Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 1 May 18, 09:54 AM  
Link to this Post
Donz23
Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by sammykitten View Post
i booked virgin through netflights last weekend (tried online but ended up phoning them to book instead). I have a full classic fare, one hold bag included per person, and i've already selected all my economy seats for free on both my Virgin and Delta flights (my itinerary is a Virgin/Delta codeshare).
Hi Sammy, did you phone to book because it wasn’t clear online exactly what economy fare you were booking?
Donz23 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 May 18, 05:04 PM  
Link to this Post
sammykitten
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Donz23 View Post
Hi Sammy, did you phone to book because it wasn’t clear online exactly what economy fare you were booking?
not really (it wasn't clear if I'd have to pay to select seats on netflights, but the one hold bag per person per flight was clear enough to me). I ended up phoning to book because my flight prices were changing as I was booking online and I didn't want to waste my time trying to do it over again online, so I phoned a netflights agent and got them to do it for me.
I don't really care what "label" Virgin flight I've got, as long as it gives me what I want on a long-haul flight ie hold baggage included.
sammykitten is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 May 18, 09:05 PM  
Link to this Post
Sarah84
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Donz23 View Post
When did you book with netflights? Was it online or over the phone?
Online this Saturday just gone
Sarah84 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 May 18, 09:16 PM  
Link to this Post
Jo 77
Excited about Disney

This whole new virgin flights thing is driving me mad. We need economy delight as we need extra legroom. Disney just state 'economy'. I even tried to price up a holiday with virgin online but they only state 'economy' so I presume it is going to be the classic. Not looking forward to booking our next flights...
Jo 77 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 May 18, 10:30 AM  
Link to this Post
xcited
Excited about Disney

We booked via netflights (online) with 1 checked bag before virgin introduced the new classification. To select our seats was at a cost until the changes came into effect about 2 weeks before we flew and we then selected our seats for free.
Old 2 May 18, 06:56 PM  
Link to this Post
Donz23
Serious Dibber

Well I tried again last night with netflights. Ended up speaking to a great guy in customer services who confirmed that virgin flights booked through their website are Economy classic. He was happy to email me that in writing too.
So booked online saving £200 over going direct with Virgin. Had email confirmation through and just been on manage my booking on the Virgin site which has all our details, Economy classic, and just booked our seats.
Happy days! Got there in the end!
Donz23 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 May 18, 09:37 AM  
Link to this Post
Mark_80
Getting to know the DIBB

Netflights just confirmed to me that all of their Virgin flights come with luggage and seat booking (they do not sell the lowest 'Economy' option for Virgin)
Mark_80 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 May 18, 09:54 AM  
Link to this Post
Adultdisneyfan
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Originally Posted by Jo 77 View Post
This whole new virgin flights thing is driving me mad. We need economy delight as we need extra legroom. Disney just state 'economy'. I even tried to price up a holiday with virgin online but they only state 'economy' so I presume it is going to be the classic. Not looking forward to booking our next flights...
I understand your frustration - I too wanted to book “delight” with VH but the option simply wasn’t there.

However I think the issue is with VH and Disney (unless of course VA are only selling “delight” direct with themselves).

VA have been very clear about their new economy tiers and I quite like it (as someone who always prebooks seats it’s good to know it’s included). Its up to the TAs such as VH, Disney and Netflights to clearly advertise what’s available. We accepted “classic” with VH as we wanted the price locked in. If you need “delight” I suspect you’ll have to wait till 330 days out and book direct with VA or alternatively book through a TA and see if VA will let you pay an upgrade to “delight”.
Adultdisneyfan is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jun 18, 09:41 AM  
Link to this Post
fiffio
Imagineer

I'm having issues, booked last night through skyscanner (wedoflights) booking is a delta codeshare and I only booked it as it said includes 1 piece of hand luggage so assumed it would be economy classic.

Logged into Virgin and its down as economy light, virgin saying to contact who you booked it with and they have confirmed back that it does include a bag as noted on the viewtrip itinerary but it also states basic economy on Delta. So long as it includes a bag I'm happy. Wondering if I can book my seats for £30 as looks like I can through Virgin site.

To add complication to this we'll need to add our baby onto the booking in November when he arrives...

Edited at 10:46 AM.
fiffio is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jun 18, 10:07 AM  
Link to this Post
Shani
Imagineer

Originally Posted by fiffio View Post
I'm having issues, booked last night through skyscanner (wedoflights) booking is a delta codeshare and I only booked it as it said includes 1 piece of hand luggage so assumed it would be economy classic.

Logged into Virgin and its down as economy light, virgin saying to contact who you booked it with and they have confirmed back that it does include a bag as noted on the viewtrip itinerary but it also states basic economy. So long as it includes a bag I'm happy. Wondering if I can book my seats for £30 as looks like I can through Virgin site.

To add complication to this we'll need to add our baby onto the booking in November when he arrives...
That's one piece of hand luggage - not hold luggage. Unless it was a typo? If it's hand luggage only, it won't have seat selection and you'll have to pay extra to check in a case.
2022 - Margaritaville & RPR --- 2023 - Villa & RPR & Surfside
Shani is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List