Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 21 Oct 19, 09:21 PM  
Link to this Post
olgaandcoda
Imagineer

olgaandcoda's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Mobile

It’s the pressure to have the perfect holiday, it’s a big expense and so much more to prepare than a package elsewhere. You can only get everything in place, esta, documents etc. And then try to relax. My Dh just rocks up on the day we leave for the airport, I do the rest! (Linda helps )! And never had any issues with immigration, and I’m half Russian! Lol!
Old 21 Oct 19, 09:36 PM  
Link to this Post
yetihunter
Getting Excited

Mobile

Thank you for honest responses and to those of you who understand how it makes me feel. I read the posts because to be forewarned is to be forearmed and The Dibb has answered a lot of questions for me over the years.

I have checked our Estas online this evening and they are both fine. I've checked our passports and they are fine. So I guess I'll try not to worry anymore and just look forward to the trip!
Hamlet Reserve May 18, Split Stay May 17(PORS),Sunridge Woods May 16,West Haven Jan 16,Sunridge Woods Jan 15,West Haven Jan 14. POFQ Jan 13. Hilton LBV Sep 11. SSR Sep 2010. Hilton GVC,Seaworld Sep 09. Sequoia Lodge, DLP Dec 08. Royal Plaza, Downtown Disney Jul 08. Disneyland, CA Jun 08, Int Drive 07, Int Drive 06, DLP 05, West Coast Honeymoon Jul 04, Int Drive Jan 04[/COLOR][/SIZE]
yetihunter is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Oct 19, 09:57 PM  
Link to this Post
EssexSue
VIP Dibber

I totally understand but I think we all know too much on here. I checked and I'm not sure I was clicked out when we last left so I suppose I should check that again. Last time I looked it wasn't showing. If I hadn't been on here I would not be thinking about it at all
EssexSue is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Oct 19, 10:17 PM  
Link to this Post
llamala
Imagineer

Mobile

After 2 Orlando trips where I did all the organising, booking etc This year we are off to Cancun with TUI. Just book, pay and show up . Simples
llamala is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Oct 19, 10:53 PM  
Link to this Post
dippiedawnie
Imagineer

I am the main organiser for our trips. DH just says "yeah just do what you think is best" if I ask him which makes it worse as it means I'm planning on my own most of the time. We have also been that family who turns up at the airport and one of the estas is invalid. That turned out ok but it was a heart stopping 20 mins 😱.
It is such a long way and a lot of money I do stress over booking all we want to do to make it a good holiday but I do feel it's worth it as we love it out there.

WDW too many times to count
DL 1999
Paris 1996
dippiedawnie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Oct 19, 07:48 AM  
Link to this Post
Ellelledee
Imagineer

Mobile

The only stressful thing I find is it’s me that has to book FPs. I always feel that no matter what I chose someone will say “oh why didn’t you get... ”
but aside of the the most stressful thing is the weeks I have to work until it’s time to go.
Ellelledee is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Oct 19, 08:22 AM  
Link to this Post
Omega1
Imagineer

I guess it’s a very personal thing but I would hate a holiday where I had to book dining reservations, FPs or any other daily detail weeks or months in advance. Obviously things like flights, accommodation, cars etc have to be booked in advance and maybe the odd attraction that can book up, but I like other things to be flexible depending on how I feel on the day.
The regimentation of some holiday planning I see leaves me cold and I would certainly find it stressful. Just my opinion.
Omega1 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Oct 19, 09:09 AM  
Link to this Post
PPM
VIP Dibber

I think a lot of the “stress” involved with a WDW holiday is forum induced.
You will read about a case where there was an ESTA issue at the airport, remember that was one in the hundreds and thousand of others Thayer had no problems.
You get your stomach all tied in knots because you have read that someone couldn’t log on for fast passes at sixty days. again it one instance.

Before long, after reading all these you are thinking it’s the norm when it’s not.
I’ll say that one of the best WDW holidays we had was a total last minute job, booked on a Wednesday night, flew Friday morning, bo plan at all. We just went with the flow, so much more relaxing. Just decided over breakfast where we were going for that day.
PPM is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Oct 19, 10:12 AM  
Link to this Post
tspill
Imagineer

I am te reverse - I find it the least stressful type of holiday. I have been so many times, we know the ropes so we find it a very easy holiday.
A lot of the stress is caused by the fear posts on this forum - e.g. ESTA threads. These seem to have used a lot of unnecessary stress over the years.
tspill is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Oct 19, 10:35 AM  
Link to this Post
margyloveswdw
Deck 4, Disney Wonder

margyloveswdw's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by PPM View Post
I think a lot of the “stress” involved with a WDW holiday is forum induced.
I think that is a great comment and one I agree with completely. I've been to Florida around 20 times now and although I do have small worries, I can push them to one side (mostly! ); I'm a natural worrier and can imagine that if I read lots of the threads on here I would stress about stuff that I probably shouldn't! It's a bit like looking at trip advisor; each person has different expectations and just because it happened to one person/family, think of the 1000's it didn't affect!

I see some of the threads on here and on a particular FB group and I feel sorry for new visitors - I'd be terrified to go from scratch now; I realise the trip requires an element of planning and that has definitely intensified over the years if you want to do certain rides etc.
margyloveswdw is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List