Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 7 Nov 19, 06:05 PM  
Link to this Post
olgaandcoda
Imagineer

olgaandcoda's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Mobile

Originally Posted by Ladleboy View Post
I blame the OP for this update...

Driving home the other day and the clutch went on my trusty Focus. Would have cost four times what the car is worth to fix so reluctantly sold it to a motor trader who came and collected it with a Subaru impreza and an "a" frame. I won't lie I shed a little tear as my baby was dragged around the corner and disappeared...
Sorry to hear this, but you put the mockers on it! I can recommend a nice Jag!
Old 7 Nov 19, 06:34 PM  
Link to this Post
hvasey
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by LLamb View Post
I’m on my second lease and just ordered my third for next year.
My advice on getting a good deal is you can’t have a particular car in mind. You have to go for the deal not the car.
You also need to do fairly low mileage to make it worthwhile.

I had an A4, current car is a Skoda karoq and the new one is also a karoq. Exactly the same car in fact. The new deal is £1400 (9mts) upfront then £149 pm.
Two years, 8k per year.

I couldn’t buy a new car and change it every two years as cheaply. In fact not sure I could even get a few years old car and it only cost this much.

In the time I have it, it won’t need tyres, mot. Might need a first service, the A4 didn’t. I get breakdown cover and warranty.

Definitely works for me
How big is the boot in a Karoq?
We have an Octavia vrs on lease and the boot is enormous - DD wants to change her Audi A3 now she has a baby - she is coming up to 3 years with it (of 4) in the A3 - and likes the look of a karoq but I imagine the boot isn’t any larger than her Audi?
We are trying to get her to have an octavia, saloon or estate, it just swallows everything and has tons of interior room, but the karoq we test drove was lovely, I just can’t remember the boot size.
hvasey is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Nov 19, 06:41 PM  
Link to this Post
LLamb
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by hvasey View Post
How big is the boot in a Karoq?
We have an Octavia vrs on lease and the boot is enormous - DD wants to change her Audi A3 now she has a baby - she is coming up to 3 years with it (of 4) in the A3 - and likes the look of a karoq but I imagine the boot isn’t any larger than her Audi?
We are trying to get her to have an octavia, saloon or estate, it just swallows everything and has tons of interior room, but the karoq we test drove was lovely, I just can’t remember the boot size.
It’s fairly big, I’ll take a picture when it’s not so dark. I had an A4 before this and that had a massive boot. But I find I can actually get more in the karoq as it’s a hatchback.
It has lots of cool things like cubby holes for bottles and luggage straps. Tray tables in the back, which the kids love.
I can also just about get three car seats across the back.
LLamb is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Nov 19, 07:01 PM  
Link to this Post
hvasey
Imagineer

Mobile

Thanks, I meant to ask about car seats, Grandson is on an isofix base and she regurlarly has Step children of 6 + 4 in car seats too.
hvasey is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Nov 19, 09:02 PM  
Link to this Post
EllieP
Imagineer

Mobile

Sorry to hear about your car trouble. 😉 hope the new car lasts as well.

Originally Posted by Ladleboy View Post
I blame the OP for this update...

Driving home the other day and the clutch went on my trusty Focus. Would have cost four times what the car is worth to fix so reluctantly sold it to a motor trader who came and collected it with a Subaru impreza and an "a" frame. I won't lie I shed a little tear as my baby was dragged around the corner and disappeared...
EllieP is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Nov 19, 12:48 PM  
Link to this Post
LLamb
Imagineer

[QUOTE=hvasey;14163484]Thanks, I meant to ask about car seats, Grandson is on an isofix base and she regurlarly has Step children of 6 + 4 in car seats too.[/QUOTE

Excuse the dirt 😜

Sorry not sure why it’s upside down.

Edited at 12:51 PM.
LLamb is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Nov 19, 03:04 PM  
Link to this Post
ely3857
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Bats View Post
We bought a new car last week - went through CarWow as recommended on here.

Looked at leasing, but the aspect of being locked in, limited mileage and 'fines' for any damage really put us off.

We decided to go for a PCP deal instead - 4 year deal but he said they'll contact us at 3 years as that's when they can generally sell them on at quite a good value - you get a new car, they get to sell your old one for profit. Works for everyone I guess.

Went for a Seat Ateka even though we test drove an Arona. The Arona was an automatic with DSG which makes it a really smooth ride through the gears. Couldn't even feel the gear change - it was amazing. We are used to a bigger car though so opted for the Ateka in the end.
The Ateca is what we’ve just handed back. Hope you like yours more than we did ours. It was a fairly rush order for the Ateca after the previous lease (Toyota Auris Hybrid) was written off. Insurance repaid the lease company for that but we needed another car quickly so having spent months researching before getting the Auris we get the Ateca as it was in stock. It was ok but despite thinking I always wanted that style of car I really didn’t!
Old 8 Nov 19, 03:39 PM  
Link to this Post
lesley1960
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by EllieP View Post
It is a tough one, as honestly there is nothing wrong with our current car and we always look after them, regular servicing etc. The thought of starting again with lease/finance is putting me off as we have got used to no monthly bills for vehicles. Think we will look into it a bit more and then weigh it up. Thank you all.
At the end of the day , it is money down the drain .If your cars are fine then dont get into debt to get a new one .Either save the money to enable you to buy a new to you car when you need to replace the car you have , use the money to pay down your mortgage or invest it for the future
lesley1960 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List