Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 26 Sep 19, 10:10 PM  
Link to this Post
Lily8
Very Serious Dibber

Just read this and thought of this thread...
bbc/news/business-49836599
Lily8 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Sep 19, 05:33 AM  
Link to this Post
Monolith
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Originally Posted by wdw1991 View Post
As the title really, as the days get closer I’m starting to ask myself what we were thinking. We have bulkhead baby position seats with BA. Currently the 3rd seat is empty but I’m sure it’ll get occupied and I’m already worrying about what that person sitting there is going to think as I’m sure my little one is not going to be an angel for 9 hours!
You are a lovely soul for worrying about others on the flight.
Don’t be as worried.

For one thing, that flight is likely to have more babies, toddlers and kids than any other flight leaving the airport because of where you are flying to.

The other side of your coin is that you get a fellow passenger who’ll be happy to be entertained to see a little baby.

You may just have to stop them
Making silly faces at your little one for 9 hours
Monolith is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Sep 19, 06:44 AM  
Link to this Post
joanna23
Imagineer

joanna23's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 2
Mobile

We flew indirect with DS in 2018 when he was 11 months and then in the Summer when he was 23 months. He sat on my lap. Now DS is one of those children who only attracts compliments like - isn’t he busy or how do you have the energy! On the 11 flights he’s done he’s not let me down once. On 3 of those flights he’s sat next to a stranger and it was absolutely fine.
We always let him run crazy in the airports (we did some miles in JFK this year) and then he always chills out. We took the iPad fully loaded and then lots of snacks to eat so he was so full he couldn’t move.
You’ll have a wonderful time!
August 2006 RPR & Rosen Plaza; August 2008 RPR & Regal Sun; August 2009 RPR & Buena Vista Palace; July/August 2010 RPR & SSR; July/August 2011 & 2012 Loews Miami Beach, RPR & SSR; 2013 SSR & RPR: 2014 Rosen Plaza, SSR & RPR; 2015 Renaissance, RPR & SSR;2016 Cabana Bay, SSR & RPR; 2018 CB, Portofino, SSR 2019 St Petes, Renaissance & SSR
joanna23 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Sep 19, 07:41 AM  
Link to this Post
squishy
Imagineer

squishy's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
I took my 2 when my youngest was 11 months old (oldest was 5) - people asked me why I was taking them when so young and I had personal reasons, plus I wanted to! And didn’t regret it for a minute, I have beautiful memories of that trip although neither of my children remember it (oldest does a little). That said, this was back in 2012, when 3x direct flights, 2 weeks villa and car hire cost me just over £2k!

The outbound flight was a challenge - we were offered a sky cot, but she wouldn’t lie in it. She didn’t sleep the entire time (until we landed, when she conked out on me and I carried her, sleeping, through immigration to baggage collection! Some nice man put me through the ‘visiting dignitaries’ queue!) but kept her busy with some toys, food/snacks, I tried tv but she didn’t like the headphones; she liked holding my hands and toddling around the plane, so that’s what we did.

I have to say, it really wasn’t an enjoyable flight for me, but it was fine. I’d rented a full size cot bed while we were there and she slept brilliantly in that. I was apprehensive for the journey back, got to check in early and asked if they had any spare seats (this was before everyone paid for their seats!), they put me next to an empty one, I laid out a little and she slept on me for almost all the journey.

I remember a slightly older couple in front of us who kept giving me very snitty looks about taking children on a plane, but I happily ignored them!
DLP DCR - 2009

Edited at 07:46 AM.
squishy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Sep 19, 09:07 AM  
Link to this Post
wdw1991
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by squishy View Post
I took my 2 when my youngest was 11 months old (oldest was 5) - people asked me why I was taking them when so young and I had personal reasons, plus I wanted to! And didn’t regret it for a minute, I have beautiful memories of that trip although neither of my children remember it (oldest does a little). That said, this was back in 2012, when 3x direct flights, 2 weeks villa and car hire cost me just over £2k!

The outbound flight was a challenge - we were offered a sky cot, but she wouldn’t lie in it. She didn’t sleep the entire time (until we landed, when she conked out on me and I carried her, sleeping, through immigration to baggage collection! Some nice man put me through the ‘visiting dignitaries’ queue!) but kept her busy with some toys, food/snacks, I tried tv but she didn’t like the headphones; she liked holding my hands and toddling around the plane, so that’s what we did.

I have to say, it really wasn’t an enjoyable flight for me, but it was fine. I’d rented a full size cot bed while we were there and she slept brilliantly in that. I was apprehensive for the journey back, got to check in early and asked if they had any spare seats (this was before everyone paid for their seats!), they put me next to an empty one, I laid out a little and she slept on me for almost all the journey.

I remember a slightly older couple in front of us who kept giving me very snitty looks about taking children on a plane, but I happily ignored them!
We have the baby seat for older babies with BA about who knows if she’ll sit in it! We aren’t paying for accommodation when we get there as we are staying in a family members property! I know she won’t remember it but we will have great memories with her!
wdw1991 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Sep 19, 09:33 AM  
Link to this Post
Tomsk
Excited about Disney

We took our Daughter at just over a year old.

1. Take Toys - Lots of them (we filled a trunky up with lots to do colouring etc)
2. Be prepared to walk the loop of the plane a million times
3. You're flying to Orlando... its Disney World most of the people on the plane are heading too so don't worry about the empty seat and other peoples opinions. Its only 9 hours at the end of the day, just remember what your heading too if it gets hard

Hope you have an awesome time!

Tom
Disneyland Paris &Carribean Beach 2015
Tomsk is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Sep 19, 01:19 PM  
Link to this Post
wdw1991
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Tomsk View Post
We took our Daughter at just over a year old.

1. Take Toys - Lots of them (we filled a trunky up with lots to do colouring etc)
2. Be prepared to walk the loop of the plane a million times
3. You're flying to Orlando... its Disney World most of the people on the plane are heading too so don't worry about the empty seat and other peoples opinions. Its only 9 hours at the end of the day, just remember what your heading too if it gets hard

Hope you have an awesome time!

Tom
Thank you! Yes we’ve lots of toys and a couple of books!
wdw1991 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Sep 19, 04:29 PM  
Link to this Post
stanleycamel
VIP Dibber

stanleycamel's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by wdw1991 View Post
Thank you! Yes we’ve lots of toys and a couple of books!
wdw1991 - Just tried to send PM but your message box is full - might need a clear out
stanleycamel is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Sep 19, 06:11 PM  
Link to this Post
wdw1991
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by stanleycamel View Post
wdw1991 - Just tried to send PM but your message box is full - might need a clear out
Have cleared it now 😊
Old 27 Sep 19, 07:48 PM  
Link to this Post
Licoricelover
Excited about Disney

Daughter took 9 month twins last year. They were really easy. Lots of walking round plane but they were far better behaved than some children that were a lot older. People commented on how good they were.
This year age 20 months we had seats for them and took small toys books and lots of stickers. They were really good on the plane but had far too much energy in the queue for immigration. Luckily it only took 40 minutes. Any longer I think we could have throttled them.
Licoricelover is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List