pocket for that. We don't have a dining plan next month and simply cannot justify the cost of character dining OOP, it really is very expensive for what it is.

A pre park opening Be Our Guest breakfast reservation might be your best bet, it gets you to Fantasyland and 7DMT early and is QS.

By the way you can use a TS credit for a QS meal, it just isn't good value. But regarding quantity, a QS meal is typically much larger than a TS meal, I would pick TS not QS if I was worried about "too much food". Of course the TS comes with a dessert at lunch and dinner if you want it, bit nobody has ever force fed me one so far.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Aug 19, 01:50 PM  
Link to this Post
Alwaysdisley
VIP Dibber

Mobile

I would upgrade to DDP so you can do some TS, as Claudette said you can use TS for QS if you want to.
We love Crystal Palace, we book breakfast for an hour or so after park opening so we can get the first quiet hour on rides and then relax with breakfast as it gets a little busier.
Alwaysdisley is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Aug 19, 01:58 PM  
Link to this Post
cakes and angel
Proud to wear my Ears

Mobile

It would cost around £250 to upgrade 3 of us. However we ate at Teppan Edo last year and it was over £100 for the meal. So we figured if we upgraded to DDP we could book 3 TS or character meals and it would still be worthwhile money wise - rather than paying for 3 meal OOP. Is that correct ? Are character meals usually 2 TS credits ?

Mmmm considering the upgrade again now...
2023: MNSSHP
cakes and angel is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Aug 19, 02:03 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by cakes and angel View Post
It would cost around £250 to upgrade 3 of us. However we ate at Teppan Edo last year and it was over £100 for the meal. So we figured if we upgraded to DDP we could book 3 TS or character meals and it would still be worthwhile money wise - rather than paying for 3 meal OOP. Is that correct ? Are character meals usually 2 TS credits ?

Mmmm considering the upgrade again now...
A few character meals in a seven day trip might make upgrading sensible, you need to do the maths.

Most character meals are 1TS credit.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Aug 19, 02:09 PM  
Link to this Post
captbnut
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

BOG really surprised me, our food (breakfast and lunch) was excellent.

However, as you say you'll be up early on your first day - don't waste it sitting eating, get round the rides whilst others are still asleep!
captbnut is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Aug 19, 03:52 PM  
Link to this Post
florida_noob
Very Serious Dibber

Crystal Palace or BoG in MK

really enjoyed the Supercalifragilistic breakfast at 1900 Park fare at the GF, only a five min monorail from MK
florida_noob is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Aug 19, 05:21 PM  
Link to this Post
Orlandoguy
Imagineer

Pop over to the contemporary resort, we like the wave for breakfast they do a buffet for a set price which is surprisingly good and they do a a la Carte breakfast menu to
Orlandoguy is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Aug 19, 05:58 PM  
Link to this Post
beegnjasmum
VIP Dibber

Mobile

You could also do chef Mickey's at the contemporary for breakfast. We've been there before for a 7.15am slot and still had time to get to MK for opening.
It does get mixed reviews but as a family we love it.
beegnjasmum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Aug 19, 06:32 PM  
Link to this Post
smoggy123
Apprentice Imagineer

smoggy123's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
We always do Crystal Palace, it's a tradition now!
Old Key West JULY/AUGUST (18 nights, with a Universal hotel thrown in somewhere!) 2015
Old Key West JUNE 2020 (2 WEEKS)
smoggy123 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List