Notices

Old 22 Apr 19, 01:47 PM  
Link to this Post
MinnieMrsA
Imagineer

Getting back on the horse! June 2019 Pre-Trip Report *UPDATE 8.6.19*

Getting back on the horse!

Welcome to the pre-trip report for our June 2019. For those of you who haven’t read any of my previous reports (Index of Indexes here), here we are…

The Cast
I’m Lou/Mrs A (28) and my DH is Dave/Mr A – (36).

We just love Florida – and this will be our second trip this year. Neither of us love the big thrill rides, which is why Disney suits us well. We love so much about Florida – Disney, the weather, shopping, and just the general feel of the place. We are both looking forwards to making a few purchases for our soon to be born niece – she could arrive any day now and we are so excited! It is the first baby in the family for a very long time, and we just can’t wait to meet her. I am affectionately calling her Tinkerbell until she arrives and we know her name.

And last, but certainly not least, Fudge – (11) – our beautiful Sprollie. He is getting on a bit and beginning to show signs of old age – but we love him more than anything and he completes our little family. Whilst we are always sad to be leaving the sunshine state, we are always pleased to get our fur baby back (although he prefers the dog sitter to us, but we won’t go into that!).

For those of you who read my last report, you’ll be pleased to know we are moving along with the DIY – the focus is now on the garden. The first steps of demolishing the conservatory have started, so watch this space for well, more space! This hasn’t been without a setback or two – because when you remove plaster/plasterboard from a wall, this is what you expect to find underneath…

So we lived in a crime scene for a couple of weeks...

Then one builder, one UPVC door fitter, a midi skip and lots of ££££££ later…

Finally, one builders skip and a hot Good Friday spent doing DIY...

This happened...

Ta da! The skip is full so the bricks are staying put until the new one arrives. Being the optimist I am, I’m temporarily calling what is left of the conservatory a veranda, and we’ve been enjoying sitting out on it in the sunshine.

I think we will need this holiday to recover! We have jokingly said the only thing we haven’t found in this house is a dead body yet (or buried treasure -but I know which is more likely!) – my neighbour said we’ll find it when we dig the garden up...and then offered to identify the body! Let’s all hope it doesn’t come to that – but nothing about this house surprises me anymore. So, onto…

The Plans
This is our sixth trip together – and something is different this time! We were not especially impressed with POFQ during our last trip, and in all honesty came home feeling deflated (the weather was also rubbish, and my credit card got cloned and cancelled - every single reservation we had was on that card too). We really do love Florida and Disney, so decided there is only one thing we can do – get back on the horse and go back as soon as possible!

One thing we did love about our last trip was flying PE – so we are doing that again. Flying MAN-MCO on VS75 on Saturday 15th June (staying at our usual Premier Inn at Runger Lane North the night before and parking in the new T2 multi storey car park), and then we are staying at All Star Sports for 2 weeks. A value hotel I hear you cry?! Well – it was an absolute bargain compared to the others! I also am a big fan of the vlogger Brogan Tate – she stayed there last year with her boyfriend Benji and honestly – it looked absolutely fine and more than adequate for what we need and want. Which is of course – a 60 day FP+ window! I got our FP+ sorted in just 22 minutes – I feel I have it down to a fine art now. Lots of FP+ for Slinky Dog, Big Thunder Mountain and Figment – we know what we like! We did price up staying off site too, but by the time I had added on parking and resort fees, it was actually more expensive than All Star Sports.

As we booked this pretty late in the day, we also have no dining plan of any kind. So there will be lots of off site dining – which I am really excited to try. We are also avid fans of L&R Dreaming, and have been watching their vlogs to get lots of off site dining inspiration. We are having a car for the full duration of our holiday, in the hope of getting out and seeing the real Florida a bit more. I think we fancy Celebration, Gatorland and maybe a trip to the beach?!

I am so pleased that in exactly 8 weeks time we will be waking up in Florida and in the most magical place on earth.

