Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 8 Oct 18, 04:57 PM  
Link to this Post
sotagals
Imagineer

I recall getting on to go to Sanford on airtours and there were people already seated - from Luton or somewhere - then we went to Prestwick!

Another time we sat ages on the tarmac while they tried to pump on enough fuel to get us there non stop. Don't know what kind of plane it was.

We've also used Teesside to get to Portugal and the South of France in the winter via AMS on Klm.

KLM are keeping the place open.

Edited at 04:58 PM.
sotagals is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Oct 18, 05:36 PM  
Link to this Post
°o°-Hannah-°o°
Imagineer

°o°-Hannah-°o°'s Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 17
Guidebook Reviews: 1
Mobile

I’m sorry but that seems a lot to me. We fly out of Newcastle, 1 stop flydrive a for 3 weeks plus and pay no more than £550 in the summer holidays. We’ve got those prices for the past few summers and it’s currently showing at 597 (too high for my liking still)
Old 8 Oct 18, 08:16 PM  
Link to this Post
Mrs sun
Imagineer

We deffo need more flights from TEESSIDE airport! We are 20 mins away and used to love it!
We are awaiting your trip report! We will try anything that saves us that awful drive back from Manchester after a night flight!
Mrs sun is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Oct 18, 11:19 PM  
Link to this Post
ChrisS
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Mrs sun View Post
We deffo need more flights from TEESSIDE airport! We are 20 mins away and used to love it!
We are awaiting your trip report! We will try anything that saves us that awful drive back from Manchester after a night flight!
Hiya MrsS, at the moment I can't see many [any other?] airlines wanting to fly from Teeside considering the far bigger Ncl struggle too [Easyjet cancelled LGW route March 2015]. Circa 2006 AA pulled out afore their first scheduled flight departed Ncl; they persisted and lured United for two summer seasons, but I wondered how interested they truly were as it became quite a fiasco, United quoting in excess of £3k for economy flights to MCO, utter madness, plus their delays and cancellations left much to be desired and they pulled out in 2016.
Old 8 Oct 18, 11:21 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyPCLI
Very Serious Dibber

I would love to fly from Teesside to Florida! We don’t mind the 2/2.5 hr drive to Manchester but 20/30 mins to Teesside would be better! 😉

I’ve only ever flown twice from teesside which is a joke considering it is our local airport

Edited at 11:22 PM.
DisneyPCLI is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Oct 18, 11:36 PM  
Link to this Post
ChrisS
Imagineer

Originally Posted by DisneyPCLI View Post
I would love to fly from Teesside to Florida! We don’t mind the 2/2.5 hr drive to Manchester but 20/30 mins to Teesside would be better! 😉

I’ve only ever flown twice from teesside which is a joke considering it is our local airport
Hiya PCLI... depending on where you live, have you considered the straight through train from [Ncl] Durham (or the Boro) to Mia (Man Airport)? Obviously it may depend how many bairns are in tow and if you take the kitchen sink We travel light, one cabin sized case and a backpack each, exiting at Heald Green (one stop afore Mia) which involves one change at MCO (Man Oxford St off/on same platform, number 4) to overnight in the PI (150 yard walk from HG station). We find it far better than driving
Old 9 Oct 18, 07:56 AM  
Link to this Post
Sew109
Imagineer

We live in Kent and LGW is 1.5 - 2 hours and LHR 2-3 we used to live 20 minutes from LGW and it was lovely and also easy to get people to pick you up or drop you off never had to pay for parking.

We always go to te airport the night before even if the flight is nit until lunchtime.

Just out of Interest what is the price worth paying for a local flight ? I reckon us getting to LHR as opposed from LGW when we lived close is £50 hotel, £100 parking , £20 cab to term8nal (drop car off the night before) and probably £30 for food. So £200 between 3 of us before we have stepped on the plane.
Sew109 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Oct 18, 08:15 AM  
Link to this Post
mouli1
Imagineer

mouli1's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Mobile

With all the strikes on northern rail atm I wouldn't trust the train. Every weekend this month there have been strikes

[R]
mouli1 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Oct 18, 10:21 AM  
Link to this Post
ChrisS
Imagineer

Originally Posted by mouli1 View Post
With all the strikes on northern rail atm I wouldn't trust the train. Every weekend this month there have been strikes
Hi mouli, the train company into Mia is Transpennine Express, not Northern.
Old 9 Oct 18, 10:34 AM  
Link to this Post
DisneyPCLI
Very Serious Dibber

Hi Chris

We’d get the Boro train - when we have a trip to York and go on the train I get jelous with people going on hols Lol 😉

The main reason we have never got the train is that when we get off the plane at least we are straight in the car and on our way - i don’t want to be hanging round waiting for a train all jet lagged and grumpy
We’ve stayed at heald green before as well but this year we’re at runger

Edited at 10:41 AM.
DisneyPCLI is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List