Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 23 Oct 19, 08:57 AM  
Link to this Post
Smilesonfaces
Imagineer

Smilesonfaces's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Mobile Why are some people thieving scumbags !

Just spent a wonderful 4 days in Krakow. What a beautiful city !
We went Ryanair, didn’t pre book seats so were sat all over the plane. Husband was given an extra leg room seat and needed to stow everything in the locker. Crew member told him he had to put his expensive camera in the overhead. He was sat next to a young Polish male. Husband knows that only this man and himself opened the locker as he never left his seat. This guy must have put his coat over the camera and picked it up. Reported it but of course nothing can be done. We had some great photos too. I have a few on my phone but not many. Husband is so upset over it. The camera can be replaced but the photos can’t.
Smilesonfaces is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Oct 19, 08:59 AM  
Link to this Post
Cez
Getting Excited

Cez's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Sorry to hear this. That is horrible! Some people have no morals.

DLP 2016
Cez is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Oct 19, 09:06 AM  
Link to this Post
EssexSue
VIP Dibber

Mobile

I am sure Ryanair could be more helpful if it suited them. After all they must know who is on the plane and they made your husband put the camera in the locker. Have you reported it to the police?
EssexSue is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Oct 19, 09:11 AM  
Link to this Post
Smilesonfaces
Imagineer

Smilesonfaces's Reviews
Mobile

Originally Posted by EssexSue View Post
I am sure Ryanair could be more helpful if it suited them. After all they must know who is on the plane and they made your husband put the camera in the locker. Have you reported it to the police?
Yes it was reported to the police in the airport. The officer took the details but said these days due to data protection are reluctant to give the police details of who was sitting in a certain seat. She didn’t think Ryanair would do this for a camera and will only check for more serious matters !
Smilesonfaces is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Oct 19, 09:34 AM  
Link to this Post
Tiggers Pal
slightly serious Dibber

Sorry to hear this. It is a very upsetting thing to happen, especially losing all your photos. It really is such a horrible feeling when something is stolen.

Not quite the same but our son had his jacket stolen on our flight from Miami last year by the family sat behind us. It was a lightweight branded jacket he had bought at the outlets and we haven’t been able to replace it so quite upsetting for him. They all had 2 bags each and had filled their own overhead storage and then started filling ours just as we got to our seats. They refused to move any of their stuff to other empty overhead storage and we didn’t want to cause a scene so DS put his bag in above us and shoved his jacket down the side of his bag. When we landed at Heathrow we let them get off first then when we went to get DS’s bag and jacket his jacket was gone. The only person that had been in there during the flight was the husband/dad from behind us and I don’t see how the could have mistaken it for their own sons as it was the wife's/Mum’s bags that were in there plus it was down the side of DS’s bag at the end of the storage bin. We reported to Virgin at the airport and I contacted them once we were home but they weren’t helpful at all. In hindsight we should’ve got a member of cabin crew as I understand that if you have a second piece of hand luggage it should go under the seat in front of you but I just didn’t want any confrontation.

So sorry again and I hope your DH isn’t too upset, it’s not his fault someone else is dishonest and doesn’t have the same morals/values as you both.
Tiggers Pal is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Oct 19, 09:41 AM  
Link to this Post
EssexSue
VIP Dibber

Mobile

I always put my hand luggage under the seat in front. I am a bit obsessive about it if I'm honest
EssexSue is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Oct 19, 09:47 AM  
Link to this Post
Smilesonfaces
Imagineer

Smilesonfaces's Reviews
I always put my hand luggage under the seat in front. I am a bit obsessive about it if I'm honest
I agree. Husband was told by crew member to put it in the locker so he did. He seemed to think it was because it was an extra leg room seat so did as hE was told ! I will ring insurance today but I think we have quite a big excess.
Old 23 Oct 19, 09:53 AM  
Link to this Post
Stitch & Smudge
Imagineer

This year the guy in front of me took his shoes off and put them underneath his seat. Not only did it mean that I couldn’t put anything at my feet (who would want to with someone else’s shoes there anyway) but it restricted my legroom. Possibly should have said something but I didn’t want to cause a fuss so just waited until he went to sleep and kicked them out the front.
I’m disgusted by people stealing things, I just don’t understand how someone can think it’s okay to take something that someone else has obviously worked and saved to buy.
Stitch & Smudge is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Oct 19, 09:56 AM  
Link to this Post
Smilesonfaces
Imagineer

Smilesonfaces's Reviews
Originally Posted by Stitch & Smudge View Post
This year the guy in front of me took his shoes off and put them underneath his seat. Not only did it mean that I couldn’t put anything at my feet (who would want to with someone else’s shoes there anyway) but it restricted my legroom. Possibly should have said something but I didn’t want to cause a fuss so just waited until he went to sleep and kicked them out the front.
I’m disgusted by people stealing things, I just don’t understand how someone can think it’s okay to take something that someone else has obviously worked and saved to buy.
Gross ! You just can’t get why some people think their behavior is acceptable. Presumably he was using the underneath of the seat in front of him as well.
Old 23 Oct 19, 10:00 AM  
Link to this Post
Stitch & Smudge
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Smilesonfaces View Post
Gross ! You just can’t get why some people think their behavior is acceptable. Presumably he was using the underneath of the seat in front of him as well.
Yep, funny that
Stitch & Smudge is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List