Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 22 Oct 19, 09:35 PM  
Link to this Post
mickey house
Imagineer

Iphone wireless chargers?

I'm looking to upgrade me and the wife's iphones from 6S to XR. We want to get wireless chargers as that appeals to us, but there is a big price difference between wireless chargers. We want ones that are reliable and work well, but of course don't want to spend more than we need to.

Any advice appreciated?
mickey house is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Oct 19, 07:50 AM  
Link to this Post
Fenland girl
Very Serious Dibber

Fenland girl's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Mobile

I have an iPhone X and have two wireless chargers (one at home and one at work) made by ESR - bought off of a well known on line retailer. Both are used a lot and work well. I have had them for over a year now and have never had any problems. I went for the ESR ones based on reviews and the fact that they don’t get too hot (cheaper ones tend to get very hot, which can leave marks on your furniture). From recollection, they were about £15 each.
Fenland girl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Oct 19, 07:53 AM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
MH. No idea on the charger but a real thumbs up for the XR. My Wife got one a few Months ago, what a good phone.

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976
Mr Tom Morrow is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Oct 19, 08:08 AM  
Link to this Post
leenkerri
Imagineer

Mobile

I have a mophie wireless charger. Seems to do what it needs to do so far.

Lee: QIP 1990; Fantasy world villas 1992; QIP 1996
Lee & Kerri: QIP 2008; QIP/AKL 2009; POR 2010; QIP/SSR 2011
leenkerri is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Oct 19, 08:18 AM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Amazon have an Anker charger down to £12.74 in their deals today if that helps. I like their products and it has over 1000 ratings.

Mr Tom Morrow is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Oct 19, 08:28 AM  
Link to this Post
mickey house
Imagineer

Thanks guys, I will have a look at ESR ones and the anker on amazon.

Tom, good to hear your wife likes the XR, you might guess what store we're buying ours from (John Lewis) as they give a 2 year warranty and it's cheaper to buy them outright than have them on a contract.
mickey house is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Oct 19, 08:47 AM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by mickey house View Post
Thanks guys, I will have a look at ESR ones and the anker on amazon.

Tom, good to hear your wife likes the XR, you might guess what store we're buying ours from (John Lewis) as they give a 2 year warranty and it's cheaper to buy them outright than have them on a contract.
MH. I researched for Months before buying. I couldn't find any contract with a handset that wasn't really expensive so we bought outright.

I was drawn to John Lewis but Apple gave us £125 for an old iPhone 6 and that was taken off the price in store as opposed to a credit for a future purchase. Hence the Apple shop won.

Old 23 Oct 19, 10:07 AM  
Link to this Post
THOscar
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by Mr Tom Morrow View Post
MH. I researched for Months before buying. I couldn't find any contract with a handset that wasn't really expensive so we bought outright.

I was drawn to John Lewis but Apple gave us £125 for an old iPhone 6 and that was taken off the price in store as opposed to a credit for a future purchase. Hence the Apple shop won.
I was gutted when we went to buy my wife a new phone recently and found Apple had stopped their bonus trade in offer. Still got £60 for a tatty old 6 but not as good as it used to be.
THOscar is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List