Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 2 Aug 19, 10:09 PM  
Link to this Post
Jo 77
Excited about Disney

Mobile

My son has only mentioned once about reward money when he told me his friend was getting £50 for a 9, £25 for an 8 and £10 for 5-7

I think it's a nice idea but my son has been predicted a few 8s and 9s and his revision consisted of going to his morning exam, revising for a couple of hours, and then doing his afternoon exam. Whilst I'm sure it was more stressful than he was letting on, he didn't really go to a whole lot of effort!
We'll be in Disney when the results come out. He doesn't want to know them but his school will be emailing him to let him know if he got into 6th form. He's going to open that email so we'll know he got 5 x 6s I think it is and he needs at least an 8 in his chosen a levels. We'll treat him to something anyway as a little celebration but just not sure what
Jo 77 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Aug 19, 10:27 PM  
Link to this Post
georgina
Serious Dibber

georgina's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
I have lost the online code for results 🙈 School can't replace it, but it's somewhere really safe, I have booked a secret Disney trip as her treat
Old 2 Aug 19, 10:35 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

We got around this with our older two by saying we rewarded effort not grades. If we could see they did their best then we gave them cash. To be fair, both worked hard and neither asked for the cash afterwards. They both had £100. Their grades were very different but both put the same amount of effort in. Seems the fairest when one might naturally get higher grades than the other.

The youngest though is doing her first modules now in GCSEs and has started telling us how hard she worked from June last year in the expectation that a serious amount of effort would be seriously rewarded. Will have to wait and see for results day. 😂

Gotta love a tryer!
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Aug 19, 02:16 AM  
Link to this Post
evergreen
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Floridatilly View Post
I was discussing this with my husband earlier. Our daughter has not mentioned anything but then again she knows that she has had a fortune this year with a dance show (costumes were a scary cost!) school trip to Berlin and her prom.
We will definitely do something, maybe a pair of earrings but it won’t be too much. I will do a special meal and get my mum to do a fancy cake 🎂
I paid my older two a far bit, but DD hasn’t mentioned anything but she also knows we spend a lot in her sports, staying in hotels etc prior to games
Old 11 Aug 19, 09:15 PM  
Link to this Post
hilz22
Imagineer

What time is everyone’s school opening on results day? DS doesn’t know what time and it doesn’t say anything on website. Its getting closer and i am a wreck!

'Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do' -just saying
hilz22 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Aug 19, 09:49 PM  
Link to this Post
Hopefulholiday
Very Serious Dibber

Hopefulholiday's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
DD can get hers online from 6 but school is open from 8:30-11, got A Levels this week first for DS so a busy couple of weeks!
June/July 2019: New York, Riu Plaza & Orlando, villa Sunset Lakes, HRH
Hopefulholiday is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Aug 19, 09:53 PM  
Link to this Post
darbs
Imagineer

Mobile

I think DS school is open 9-11 x
darbs is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Aug 19, 10:12 PM  
Link to this Post
Jo 77
Excited about Disney

Mobile

My son's school is open from 9 am but we're getting the results emailed which will probably not be until lunchtime so hopefully when we get up here 😊
Jo 77 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Aug 19, 10:28 PM  
Link to this Post
LOU LOU DISNEY
VIP Dibber

DS school open from 9am to 11am. His school is a grammar so has a sixth form & he has his interview the next day at 10.50 to confirm A levels! I have to be with him at the interview fingers crossed for you all going through this!

Edited at 10:29 PM.
LOU LOU DISNEY is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Aug 19, 11:00 PM  
Link to this Post
Jo 77
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Originally Posted by LOU LOU DISNEY View Post
DS school open from 9am to 11am. His school is a grammar so has a sixth form & he has his interview the next day at 10.50 to confirm A levels! I have to be with him at the interview fingers crossed for you all going through this!
My son's grammar has a 6th form too. You accept your place the same day but as we're away, his teacher is going to do it for him. He's going to email to confirm his place which means he's got the grades he needs. DS isn't going to open the actual results email though until we're back