Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by collybird View Post
Aw I'm glad you booked!

When I noticed dates were available yesterday I have to admit I was tempted as it's the first time we've been to HS and the timings for Star Wars and Fantasmic! haven't clashed.
The dessert party starts at 8.30pm so I suppose it would depend if you were bothered about checking in a bit late. You could technically see both in one night. I think we’ll do Fantasmic a different night though and I’ve cancelled Mama Melrose.

Trip Report Index
sha9 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Sep 19, 11:15 AM  
Link to this Post
collybird
Imagineer

Lisa, you go this month!
collybird is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Sep 19, 08:23 PM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Lisa, you go this month!
I know . A week on Friday .

All packed today! Now starting to have “the dreams”. Dreamt last night I turned up for my waxing a week early and slept in so no shower .

Trip Report Index
sha9 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Sep 19, 09:11 PM  
Link to this Post
collybird
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by sha9 View Post
I know . A week on Friday .

All packed today! Now starting to have “the dreams”. Dreamt last night I turned up for my waxing a week early and slept in so no shower .
I can't work out if a week on Friday or 10 days sounds shorter!
collybird is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Sep 19, 04:50 PM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
I can't work out if a week on Friday or 10 days sounds shorter!
When we get to a certain point we always say “so many weeks on...” as soon as we can. So with this holiday, every Saturday it’s so many weeks on Friday. It always feels closer that way. Of course when you get to this point 10 days definitely feels close!

Trip Report Index
Old 2 Sep 19, 11:49 PM  
Link to this Post
OB1LukeLucas
VIP Dibber

Single digit dance
I’m so excited for your holiday...can’t wait to hear all about Galaxy’s Edge and all the other plans!
OB1LukeLucas is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Sep 19, 06:47 PM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Originally Posted by OB1LukeLucas View Post
Single digit dance
I’m so excited for your holiday...can’t wait to hear all about Galaxy’s Edge and all the other plans!
I’ve just noticed that! Thank you for pointing it out!

Trip Report Index
Old 3 Sep 19, 09:12 PM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Ok, so assuming Dorian gets out of the way and nothing new develops we have 10 days to go. Yes I know my countdown says 8 but it adds on any hours less than 24 and I started it a day early since we’re staying at an airport hotel the night before. Anyway, the plans have been tinkered with and I *think* they are final . Going to use some iPad emojis!

Pre travel Day - wax, nails, house clean and plans to pop to the airport hotel after dinner so Dad doesn’t have to negotiate rush hour and Marie can work until the last minute. 🚗

Travel Day - we’ve decided on breakfast in the room instead of paying for breakfast at the hotel. 🥐 We’ll aim to check in at 9.40am which is 4 hours before hoping to avoid mega economy check in queues. I’ve paid for fast track security for no other reason than it doesn’t cost much and it’s a wee treat! Airport lounge booked from 10.30 so we have time to look in Duty Free etc. 🛍 Flight to Orlando 🛫 ✈️ 🛬. Magical Express to CSR 🚌. Check in 🛎 🏨. We’re going to opt out of housekeeping and to be honest my main concern is 🧻 and maybe towels. Dinner 🍽 at El Mercado de Coronado and collect our refillable mugs 🥤.

Day 1 - AK morning EEMH. 🐅🐘🦍🦒🦓🦏. Managed to get FoP FP . We’ll just chill around AK, maybe have lunch 🥙 at Yak & Yeti. Relaxed afternoon doing whatever we feel like. I did suggest to Marie that for dinner we just get on the next bus and eat there 😱. At least it takes away any decision making!

Day 2 - MK with morning EEMH. We had Be Our Guest 🏰 booked for 8ish prior to the change in hours but I’ve kept it as we’ll enjoy the park until then and have FP booked for after. We collect the car 🚙 so will aim to leave the park around 2ish which would be normal for us anyway.

Day 3 - DHS with morning EEMH meaning 6am 😴. We’ll probably see how it’s been in the preceding days before deciding what time to aim for. We have a droid factory booking for 12ish so will have to last until then! I suspect we’ll be having an afternoon nap 💤.

Day 4 - long lie today and a later start planned at AK 🐾🦖🏔. We did originally think we’d do Yak & Yeti for dinner but instead I’ve booked the Restaurantosaurus Sundaes 🍨 and Gourmet Burgers 🍔 which gets good reviews and will only use a QS credit rather than actual money 💰.

Day 5 - another MK morning with BoG booked a little later at 9am. We may be a bit more relaxed this morning and not worry so much about EEMH.

Day 6 - check in to Dolphin 🐬 day! We have an EMH Epcot morning ⛳️ (no golf ball emoji). The hope is that CSR Bell Services 🛎 will transfer our 🧳. That means we can grab a bus 🚌 to Epcot and walk to the Dolphin 🐬 when we’re done eating our way round the world 🍟🌮🥙🌯🍲🥗🍝🥘. Our original plan was Galaxy’s 🌌 Edge in the evening and we probably still will do that but we now have a dinner 🥩 booked at the Yachtsman 🛥. We may also do Fantasmic! this night.

Day 7 - will be a morning at DHS. How early will depend on how early we think we need to be! We have some FP booked for the morning. We also have Oga’s Cantina 🍹 booked for the evening before the Star Wars Dessert Party 🧁🍮🍩🍧🍰🍪 🍸. I think there’s a good chance we’ll need an afternoon nap 😴!

Day 8 - we’re doing Epcot again before checking out of the Dolphin 🐬. Again hoping for a 🧳 transfer so we can just get the bus back to CSR when we’re done. We have a pre park opening breakfast 🥞 🍳 at Garden Grill and will possibly snack around the world 🍗🧀🥨🥖🍕🍱 again for lunch but this will depend on crowds. When we get back to CSR we’ll need to do a washing so will just relax around the resort.

Day 9 - is a long lie after a busy couple of days. We have another AK evening planned with dinner at Pizzafari 🍕🍝 booked for the family style dining.

Day 10 - Universal planned today, probably US 🎬🎥. Maybe pop to the I-drive outlets for some shopping 🛍.

Day 11 - Islands of Adventure 🎢 probably but since we don’t expect to be too long I booked some FP in AK, mainly because I love FoP so much. This may change depending how we feel.

Day 12 - another late start but this time MK with dinner at Liberty Tree Tavern 🍛 which is a favourite of ours. I am going back and forth on this though and we may cancel in favour of somewhere like Pecos Bill 🌮.

Day 13 - a morning at DHS for some more GE. We now have an early dinner booked at Sharks 🦈 Underwater Grill at SeaWorld. We’ll also try and see some 🐬🐳.

Day 14 - last full day 😭. Morning at MK with lunch 🥗 at BoG. We’ll see where the day takes us but the evening will probably involve packing 🧳. We may end up at DS to spend left over credit on 🍫🍬🍭.

Day 15 - going home day 😰. Morning EEMH at AK and a last go on FoP. 🛫✈️🛬 home 🏠.

In amongst all this will be shopping, pool, Disney Springs and general chilling hopefully!

Trip Report Index

Edited at 09:20 PM.
Old 3 Sep 19, 09:20 PM  
Link to this Post
disneypars
Imagineer

Mobile

Sounds like a great plan. Let's hope the flights return to some form of normality.
Old 3 Sep 19, 09:23 PM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Originally Posted by disneypars View Post
Sounds like a great plan. Let's hope the flights return to some form of normality.
I feel for anyone travelling in the next few days. I don’t think anyone going soon will relax until Thursday! I see from your countdown you’re one of them so fingers crossed for you 🤞🏻.

Trip Report Index