As ever, if you see us out there then please stop us and say hi! We love to meet fellow dibbers.

See you real soon!

Edited at 08:21 PM.
MinnieMrsA is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Apr 19, 05:40 PM  
Link to this Post
OB1LukeLucas
VIP Dibber

Mobile

We’ve never stayed in Sports but done Music and Movies. I loved both of those hotels-now I’ve stayed in FQ I appreciate how lovely and compact the resort is with the fabulous food hall, pool etc close to each building. However you shouldn’t have any bus issues this time, at All Sports as they have separate pens for each park which I think is better. The staff were really great at our last stay in Movies too and we got quite a bit of pixie dust sprinkled! Your in a Disney Hotel for the 2nd time this year so all will be good. Look forward to hearing all about it.
OB1LukeLucas is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Apr 19, 05:46 PM  
Link to this Post
MinnieMrsA
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by OB1LukeLucas View Post
We’ve never stayed in Sports but done Music and Movies. I loved both of those hotels-now I’ve stayed in FQ I appreciate how lovely and compact the resort is with the fabulous food hall, pool etc close to each building. However you shouldn’t have any bus issues this time, at All Sports as they have separate pens for each park which I think is better. The staff were really great at our last stay in Movies too and we got quite a bit of pixie dust sprinkled! Your in a Disney Hotel for the 2nd time this year so all will be good. Look forward to hearing all about it.
Yes I had heard this about the bus stops and thought it sounded like a much better idea! And I agree - can't go wrong for the second holiday of the year
MinnieMrsA is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Apr 19, 08:00 AM  
Link to this Post
magickate
Imagineer

Love that you're going back so soon & I'm not at all jealous

Can't wait to hear about your offsite adventures too. With the kids getting older our days of sharing a hotel room are nearly up so they'll be offsite visits for us in the future.

Fudge is so photogenic and glad you're making progress with the DIY project. Hopefully the worst of the mess is over for you x
magickate is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Apr 19, 08:03 AM  
Link to this Post
act1980
VIP Dibber

Looking forward to reading!
Old 23 Apr 19, 05:02 PM  
Link to this Post
MinnieMrsA
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by magickate View Post
Love that you're going back so soon & I'm not at all jealous

Can't wait to hear about your offsite adventures too. With the kids getting older our days of sharing a hotel room are nearly up so they'll be offsite visits for us in the future.

Fudge is so photogenic and glad you're making progress with the DIY project. Hopefully the worst of the mess is over for you x
I hope so - I'm a regular Mrs Hinch so the dust has driven me mad! He really is such a poser - the dog sitting company that I use always has him on their promotional material. Even my hairdresser recognised him on it 😂 x
Old 23 Apr 19, 07:43 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 43
The weather in June should be better for you. I think it sounds like a fab trip. You've got some freedom with not having a dining plan. It means you can change up your plans without worrying about ADRs. I bet you have a brilliant time.

Link to all my completed trip reports
2017: NYC and Orlando. Salzburg. Boston.
2018: Orlando. Berlin.
2019: DLP. Orlando. Washington DC.
2020: DLP.
2021: Jamaica. Rome.
2022: Orlando.
2023: Orlando. Niagara and Toronto.
Goldia is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Apr 19, 07:54 PM  
Link to this Post
MinnieMrsA
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by act1980 View Post
Looking forward to reading!
Thank you!
Old 23 Apr 19, 07:54 PM  
Link to this Post
MinnieMrsA
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Goldia View Post
The weather in June should be better for you. I think it sounds like a fab trip. You've got some freedom with not having a dining plan. It means you can change up your plans without worrying about ADRs. I bet you have a brilliant time.
Yes I thought this too - it was great to have DDP in January when we wanted to be in the warm but looking forward to more flexibility this time!
Old 25 Apr 19, 03:14 PM  
Link to this Post
margyloveswdw
Deck 4, Disney Wonder

margyloveswdw's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Have a fab trip!
margyloveswdw is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List