Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 23 Oct 19, 05:24 AM  
Link to this Post
charlie_fame
Very Serious Dibber

charlie_fame's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
Mobile Passport name change

Hi lovely dibbers after doing a bit of googling and not really getting an answer I thought you guys might be able to help. I got married 4 years ago and changed my name on my passport to my married name. Pretty much everything else like my bank accounts , mortgage etc I never got round to changing my name and it all stayed in my maiden name. Anyway flash forward to now and my husband has decided to leave me without a reason that would be grounds for divorce currently so we are going to separate and divorce in two years time (as per the current law) so my question is can I change my name back to my maiden name on my passport ? All I can see online is needing the divorce documents to do so ( which I won’t have for a couple of years )
charlie_fame is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Oct 19, 05:40 AM  
Link to this Post

You could change your name back to your maiden name by deed poll. I thought you would have to do this post divorce anyway, well I am sure that is what my friend did.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Oct 19, 05:56 AM  
Link to this Post
Alices Aunt
Imagineer

gov.uk/changing-passport...evious-surname

Here you are. Depending how long you wish to wait there are different routes.

The key things are that you can show you are using your previous name and that you can show linkage between the names you wish to use. You can either wait for your decree absolute or if that’s too long I think you can do a change of name online.

It’s all in the link.
Alices Aunt is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Oct 19, 06:07 AM  
Link to this Post
charlie_fame
Very Serious Dibber

charlie_fame's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
Mobile

Thanks for this guys , I didn’t really want to go down the deed poll route , I don’t know why I just feel like that’s my name from birth and I shouldn’t have to apply to use it ... if that makes sense ? Although I’m probably letting emotions take over there . I did have a look at the passport website , but wasn’t sure what they ment by a statement and where I got the paperwork for that . I can provide my birth certificate and marriage certificate and bills with my maiden name on but it seems you need all the documents listed
charlie_fame is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Oct 19, 06:11 AM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by charlie_fame View Post
Thanks for this guys , I didn’t really want to go down the deed poll route , I don’t know why I just feel like that’s my name from birth and I shouldn’t have to apply to use it ... if that makes sense ? Although I’m probably letting emotions take over there . I did have a look at the passport website , but wasn’t sure what they ment by a statement and where I got the paperwork for that . I can provide my birth certificate and marriage certificate and bills with my maiden name on but it seems you need all the documents listed
I do see where you are coming from emotionally, but I don’t believe it is legally possible prior to divorce unless you change by deed poll, I would just do whatever it takes.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Oct 19, 10:21 AM  
Link to this Post
magickate
Imagineer

You will need a decree absolute or deed poll certificate, I had issues doing mine and they just kept on requesting more and more documents. In the end I had to provide decree absolute, marriage certificate, pay slips, birth certificate & others to show i was using my maiden name again such as an HMRC letter and utility bill. It worked out expensive & stressful!
magickate is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Oct 19, 11:21 AM  
Link to this Post
Orlandobelle
VIP Dibber

Orlandobelle's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 36
Mobile

My absolute did not state my maiden name so I had to go down the deed poll route for my passport.
It was far more difficult to revert to my birth name than it was to adopt my ex husband's name.
Easter 06 Calabay Parc/Vero Beach
Easter 07 Sunset Lakes/RPR Trippy
Hallowe'en 07 Sunset Lakes/HRH ~ Hallowe'en 08 Highlands Reserve & HRH
Xmas 09 - Bella Vida/HRH/Pop Trippy
Jul 2010 Bella Vida & RPR Photos
OKW & Bahama Bay for Christmas 2012
Summer 2015 ~ Cabana Bay & Terre Verde Sept 2016 -- Solo @ Pop / BWV / Sapphire Falls

Orlandobelle is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Oct 19, 04:23 PM  
Link to this Post
Enchanted
Imagineer

Mobile

I had no problems at all going back from married name to maiden name. Apart from passport everyone was just happy to change my name with either my word or showing my birth certificate.
I didn’t change my Passport until this month due to cost and as I’ve just got married again recently it was easy as just sent new Wedding certificate.
Enchanted is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Oct 19, 04:29 PM  
Link to this Post
Orlandobelle
VIP Dibber

Orlandobelle's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 36
Mobile

Originally Posted by Enchanted View Post
I had no problems at all going back from married name to maiden name. Apart from passport everyone was just happy to change my name with either my word or showing my birth certificate.
I didn’t change my Passport until this month due to cost and as I’ve just got married again recently it was easy as just sent new Wedding certificate.
Passport was the only issue I had. Everywhere else was fine - dvla, banks, work...
Easter 06 Calabay Parc/Vero Beach
Easter 07 Sunset Lakes/RPR Trippy
Hallowe'en 07 Sunset Lakes/HRH ~ Hallowe'en 08 Highlands Reserve & HRH
Xmas 09 - Bella Vida/HRH/Pop Trippy
Jul 2010 Bella Vida & RPR Photos
OKW & Bahama Bay for Christmas 2012
Summer 2015 ~ Cabana Bay & Terre Verde Sept 2016 -- Solo @ Pop / BWV / Sapphire Falls

Orlandobelle is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Oct 19, 05:37 PM  
Link to this Post
orangeone123
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

Jumping on this thread, I too want to go back to my maiden name. We are halfway through the divorce proceedings so I’m happy to wait until this is finalised. However I believe I would be better to keep my passport in my married name, so I have the same last name as my sons for when we travel abroad. My plan is to renew my passport in my married name, so that I have it for another 10 years. By then both my sons will have their adult passports. Can I do this ?
orangeone123 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List