Notices
Beyond the Parks Attractions that are not covered by the main Theme Parks.

Old 28 Jul 19, 08:44 PM  
Link to this Post
RachelM
VIP Dibber

RachelM's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 5

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 5
What we did, no Disney/Universal

We have just returned from 25 nights (21 in a villa in Davenport the 4 nights in a hotel at St Pete beach). We purchased Discovery Cove in teh Blue Friday sale which was £199 each including dolphin swim (and 14 days seaworld, Busch Gardens and Aquatica). Apart from these parks, I though it might be helpful to show other things we have done this time outwith the main parks.

Showcase of citrus - $12 each through Groupon USA

Museum of Military history - $12 per adult and $7 per child (student)

Starflyer - $10 each if purchased online

Icon ticket including Orlando eye, Madam Tussauds and Sealife centre - £18 each – purchased before we went through a UK ticket company (sorry, can’t remember who)

Suhls Rodeo - $25 for 3 adults, $15 one adult – purchased through Travel zoo before going

Lake Louisa - $5 per car entry (swimming was free, you can also kayak, horse ride and walk the trails)

Clearwater Aquarium - $22.90 adult, $21.20 PER CHILD USING Dine4Less card

Helicopter ride – over SeaWorld and Universal $50 per person, booked through viator

Old Town Kissimmee and car show – free

Downtown Kissimmee – free lovely walk around the lake, we went for the 4th July celebration

Tampa Rays Baseball match - $17 each including 20oz bottle coke each

Hugh Jackman show – Amalie Arena (can’t remember cost, but much cheaper than the tickets that were left in the UK)

Disney Springs – free

Florida Zoo - £19.50 adult, £13.75 per child (we then got 20% discount of this as I work in education, needed to show proof of this). Rhino encounter $15 dollars each.

Shopping outlet – free (well can be lol)

Cinema at Posner Park - $10 each for matinee (more expensive in the evening)

Gatorland – Child annual pass $29.99, adult $21 (using annual pass discount) pay at door.
Other discounts include –
30% Off General Admission for up to 6 accompanying guests
50% Off Adventure Hour
20% Off Rookie Wrestlin’ Experience
20% Off In-park Photography Stations
20% Off Gift Shop Purchases (excludes sale items)
10% Off Food & Beverages at Pearl’s Good Eats and Snack Bar
BOGO Birdseed Stick at the Aviary
BOGO Animal Food Cone at the Petting Zoo

We were also supposed to go to the Drive in Cinema but ran our of time. We have done this before and it is $6 per adult and £2 for ages up to 9. Definitely worth a visit.

I hope this helps others. Feel free to ask any questions xx
Old 28 Jul 19, 09:22 PM  
Link to this Post
minnie1981
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

Sounds like a great trip, have you done a highs and lows from this trip as would love to read this😁

HOLIDAY INN 2007
GRANDE VILLAS LBV 2011, 2013, 2016, 2019
WINDSOR HILLS 2018
ROSEN INN POINTE MARCH, OCT 2023
minnie1981 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jul 19, 09:26 PM  
Link to this Post
RachelM
VIP Dibber

RachelM's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by minnie1981 View Post
Sounds like a great trip, have you done a highs and lows from this trip as would love to read this😁
I've not done one, never even occurred to me lol. I have done a food report though. I might do one if I can stop looking for flights for next year
Old 28 Jul 19, 09:27 PM  
Link to this Post
coggie
Imagineer

Mobile

Was the rodeo any good, thanks
coggie is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jul 19, 09:28 PM  
Link to this Post
RachelM
VIP Dibber

RachelM's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by coggie View Post
Was the rodeo any good, thanks
I really enjoyed it, it didn't feel too touristy. There is a bar there that has live music on. I wish I'd known that in advance as I would have loved to have stayed after the show to listen to the music and have a drink.
Old 28 Jul 19, 09:36 PM  
Link to this Post
coggie
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by RachelM View Post
I really enjoyed it, it didn't feel too touristy. There is a bar there that has live music on. I wish I'd known that in advance as I would have loved to have stayed after the show to listen to the music and have a drink.
Thanks, may well try that
coggie is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jul 19, 09:37 PM  
Link to this Post
stevekath
Imagineer

Really interested in what you got up to OP. We aren't being quite so strict as saying no Disney/Universal as we're doing a day at Typhoon Lagoon. Also doing a day at Aquatica as we got a half-price Groupon offer. Other than that we're doing non-park stuff

Lake Louisa
Mount Dora
Disney Springs
City Walk
Lunch at Grand Floridian Garden Cafe followed by a monorail run
4 nights at Treasure Island on the Gulf Coast with a dolphin watch cruise

stevekath is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jul 19, 09:40 PM  
Link to this Post
Vinniecat
Imagineer

Maybe it would be nice if you could post some photos of the places you visited if you have some. I have really enjoyed your food report.
Vinniecat is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jul 19, 09:41 PM  
Link to this Post
RachelM
VIP Dibber

RachelM's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by stevekath View Post
Really interested in what you got up to OP. We aren't being quite so strict as saying no Disney/Universal as we're doing a day at Typhoon Lagoon. Also doing a day at Aquatica as we got a half-price Groupon offer. Other than that we're doing non-park stuff

Lake Louisa
Mount Dora
Disney Springs
City Walk
Lunch at Grand Floridian Garden Cafe followed by a monorail run
4 nights at Treasure Island on the Gulf Coast with a dolphin watch cruise
Sounds like a great trip. We visited Aquatica fora half day. Mount Dora has been on our to do list for a few years but never quite got round to it. I don't think I'll go back to Disney Springs again, its just not for me anymore. Just to make you aware, the water at Louisa Park is very red. I believe its from the tanin form the cypress trees.
Have a great trip.
Old 28 Jul 19, 09:42 PM  
Link to this Post
RachelM
VIP Dibber

RachelM's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by Vinniecat View Post
Maybe it would be nice if you could post some photos of the places you visited if you have some. I have really enjoyed your food report.
Thanks Vinniecat. I will post some photos as soon as I can. I am in the middle of moving them all over to the PC.