Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 22 Oct 19, 12:17 PM  
Link to this Post
MrsBC
VIP Dibber

MrsBC's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 11
Restaurant Reviews: 50

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 10
Guidebook Reviews: 1
Yes, where I worked was the same. Unit Manager had a clique and they found everything out - so bad!
DCL Magic, DCL Wish
BOOKED - Beach Club Villas Sept '24, Disney Treasure Sept '25
TRIP REPORT INDEX
www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=835984
MrsBC is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Oct 19, 12:23 PM  
Link to this Post
TrueBlueAngel
Imagineer

is it even worth reporting? This isn't the first time this has happened, whether its someone leaving or someone pregnant and they've been cross about it too.

RIP Murphy 24.4.1999 - 4.5.2013
1995 - Tunisia, 2003 - Lanzarote & Gran Canaria, 2004 - Majorca, 2005 - Florida - ASMo. 2006 - Florida - Villa, 2007 - Salou, 2008 - Pop Century, 2009 - Kenya, 2010 - Eygpt, 2011 - Tenerife- 2012 Rhodes, Crete - 2013&2014, Florida - 2014&2015
TrueBlueAngel is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Oct 19, 12:39 PM  
Link to this Post
Ellelledee
Imagineer

Mobile

I get where you are coming from - I worked in a nursery and the deputy manager was thick as thieves with the cook who I couldn’t stand. I went to the doctor as I was felling stressed/down (all work related) and the week after I went into the kitchen and the cook asked me if the doc had prescribed tablets for my depression. I was livid! I asked how she knew and she said I told her but I didn’t as I couldn’t stand her!
Ellelledee is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Oct 19, 12:43 PM  
Link to this Post
duchy
Imagineer

If every time someone did it, it got reported then eventually something would get done. Most people don’t bother and just moan.
You probably won’t see anything done publically but you probably should raise a grievance. I find it extraordinary that a medical workplace is so careless about confidentiality . I’d worry about what other confidentiality is also breached.
duchy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Oct 19, 12:45 PM  
Link to this Post
claireyfairy8
Apprentice Imagineer

claireyfairy8's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 6

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
I would put in a complaint if I were you.

Will you have an exit interview?
claireyfairy8 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Oct 19, 01:00 PM  
Link to this Post
ChoppyGirl
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by claireyfairy8 View Post
I would put in a complaint if I were you.

Will you have an exit interview?
I would mention it at your exit interview too.
2014 Saratoga Springs Resort
2017 Animal Kingdom Lodge
2019 Highlands Reserve/Grand Plaza/Boardwalk Villa
2023 Vero Beach/Portofino Bay/Coronado Springs Club level

2024 Wilderness Lodge/Grand Floridian
2025 Disneyland Hotel DLP
ChoppyGirl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Oct 19, 01:16 PM  
Link to this Post
Twin mummy
Imagineer

Twin mummy's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by TrueBlueAngel View Post
is it even worth reporting? This isn't the first time this has happened, whether its someone leaving or someone pregnant and they've been cross about it too.
I would at least make it clear that you were cross.

I had the pregnancy one, my head announced to the whole staff meeting and asked if anyone wanted to apply for my Head of Year maternity cover. The major problem was that I was in hospital at the time and genuinely thought I was losing the baby (luckily I wasn't and was expecting twins). I was furious and was considering a formal complaint but in the end concentrated on the pregnancy but my Head knew how upset I was and did apologise.
Old 22 Oct 19, 01:39 PM  
Link to this Post
Pino_Spetzberg
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by TrueBlueAngel View Post
Just venting, sorry.
I would content myself with expressing your irritation here.
Don't let anybody at work see you are bothered or annoyed.
Just quietly work out your notice and leave with as positive an experience as possible.
Never know, one day you may wish to return.
Pino_Spetzberg is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Oct 19, 01:52 PM  
Link to this Post
Andybear
Imagineer

I don't understand why you're cross. You're leaving, you'll never see those people again, so why be precious about it?
Andybear is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Oct 19, 02:17 PM  
Link to this Post

I think there could be some public vs private sector different ways of working at play. I am private sector and leaving a resignation letter for somebody instead of delivering the resignation in person is something I have not heard of in my 28 years in the workforce.

I am struggling to understand the issue, you have resigned, why does it matter who knows. Maybe people need to know so they can plan, that has to come before your desire to tell people personally, especially since you didn’t think your manager deserved that courtesy. I think leaving a letter and not delivering the message personally negates any right to claim outrage now.

If I were away or my boss was away the day I wish to resign, well it waits another day.

Oh and a resignation is not a confidential matter.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List