Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 19 Aug 19, 04:04 PM  
Link to this Post
Iluvholidays
Proud to wear my Ears

Mobile Companion voucher help BA

Please can you help, I have left a little on my card to spend before they issue a voucher as I believe I have to fly out within 12 months of the voucher issue date?

I will also be on holiday when the going out journey is released do I book this on line then when the return is released phone and add that on?

I’m a little confused and slightly nervous this is not going to go smoothly as I need to spend on the card be issued the voucher and use it on holiday within a week.
Iluvholidays is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Aug 19, 04:18 PM  
Link to this Post

I recently saw a post in which somebody was thinking of that approach. I have never tried it myself, I wait until out and return is both available and book in one step.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Aug 19, 04:23 PM  
Link to this Post
Leyfy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Claudette View Post
I recently saw a post in which somebody was thinking of that approach. I have never tried it myself, I wait until out and return is both available and book in one step.
Yes, that was me! I'm glad I did as all the outbound seats on the date I wanted have gone now!

Will let you know how the return booking goes ...
Leyfy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Aug 19, 04:28 PM  
Link to this Post
bernard301
slightly serious Dibber

to book the 2 one way redemptions you have to phone up and book the outbound, you can't do it online
bernard301 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Aug 19, 04:33 PM  
Link to this Post
munmun
Imagineer

Simply book the outbound on line and when the return becomes available phone and add it to the outbound. The booking reference will remain the same.

Please take no notice of those who claim it cannot be done this way, I do it this way on most redemptions and I do two companion voucherredemptions a year.
munmun is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Aug 19, 04:43 PM  
Link to this Post
Iluvholidays
Proud to wear my Ears

Mobile

Thank you, hope you manage the return too please let us know.
Can I book the one way out on line or do I need to phone? I will be in Florida so hoping I can do it on line then when I get home book my return, as it’s for the holidays I’m guessing it’s going to be busy:/
Iluvholidays is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Aug 19, 04:49 PM  
Link to this Post
munmun
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Iluvholidays View Post
Thank you, hope you manage the return too please let us know.
Can I book the one way out on line or do I need to phone? I will be in Florida so hoping I can do it on line then when I get home book my return, as it’s for the holidays I’m guessing it’s going to be busy:/
On line
munmun is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Aug 19, 04:59 PM  
Link to this Post
Reunion
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
Originally Posted by munmun View Post
Simply book the outbound on line and when the return becomes available phone and add it to the outbound. The booking reference will remain the same.

Please take no notice of those who claim it cannot be done this way, I do it this way on most redemptions and I do two companion voucherredemptions a year.
Agreed - we use one of ours this way too. It does work!
Reunion is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Aug 19, 06:22 PM  
Link to this Post
Peko
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Iluvholidays View Post
Please can you help, I have left a little on my card to spend before they issue a voucher as I believe I have to fly out within 12 months of the voucher issue date?

I will also be on holiday when the going out journey is released do I book this on line then when the return is released phone and add that on?

I’m a little confused and slightly nervous this is not going to go smoothly as I need to spend on the card be issued the voucher and use it on holiday within a week.
I assume we are talking about the BA Amex. Just to clarify since it isn't mentioned, do you have the standard card (no annual fee, £20K spend needed), or the premium plus card (currently £195 annual fee, £10k spend needed)?

The "book and travel outbound within 12 months" rule applies only to vouchers earned on the standard card. Vouchers earned on the premium plus card are valid for 24 months from date of issue.

As posted above, no problem to book the outbound when seats are released, then add the return when that date is released. If you want to catch it immediately on release each time, you have to be online or on the phone at midnight GMT, which means 01:00 BST at this time of year. That is when award seats are released each day.

Hope you get the seats you want.

Edited at 06:26 PM.
Peko is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Aug 19, 06:50 AM  
Link to this Post
tinkerbell2010
Earning More Ears

Mobile

Just to be aware the British office opens at 6am. We have just booked our inbound flights by phone after booking our outbound online. All went smoothly.
Family 2022: HRH, POR, BCV 2022: Sequoia Lodge DLP 2018: BLT, BCV, SSR 2015: NYC, OKW, RPR 2011: Disneyland Hotel, DLP 2010: Villa, RPR 2007: Newport Bay Hotel, DLP 2003: Hotel New York, DLP 2002: Davy Crockett Ranch, DLP 1984: WDW
tinkerbell2010 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List